Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hazleton files to dismiss lawsuit challenging illegal immigr

http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 5154&rfi=6

12/05/2006
    Breaking News: Hazleton files to dismiss lawsuit challenging illegal immigration laws
    By Wade Malcolm , Staff Writer

Hazleton defense attorneys filed a motion Friday to dismiss the federal lawsuit challenging the city's right to enforce laws targeting illegal immigrants.

Filed with a 110-page supporting brief in Scranton's William J. Nealon Federal Building, the motion claims Hazleton has the right to enforce the ordinances punishing landlords and employers renting to or hiring illegal immigrants under existing federal laws. Previous court decisions have held that local governments can enforce immigration ordinances through regulation of permits and fines.

The motion also states the plaintiffs cannot prove the ordinances have directly caused them irreparable harm.

A temporary restraining order granted by Judge James M. Munley in October has blocked enforcement of the ordinances, which were first proposed by Mayor Lou Barletta in June.

Several advocacy groups and private attorneys brought the suit, arguing the ordinances are unconstitutional and promote civil rights violations. They represent more than a dozen plaintiffs from Hazleton - several of whom are identified only as Jane and John Does - who say the ordinances have caused irreparable harm.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They represent more than a dozen plaintiffs from Hazleton - several of whom are identified only as Jane and John Does
    Here we go again........Mr & Mrs DOE

Very Legal plaintiffs, eh?

I wonder do the JANE & JOHN DOES and their 'legal' council know that the more Americans see the DOES, the angrier we are becoming?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I hope Hazelton sends them the legal bill for all the fees, attorney and court cost associated with defending themselves against these criminal supporting attorneys.

They are just criminal aliens 2nd. They don't deserve anything but for me to step out of their way, while they leave my country. That's the only thing I am willing to do for an illegal alien. I don’t want them to get confused and believe for one moment that I want them to stay and that’s the only reason I would stand aside.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I hope Hazelton sends them the legal bill for all the fees, attorney and court cost associated with defending themselves against these criminal supporting attorneys.

They are just criminal aliens 2nd. They don't deserve anything but for me to step out of their way, while they leave my country. That's the only thing I am willing to do for an illegal alien. I don’t want them to get confused and believe for one moment that I want them to stay and that’s the only reason I would stand aside.

Dixie
    I know, Dix.......that's why I posted DOE, mr & mrs Jane & John

Remember MARMARONECK? hmmm--not as sophisticated
    John DOE 1-2-3-4-5-6