Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Powell Gammill (L), US Congress, AZ 2nd Dist. (Challenger)

Campaign & Candidate Information

Name of Candidate: Powell Gammill

Name of Campaign Committee:

Mailing Address: PO BOX 15061, Phoenix, AZ 85060

Phone Contact Information: 602.400.6463

Campaign E-mail and website: Powell@GammillForCongress.com www.GammillForCongress.com

State and District: AZ - 2

Political Party: Libertarian

Is the candidate (Incumbent, Challenger, Open Seat): Challenger

Campaign Funds Raised (as of most recent reporting cycle):

This form completed by: self

Candidate Background Information

Prior political or campaign experience: none

Top Campaign Issues: 1) Get our military out of Iraq within six months, 2) impeach the CONmander in Chief, the V.P., the Secretaries of Defense, State and Homeland Security as well as the Attorney General, should Bush get re-elected on dereliction of duty and perjury of oath to the Constitution and the People of the United States of America. Followed by impeaching President Hassert and then President Byrd. Ship their sorry asses over to Iraq, if an Iraqi court asks the U.S. to extradite them for war crimes. 3) Repeal the Patriot Act and other so called anti-terrorist legislation that assaults our hard won civil rights.

Education, Awards & Honors:

District Information

Please give a brief description of your district: Heavily favoring one of the two major parties, as are all of the districts in Arizona. Gosh, what a coincidence. What is it like in your state?

Percentage of Democrat, Republican, and Unaffiliated Voters: 30% D, 47% R, 23% I/3rd Want to bet on who is going to win? Still think voting makes sense?

Issue Information

(Please describe your feelings on the following with a number 1-10 or with the response “Undecided� (1=�Strongly Disagree�, 2-4=Disagree, 5=Neutral, 6-9 Agree, 10=Strongly Agree)

Reducing illegal immigration should be a top priority for America? (1-10) 1, Immigration is not a power delegated to the federal government, but rather a power reserved by the States.

Reducing illegal immigration is important to the voters of my district? (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigrants should be deported when detected in the interior of the US? (1-10) 1, who the hell is going to mow my lawns or clean my house?!

Illegal Immigration is a threat to our national security? (1-10) 1, George Bush is a threat to our national security.

Illegal Immigration is unfair to those that obey the law and legally immigrate? (1-10) 0, immigration laws are unfair and unconstitutional for everyone.

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to receive driver licenses? (1-10) 0, travel is a right, not a privilege, and the government has no power to license travel.

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to attend state sponsored universities at in state tuition rates? (1-10) 1, unless they are citizens of the state in which the university resides, or otherwise qualify under the rules of that state. However this is not a decision a federal candidate has. I oppose any involvement of the federal government in education.

Illegal Immigrants currently in the US Should be granted amnesty or enrolled in a “Guest worker program�? (1-10) 0, open the borders, eliminate welfare, get out of the immigration business. Let the states decide whom they want immigrating.

Federal and state tax dollars should be spent to provide translators and bilingual information in government agencies? (1-10) 1, who wants government agencies?!

Penalties provided under current laws should not be enforced on illegal immigrants? (1-10) Bad question. My answer assumes you mean penalties for violating immigration laws, and are not referring to crimes of violence or property, in which case 10.

State and local law enforcement officers should be allowed to assist in immigration law enforcement? (1-10) 1, not federal laws. Federal law enforcement is illegal. The federal government is empowered by the Constitution to enforce only three laws: counterfeiting, piracy and treason. If the states wish to make their own laws to enforce immigration, that is up to them. The federalization of local and state police forces is incredibly dangerous.

Illegal aliens that return to their home countries should be allowed to receive social security benefits? (1-10) 0, Social Security should be eliminated, and the taxes stolen from people returned with interest and profuse apologies.

Short Answer

Has your campaign addressed the topic of illegal immigration in speeches, commercials, ads, or campaign materials? What are those messages? (Please provide sources or examples)

http://www.gammillforcongress.com/immigration.htm
    http://www.gammillforcongress.com/surveys.htm
    http://www.gammillforcongress.com/news.htm

I am, of course, the only candidate in District 2 committed to ending 100% of illegal immigrants...by ending all unconstitutional federal laws restricting the travel to and within the United States. The States of course are free to do as the wish with regards to immigration, depending upon their self determined needs and proclivities, so long as they do not trample on peoples Rights.

What do you feel your opponent’s stance on illegal immigration or immigration reform is or would be?

Trent Franks (R – incumbent): No official position, perhaps you should ask. But his voting record indicates he supports big business importation of skilled labor, using the U.S. military to patrol our border and enforce immigration law at the point of a gun, has voted to increase enforcement and penalties for those who aid aliens who are already in this country illegally, has pushed for National ID cards (passports for every citizen that must be carried everywhere) which will include photograph, fingerprints, and biometric data, and increase interactions with federalizing local and state law enforcement. Goosesteppin’ heaven.

Randy Camacho (D): “First, we must strengthen the laws against those individuals who smuggle others into this country. .... I am firmly behind guest worker programs .... we need to cultivate our relationship with our Latin American friends. By improving the quality of life in those countries, the less attractive a perilous desert crossing to the United States will become. If we begin to take a wholehearted effort to develop economic partnerships with Latin American countries ....� from his web site.

Have you been endorsed by or received contributions from any other immigration reform or illegal immigration reduction groups at this time? No.

Would you openly accept an endorsement and or contribution from ALIPAC? Endorsements yes. Think I will get it? ;-) No to contributions, nor under the table either. I am accepting no contributions from anyone, but supporters are welcome to contribute to either www.theLfactor.org or www.WesternLibertarian.org if they like what they hear and read.

