Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush backs Blair, efforts to free sailors

Bush backs Blair, efforts to free sailors
    Spokeswoman says the 'topic' was discussed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: March 29, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

President Bush "fully backs" the United States' allies in Britain, and already has discussed the abduction of 15 British sailors and marines by Iran with Prime Minister Tony Blair, according to a presidential spokeswoman.

Dana Perino was responding to a question from WND's correspondent at the White House, Les Kinsolving, who asked, "What is the president prepared to offer in the way of help to Great Britain to free the 15 of its armed forces seized by the Iranians?"

"I do have one update. The president did speak to Tony Blair today by SVTS. This was a secure video teleconference. That was scheduled before this incident had occurred, and they did speak today on a variety of topics, including this one. The president fully backs Tony Blair and our allies in Britain," Perino said.

(Story continues below)

Meanwhile, Iran broadcast video of the 15 military service members, and showed the only woman, Faye Turney, who was captured, announcing that she and the others had "trespassed." Iran's foreign minister also suggested she might be released soon.

But Blair's government condemned the video as "unacceptable" and said it would have no dealings with Iran – except for negotiations for the return of its personnel.

Iran has claimed that the British personnel were within its claimed territorial waters, but Britain released Global Positioning System information documenting that the Royal Navy ship was seized nearly two nautical miles inside Iraqi waters.

On the video, described by many as propaganda, Turney said, "Obviously, we trespassed."

But Blair said there was "no justification" for the military members' detention, and it certainly was inappropriate for Iran to use their images, words, and even personal information on the air to apply pressure to their families and Great Britain.

"We had hoped to see their immediate release; this has not happened. It is now time to ratchet up the diplomatic and international pressure in order to make sure the Iranian government understands its total isolation on this issue," he said.

Perino also responded to a question about the direction of peace efforts in the Middle East, and the U.S. work with the Palestinian Authority on those issues.

"Does the president believe that PA President [Mahmoud] Abbas truly desires to be a partner for peace, when only weeks ago Abbas and his Fatah party joined the Hamas terrorist government after signing the Mecca agreement, which does not call for peace, but for more terrorism, and demands the so-called 'right of return'?" WND asked.

"Peace in the Middle East is a priority for this administration. Secretary Rice is in the region. We are talking to them, are talking to the unity government. … I do believe that the president believes that President Abbas has the intention of finding a peaceful solution. And we are encouraged by Secretary Rice's discussions with them, as one of the things that has come out of her trip is that they will be meeting – Abbas and [Israeli Prime Minister Ehud] Olmert will be meeting bi-weekly to have meetings and discussions, and that's encouraging. We need to have them to have a continuing conversation," Perino said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a tough question you'd like to ask the White House? WND's MR. PRESIDENT! forum is your big chance.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=54929
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

That would be the first thing king george has done right in his entire history, he got them into this mess, he better not leave them hanging.
    Although, to me this whole incident is eerily similar of how Johnson lied us into Vietnam with the BS attack on our ship in the Gulf of Tonkin that came out years later to be a lie.

Im sorry but it looks like a back door attempt to escalate tensions with Iran. Would it surprise anyone if they thought that what we need is a 'legitimate' war to calm people down?

Don't ever believe anything they say, ever.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    That would be the first thing king george has done right in his entire history, he got them into this mess, he better not leave them hanging.
    Although, to me this whole incident is eerily similar of how Johnson lied us into Vietnam with the BS attack on our ship in the Gulf of Tonkin that came out years later to be a lie.

Im sorry but it looks like a back door attempt to escalate tensions with Iran. Would it surprise anyone if they thought that what we need is a 'legitimate' war to calm people down?

We were in VN since the late 50's if memory serves.

Kennedy got us in solidly & deeper and Johnson screwed up what could have been a quick and decisive end. His pals made a tons of money dragging that out besides Johnson being a sick twit who insisted on micro managing.

Can't blame Johnson for getting us involved but sure can blame him for being the biggest screw up, being greedy, being an ego maniac and hanging our troops out to dry. Gulf of Tonkin fits within these parameters.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican

We were in VN since the late 50's if memory serves.

Kennedy got us in solidly & deeper and Johnson screwed up what could have been a quick and decisive end. His pals made a tons of money dragging that out besides Johnson being a sick twit who insisted on micro managing.

Can't blame Johnson for getting us involved but sure can blame him for being the biggest screw up, being greedy, being an ego maniac and hanging our troops out to dry. Gulf of Tonkin fits within these parameters.
    You are correct, but the incident in the Gulf was the spark that lit the war fire. It was how they sold the escalation from peackeeping and advising to war. Im getting old, but I remember.

In my mind Vietnam was a war for the military industrial complex that owned Johnson and Congress then much like this latest travesty is an oil war for the oil barons that own bush and Congress today.

History indeed repeats itself over and over. I also look at what is happening now to America is what hastened the end of the Roman Empire, as well as all other 'balkanized' civilizations.
    --Ronald Reagan

You are correct, but the incident in the Gulf was the spark that lit the war fire. It was how they sold the escalation from peackeeping and advising to war. Im getting old, but I remember.

In my mind Vietnam was a war for the military industrial complex that owned Johnson and Congress then much like this latest travesty is an oil war for the oil barons that own bush and Congress today.

History indeed repeats itself over and over. I also look at what is happening now to America is what hastened the end of the Roman Empire, as well as all other 'balkanized' civilizations.
    Not exactly.

