Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bush is pulling National Guard away from Border

http://bordercontrol.blogspot.com/2007/ ... -away.html
    Posted: 29 Jul 2007 08:19 PM GMT-06:00

National Guard troops have started leaving the U.S.-Mexico border. About 6,000 Guard members have been on the border since May 2006, where they were deployed by President Bush to back up the Border Patrol until more agents could be hired.

The troop reductions began July 15. The Bush Administration wants to cut their numbers in half by Sept. 1.

The Border Patrol plans to add 6,000 agents by the end of the year for a total of about 18,000. There are about 14,000 agents now. New graduates will be sent to five sectors - San Diego, California; El Paso and Laredo in Texas; and Tucson and Yuma in Arizona.

Many saw the Guard deployments as a 2006 election year ploy to demostrate to Republicans in Congress that Bush was committed to stemming illegal immigration. Guard troops were not allowed to make immigration arrests, but did free up border agents for the field by taking over camera rooms and helping man checkpoints.

Sen. Jeff Bingaman, D-New Mexico, sent a letter to Bush this week asking him to keep troops on the border until more Border Patrol agents are trained and assigned. In Texas, the number of guardsmen will be reduced from about 1,500 to 900.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Bush Administration wants to cut their numbers in half by Sept. 1.
    Wouldn't bother me if there were border patrol agents to take there place.......but there isn't.......where are they?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

When you think he could not do worse, he does worse. What will he do next?

What will he do next?
    I hate to let my mind wander.......seems the impossible, the most stupid things even beyond my imagination are always what's lurking around the corner......