Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

PBS "Public Broadcasting" Launch Spanish Network F

Another sign that disassimilation is becoming main stream

A new Spanish-language network featuring public-TV fare and other programming with an educational focus will go on the air March 5 in several U.S. cities with large Hispanic populations, the network announced Wednesday.

It's called V-me (pronounced "veh-meh," from the Spanish veme, for "see me") and will begin as a 24-hour digital broadcast network carried on basic digital cable and satellite systems. The network will be partners with public TV stations, which will receive V-me at no cost.

Provided to viewers as part of cable companies' basic digital service, V-me initially will be available in markets representing 60 percent of all U.S. Hispanic homes, the network said, and will be carried in about 24 million homes.

It will be available in New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco and San Antonio, among other cities.

Programming will feature a mix of original productions and acquisitions as well as public television fare adapted for American Latinos, the network said, with content organized into four categories: kids, lifestyle, current affairs/informational, and movie/special events.

V-me has established content and co-production relationships with PBS producers WGBH and Thirteen/WNET, in addition to BBC Worldwide, Sesame Workshop, HiT Entertainment, Alliance Atlantis and others.

Airing without commercials, the programs will carry the sort of underwriting associated with public broadcasting. Revenues will also come from syndication of the network's originally produced programs, and sales of DVDs and other products.

The schedule, to be announced in about two weeks, will be provided as a national feed that each local station can air intact or tailor to its local audience.

"What has driven our selection of content both for production and acquisition is the idea that there is a hunger for programming that's engaging and meaningful as it entertains our particular audience," said V-me President Carmen M. DiRienzo.

The New York-based network is a venture of V-me Media Inc., a partnership of Thirteen/WNET New York as well as private investors including the Baeza Group and Syncom Funds, both of which specialize in investing in media companies to reach underserved markets.

Source http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article ... 191e42.txt

No more donations to PBS

Americans should not be giving donations to PBS nor should they recieve any taxpayer funds. English should be the official language in America.

Re: No more donations to PBS

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyal
    Americans should not be giving donations to PBS nor should they recieve any taxpayer funds. English should be the official language in America.
    I agree. I have cable and in the last year we have graduated to 4.5 of the channels being all spanish speaking and I am floored to see just how many American products, services and corporations target and pander to the Spanish speaking population. They have all sold out and their American loyalty is to anyone who possess an American dollar/purchase power.

EXCEPT FOR CHEVY. I have yet to see a Chevy commercial pandering any other language or to illegals. I love their blatant pride in America. That song "This is our Country" tugs at my heartstrings these days.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

[b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Why thank you Altura, don't mind if I do. No taxpayer dollars for PBS! No more coffee mugs. Take a flying leap PBS.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)