This had everything to do with the Soviet Union and the then more powerful Cuba. Soviets were using Cuba inside of VN to push the Communists into power. Remember, there was an entire region at stake here and with Cuba so involved, South & Central America were at stake as well. Remember what happened after we left and let the Communist regime not only take over but SLAUGHTER millions of people??
    S & C America began turning on a dime.

We were there for very serious reasons. However, JOHNSON, the bastard, saw a very lucrative business arising out of it and instead of finishing the job!.........he escalated with a different agenda. One that didn't include a quick & decisive victory.

The entire situation became convoluted with the COMMUNISTs backing & FUNDING the ANTI-WAR idiots.
    ** those same "anti-war" idiots are now in our Congress, prior Administration, Schools and Colleges, Church, Press and every other area of our society.
    ** those same 'anti-war" idiots are now pushing AMNESTY for ILLEGALS.

Be careful.........it always manages to come around and bite ya on the ass! And we've been bitten because few understood exactly what was going on in VN & bought the communist propaganda hook line and sinker - and few understood exactly who was instigating in the U.S.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree with you on nearly everything you said in response. I was just saying that the Gulf incident was the excuse. period.

I know there were many complex situations behind Vietnam, before it, and after it. But the excuse to sell the war was the Gulf incident, I never said or insinuated that it was the cause, just the excuse, that our blockade was attacked by NVA gunboats, and it never happened.

Like Iraq, how many excuses have we to date as to why we invaded a soveriegn nation state that did not attack us? To me that is a bad precedent to set. Other than Hussein being completely sadistic to his own people, Iraq was one of the most moderate, modern, non-sectarian regimes in the region. Saddam tortured and killed terrorists who stumbled into his country. Iraq was not a safe haven for anyone except saddam hussein.
    The first gulf war was just as bogus IMO because Kuwait was part of Iraq until the British carved off an oil rich piece and gave it to a friendly shiek and forgot to ask Iraq if that was OK, it obviously wasn't. So we flood Saudi with 100s of thousands of western troops to guard the oil that was never in danger and in turn angered the radical islamists for just being there which begat 9/11.
    I know there is more to it than that, but thats it in a nutshell.

Dont get me wrong, Im not sticking up for these nutjobs, I just know history and I dont buy into propoganda.

I think the best policy is get out of their business and stay out, and that means not supporting Israel too. All we get for supporting them is grief.
    We need to be energy independent of middle east oil, and then we would have no more reason to meddle in their affairs. They don't want our country, they want us out of their domain and I agree on that.

The Crusades ended a long time ago, or did they?
    --Ronald Reagan

I think the best policy is get out of their business and stay out, and that means not supporting Israel too. All we get for supporting them is grief.
    We need to be energy independent of middle east oil, and then we would have no more reason to meddle in their affairs. They don't want our country, they want us out of their domain and I agree on that.
    This is where papa bush & cabal come into play with the CARLYLE GROUP. James Baker, CFR etc.
    FDR is the one who put Saud into power and made the oil deal.
    Globalists 'expanded' upon it.
    England AND France created the original mess over there. It's almost as water seeking it's own level again. Removing "tribal influences" has never been accomplished. Can it? Imho, I doubt it.

The Crusades ended a long time ago, or did they?
    Islam has never ended the Crusades. It's hits a critical mass now but has been bubbling up right under the surface for decades. That's why "migration" is so important to them also.

Vietnam goes back to before WWII, with French Indo China. Old Ho Chi Min fought the Japanese in WWII, and the French after the war, reclaimed the region. When the French capitulated to the Germans, it gave Japan an open door to the region. After the war was over, the western powers did the same thing to those people that they did to the Czechs in 1938. Those people expected a free country from a foreign government, but instead, France was allowed to reoccupy the country. The U.S. being an ally to France (even though they dog us at every chance) did it's duty in support of a friend even though it was wrong in this case. But it was started by Ike, and escalated by Kennedy first, then really escalated by Johnson. Funny thing is, the North didn't start out as a Communist entity, but the Red Chinese were the only ones offerring them the support for their own country, because the U.S. can't seem to support a legitimate government, only neo fascist corrupt forms with Constitutions of their own. Our leaders own fears of the domino theory backfired in Vietnam, and the other countries in the region, along with trying to conduct the war from Washington instead of letting the Military men do their jobs.

It has never ceased to amaze me that we Americans love our Liberty, but yet will do very little to help support those who desire the same in their own country. Our foreign policy doesn't have a very good track record.

You know what, I really enjoy discussing things with people that have intelligent things to say. Who don't just quote news sources but can speak from their mind, and memory.

We can state an opinion and not get piled on by someone with a differing opinion, isn't that cool? I think so. Sometimes it's hard not to feed the trolls though.

It looks to me like we are saying the same things basically, although I just have a more seperatist foreign policy view is all.
    I just don't think we need to meddle in the politics of other countries under any circumstance. Humanitarian aid is a good thing though, but we just cant seem to stop there for some reason, ecspecially if oil is in the game.
    --Ronald Reagan

Yes it's nice to talk intellegently with people who have an education. Really stimulating, even if we make typos. But at least the gist of the idea gets across, and you can have a decent conversation with folks, and not worry too much about a mindless backlash.

The trolls come and go, but at least they don't stay too often, unless they start to ask real questions, and make statements of substance.