Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul is on C-Span now; declares candidacy for President

Ron Paul is among those non-front-runner candidates who are against mass immigration. He said he thinks that he'll be a part of the primary debates. It will be good to hear from him.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

I just heard Ron Paul and he's my man all the way. He is the only runner that have said all the things I want to hear.
    I agree with his views on Iraq and immigration. To take away the incentives is the only way to deal with illegal immigration.
    Crack down on business that hire illegals and correctly interpret the 14th Amendment.No work without legal papers means they will not come if they cannot work and if there are no "anchor babies" to anchor them they will not come. And many who are here working illegally will leave. They will not have to be deported.

RON PAUL ALL THE WAY.

Hey MUMMY!

Long time no see

But so glad to see you now
    How's all going in your neck of the woods?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I'm not so sure this is a good thing, even though we already knew he was going to run. Nothing personal against Ron Paul, but I have some serious concerns about our support being split in three different directions (Paul, Hunter, and Tancredo). I'm sort of hoping two of the three will step aside and throw their support behind the strongest contender. IMHO, one strong candidate is all we really need. For example, dyehard supports Paul, I support Hunter, and April supports Tancredo. Now what we have is three separate people supporting three different candidates when our cause would be much better served if April, dyehard, and myself were all supporting the same person.

Makes perfect sense to me.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    I'm not so sure this is a good thing, even though we already knew he was going to run. Nothing personal against Ron Paul, but I have some serious concerns about our support being split in three different directions (Paul, Hunter, and Tancredo). I'm sort of hoping two of the three will step aside and throw their support behind the strongest contender. IMHO, one strong candidate is all we really need. For example, dyehard supports Paul, I support Hunter, and April supports Tancredo. Now what we have is three separate people supporting three different candidates when our cause would be much better served if April, dyehard, and myself were all supporting the same person.

Makes perfect sense to me.
    I agree MW. I am hoping the strongest candidate of the three will emerge clearly as the leader before it is too late. Then hopefully the other two will back that person.
    Deportacion? Si Se Puede!

We have a long way until November 08 and I may very well change my mind by then.
    I only know where Tancredo stand on immigration issues.

MW
    dyehard39 wrote:

I only know where Tancredo stand on immigration issues.
    Hunter and Tancredo are shoulder to shoulder on immigration and border security.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Hey MUMMY!

Long time no see

But so glad to see you now
    How's all going in your neck of the woods?
    Hey 2ndamendsis,
    Good to hear from you too!! Things are OK over here. How about you?

To all ...
    wth regard to Ron Paul's candidacy, it probably would be good to just have one pro-borders candidate that everyone could rally behind (though it's always exciting to learn that someone good is running.)

I get the impression that each of the 3 candidates have their passionate supporters. So, it certainly divides the vote. It's too bad we don't have Instant Runoff Voting. I'd happy be happy with any of the three: Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, or Ron Paul. (My preference is the last one though. )
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

Three voices (at least) to bring it up in the debates. I think that is a good thing. That way, there won't just be one guy looking like a lone nut, or not "mainstream" enough.

I saw Scarborough tonight, and the pasts and past quotes of Giuliani and Gingrich are downright candicacy breaking. McCain seems to be fading into obscurity as I type.......Giuliani currently looks like the only guy that can win, but the thing is he can't win. Not only is he pro-choice, but he avidly has supported government funded abortions. Not a big issue for myself, but that is nomination poison in the Rep primaries. Just stating a fact.

The only thing keeping our 3 guys out is the media and the lobbies. Like I have said before, the debates will be the great equalizer. Anything can happen. If Howard Dean can go from front-runner to distant memory in the time it takes to say YYEEEEHHH, I don't think it will take much to destroy 2 proven bums like McCain and Giuliani. Does anyone know Where Kerry was in the polls before that? That would be interesting, and give us an idea of our boys chances of pulling ahead.[/i]
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!