Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Jeb Bush leaves behind a state in chaos,1/4/07

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/01/04/Opini ... ehin.shtml

Letter to the Editor
    Published January 4, 2007

ADVERTISEMENT

The Bush legacy Dec. 29-31

"People in Florida had never seen a leader like Jeb Bush ..."

You are right about that, and we hope to never see one like him again! Jeb Bush has done nothing to improve the state of Florida, and as a matter of fact it is in a state of emergency right now! With the outrageous homeowners insurance and property insurance rates, only the "Bushes" will be able to afford to stay in Florida.

Getting more into the Bush legacy: School vouchers are a terrible program started so the rich can take money out of our public school systems. Real estate has taken a turn for the worst. The only employment boom I see is for the illegals. Record tax cuts ... yes, for the rich and powerful. My taxes have done nothing but rise. Medicaid is a joke, and I was furious that my hard-earned money went to have a special legislative session fighting over the death of Terri Schiavo.

From what I see, Bush is leaving behind a state in utter chaos. Our legislators no longer work for the people of this state but for the lobbyists who have all the money! His leadership was solely based on the rich getting richer and the poor footing the bill!

Let me also mention the "hundreds of millions" he gave to big corporations to come to our state and offer only a few hundred jobs.

So you say "Bush legacy," and I say "Bush nightmare."

Mark Stevans, New Port Richey

His leadership was solely based on the rich getting richer and the poor footing the bill!
    Hasn't this always been the boosh policy from GW senior all the way down?
    Great to see the great WTC complex head of security could do so well in FL.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.