Powell Gammill (L), US Congress, AZ 2nd Dist. (Challenger)

Campaign & Candidate Information

Name of Candidate: Powell Gammill

Name of Campaign Committee:

Mailing Address: PO BOX 15061, Phoenix, AZ 85060

Phone Contact Information: 602.400.6463

Campaign E-mail and website: Powell@GammillForCongress.com www.GammillForCongress.com

State and District: AZ - 2

Political Party: Libertarian

Is the candidate (Incumbent, Challenger, Open Seat): Challenger

Campaign Funds Raised (as of most recent reporting cycle):

This form completed by: self

Candidate Background Information

Prior political or campaign experience: none

Top Campaign Issues: 1) Get our military out of Iraq within six months, 2) impeach the CONmander in Chief, the V.P., the Secretaries of Defense, State and Homeland Security as well as the Attorney General, should Bush get re-elected on dereliction of duty and perjury of oath to the Constitution and the People of the United States of America. Followed by impeaching President Hassert and then President Byrd. Ship their sorry asses over to Iraq, if an Iraqi court asks the U.S. to extradite them for war crimes. 3) Repeal the Patriot Act and other so called anti-terrorist legislation that assaults our hard won civil rights.

Education, Awards & Honors:

District Information

Please give a brief description of your district: Heavily favoring one of the two major parties, as are all of the districts in Arizona. Gosh, what a coincidence. What is it like in your state?

Percentage of Democrat, Republican, and Unaffiliated Voters: 30% D, 47% R, 23% I/3rd Want to bet on who is going to win? Still think voting makes sense?

Issue Information

(Please describe your feelings on the following with a number 1-10 or with the response “Undecided� (1=�Strongly Disagree�, 2-4=Disagree, 5=Neutral, 6-9 Agree, 10=Strongly Agree)

Reducing illegal immigration should be a top priority for America? (1-10) 1, Immigration is not a power delegated to the federal government, but rather a power reserved by the States.

Reducing illegal immigration is important to the voters of my district? (1-10) 10

Illegal Immigrants should be deported when detected in the interior of the US? (1-10) 1, who the hell is going to mow my lawns or clean my house?!

Illegal Immigration is a threat to our national security? (1-10) 1, George Bush is a threat to our national security.

Illegal Immigration is unfair to those that obey the law and legally immigrate? (1-10) 0, immigration laws are unfair and unconstitutional for everyone.

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to receive driver licenses? (1-10) 0, travel is a right, not a privilege, and the government has no power to license travel.

Illegal Immigrants should be allowed to attend state sponsored universities at in state tuition rates? (1-10) 1, unless they are citizens of the state in which the university resides, or otherwise qualify under the rules of that state. However this is not a decision a federal candidate has. I oppose any involvement of the federal government in education.

Illegal Immigrants currently in the US Should be granted amnesty or enrolled in a “Guest worker program�? (1-10) 0, open the borders, eliminate welfare, get out of the immigration business. Let the states decide whom they want immigrating.

Federal and state tax dollars should be spent to provide translators and bilingual information in government agencies? (1-10) 1, who wants government agencies?!

Penalties provided under current laws should not be enforced on illegal immigrants? (1-10) Bad question. My answer assumes you mean penalties for violating immigration laws, and are not referring to crimes of violence or property, in which case 10.

State and local law enforcement officers should be allowed to assist in immigration law enforcement? (1-10) 1, not federal laws. Federal law enforcement is illegal. The federal government is empowered by the Constitution to enforce only three laws: counterfeiting, piracy and treason. If the states wish to make their own laws to enforce immigration, that is up to them. The federalization of local and state police forces is incredibly dangerous.

Illegal aliens that return to their home countries should be allowed to receive social security benefits? (1-10) 0, Social Security should be eliminated, and the taxes stolen from people returned with interest and profuse apologies.

Short Answer

Has your campaign addressed the topic of illegal immigration in speeches, commercials, ads, or campaign materials? What are those messages? (Please provide sources or examples)

http://www.gammillforcongress.com/immigration.htm
    http://www.gammillforcongress.com/surveys.htm
    http://www.gammillforcongress.com/news.htm

I am, of course, the only candidate in District 2 committed to ending 100% of illegal immigrants...by ending all unconstitutional federal laws restricting the travel to and within the United States. The States of course are free to do as the wish with regards to immigration, depending upon their self determined needs and proclivities, so long as they do not trample on peoples Rights.

What do you feel your opponent’s stance on illegal immigration or immigration reform is or would be?

Trent Franks (R – incumbent): No official position, perhaps you should ask. But his voting record indicates he supports big business importation of skilled labor, using the U.S. military to patrol our border and enforce immigration law at the point of a gun, has voted to increase enforcement and penalties for those who aid aliens who are already in this country illegally, has pushed for National ID cards (passports for every citizen that must be carried everywhere) which will include photograph, fingerprints, and biometric data, and increase interactions with federalizing local and state law enforcement. Goosesteppin’ heaven.

Randy Camacho (D): “First, we must strengthen the laws against those individuals who smuggle others into this country. .... I am firmly behind guest worker programs .... we need to cultivate our relationship with our Latin American friends. By improving the quality of life in those countries, the less attractive a perilous desert crossing to the United States will become. If we begin to take a wholehearted effort to develop economic partnerships with Latin American countries ....� from his web site.

Have you been endorsed by or received contributions from any other immigration reform or illegal immigration reduction groups at this time? No.

Would you openly accept an endorsement and or contribution from ALIPAC? Endorsements yes. Think I will get it? ;-) No to contributions, nor under the table either. I am accepting no contributions from anyone, but supporters are welcome to contribute to either www.theLfactor.org or www.WesternLibertarian.org if they like what they hear and read.