Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Immigrant's son to lobby in Mexico to keep her in US

Immigrant's son to lobby in Mexico to keep her in U.S.

Published November 13, 2006

CHICAGO -- The 7-year-old son of a Chicago woman who has taken refuge in a Humboldt Park church as she fights deportation is expected to lobby on his mother's behalf in Mexico this week.

Saul Arellano traveled to Mexico on Sunday and is scheduled to meet with members of the Mexican Senate and Mexican House of Representatives on Tuesday as part of his mother's bid to stay in the United States, said Roberto Lopez, a member of Centro Sin Fronteras, an immigration rights group.

E-mail this story

Printable format

Search archives

RSS

In August, Elvira Arellano defied a deportation order by taking refuge at Adalberto United Methodist Church, where she has lived with Saul, a U.S. citizen.

"He's going to be giving testimony, and they have a resolution in support of Saul and his mother to ask Congress and the U.S. to let them stay here together," Lopez said, noting that Mexican officials invited Saul abroad.

Arellano has said she does not want her son to grow up in Mexico, and her deportation would force him to leave the United States.

Copyright © 2006, Chicago Tribune

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... alwest-hed
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Arellano has said she does not want her son to grow up in Mexico, and her deportation would force him to leave the United States.
    Let me get this straight in my own mind. Now, Elvira Arellano thinks Mexico sucks and does not want her son to grow up in that sorry politically corrupt excuse of a country, but yet she is sending her son Saul to plead for assistance from the very people that have corrupted Mexico. Personally, if I was a member of the Mexican Senate or House, I'd be offended and tell her and Saul to pack sand! How can someone imply that their homeland is the scum spot of the world and then go begging its leaders for help? Hell, if I was a part of the Mexican Congress, I'd be insisting that the United States deport her immediately just to shut her mouth. Do the leaders of Mexico have no dignity? If I was part of the politcal body running a country, I'd be damned if I'd help a citizen calling my country the armpit of the world!

Perhaps Mexico will get smart and detain Saul in hopes of getting Elvira to return. Why would they want her sitting in America bad mouthing Mexico? I know, it's not likely, but it sure would be nice.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn