Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Theodore Roosvelt on immigration 1907

I know this has been posted before, but since we have so many new ALIPACer's I thought they would enjoy it!!

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on Immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1919.

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.'
    Theodore Roosevelt 1919
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Read this many times and never tire of it.

We so need another Teddy Roosevelt, a leader, a unifier and not a divider.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ok

I think the ACLU would have a lawsuit against Roosevelt if he were alive today.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

Quote Originally Posted by americangirl
    I think the ACLU would have a lawsuit against Roosevelt if he were alive today.
    Thats because they don't love America the way we do!! They are not American anymore!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Teddy Roosevelt probably wouldn't get elected into public office in todays world-he seems to have a grasp of reality that todays politicians are lacking.
    Plus from all the quotes and everything I've read about him he was for celebrating UNITY, also looking out for America and Americans.

Rawhide!

Not written in 1907. Check facts before passing on.

Welcome rational1.
    Would you please provide us with the year then?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by rational1
    Not written in 1907. Check facts before passing on.
    Well , then why don't you tell us what you know!! or is it you just don't agree with Teddy!

Hmmm, interesting. I have seen different dates for the source of that quote.

Snopes sources it to 1907.
    http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/troosevelt.asp

Maybe they are wrong...

rational1 - yes, please provide the correct date and source if you don't mind.
    Oh, yes, welcome aboard!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast