Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DHS official admits taking bribes

www.cnn.com

DHS official admits taking bribes to fake documents

POSTED: 4:46 p.m. EST, December 1, 2006
    Adjust font size:

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A federal immigration official pleaded guilty Thursday to receiving more than $600,000 in bribes for falsifying documents for illegal immigrants.

Robert Schofield, 57, could face 25 years in federal prison when he is sentenced in February.

He pleaded guilty in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Virginia, to issuing fraudulent documents to at least 184 illegal immigrants who falsely received U.S. citizenship.

Schofield, a former supervisor for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service, was arrested in June.

He had served as a supervisory district adjudications officer at the Washington district office of agency, part of the Department of Homeland Security.

According to court documents, Schofield illegally helped Asian immigrants obtain U.S. citizenship in return for payments of $30,000 or more.

Under terms of the plea agreement Schofield has agreed to surrender his home, his bank accounts and his government retirement account.

"The breadth and scope of Mr. Schofield's fraud and corruption are truly stunning," said U.S. Attorney Chuck Rosenberg.

"Those who compromise the integrity of our national immigration system betray the confidence of the American people, and their actions are shameful."

Prosecutors said Schofield employed a network of brokers to bring aliens to him who were willing to pay for the phony documents.

The government says it has identified a number of these brokers.

One of them, Qiming Ye of Washington, has already pleaded guilty and will be sentenced December 21.

Where do you suppose these people's loyalties lie?

Attorney General of the United States - Alberto Gonzales
    Director of Citizenship and Immigration - Emilio Gonzalez
    Director of Citizenship Office - Alfonso Aguilar

bush has his team in place for the latinization of America.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Business and money is where so many people's loyalties lie.

Just an hour ago I finished writing a letter to the journalist who wrote an article titled "Immigration backlash to business" regarding the Farmer's Branch law change regarding immigration. (article: http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/16121623.htm)

In the letter, I explained my position as a business owner.

<Snip>

As a business owner in a labor intensive industry, I realize that the majority of my competitors are employing illegal immigrants. I realize that because they are employing illegal immigrants their profit margins are a great deal larger than mine. I suppose that, unlike them, my greed isn’t high enough to lower my values.

In my business I pay my legal American citizens at least double the industry average and yet I am still capable of offering my customers lower rates than those of my competitors who are paying less for their labor. Of course I am not making the same money as these other companies but I firmly believe that change often starts with one person at a time.

Farmer’s Branch is a perfect example of change happening one person (or city) at a time. My small business is another example of change happening one person at a time. And I am confident that more cities and more businesses will begin to do their part to make a difference in this country as more Americans begin to stand up and voice their opinions and their anger with the lack of proper border enforcement and immigration laws.

<End>

I guess I'm changing the subject but I still believe that good prevails in the end and I believe that soon, enough people will be tired of losing their jobs to cheaper labor or worse yet, not being able to find a job because they aren't bilingual (which is what happened to me).

I'm just glad the greedy #$$ got caught.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

DHS official admits taking bribes

The whole DHS department should be scrapped. It's not only useless, it's counter-productive. The department is supposed to prevent illegal invasion, not encourage it. Another reason is because of DHS's zealous pursuit, prosecution, and sentencing of Ramos & Compean, 2 devoted BP agents. It's as if DHS is doing everything possible to endanger America, not keep it safe.

April

clearer

Protest Illegals,I believe like you, that good prevails in the end.....and it is becoming clearer and clearer that there is soon going to be enough people that are mad as hell and not willing to take this corruption that Big Corporations and some Officials have helped create due to their love of the almighty $$$$$$$$$$$.