Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

All of these welfare states are going to go under. Illinois is another that wants to tax anything that moves and anything that slightly brings a smile to your face. Sales tax in Chicago is the highest in the nation, state tax is up there and they are talking a 33% increase....property taxes are through the roof......Daley wants to tax satellite TV on his "entertainment tax", regulations are so high it drives businesses out of here......then they want to regulate "green cars" and sensors in the roads and all sorts of junk to "control" every move you make......yet make it a sanctuary area. The idiots want to raise tolls on truckers, which just makes the truckers find alternative routes which is one of the reasons it's so hard to get around here, which aids in the road and small bridge damage and now Canada wants to buy the trains and increase train traffic by a huge amount......on down the line. It's NOT a state worth what it costs to live here. I personally don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to come here. People flee Chicago to the outlying area and then we're drug into their financial mess, not to mention the rest of the headaches and crime. I would be in the masses fleeing if it weren't for the house.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We've been thinking OR but its left too, however, the governor got into office by opposing DL's for illegals.

Utah has cut their taxes and has a surplus in their budget. Chaffetz was just elected to the Congress on a strong anti-illegal immigration stance. Utah is looking better and better. We have friends who are thinking of leaving CA and going back to Idaho. The taxes here are killing them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Arnold is not even a RINO, he's really a cross between a phony and a kook. He can't even pronounce California. No wonder Obama is considering him for a post in his administration. He'd fit right in with the rest of the kooks.

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad
    I left Santa Clarita 2 years ago.....most of my new neighbors here are from California...we all got fed up....
    You left just in time, Santa Clarita is on fire right now.

Nationwide, if I remember correctly 50% of the taxes collected are collected from the top 1% of the wealthiest people as it is. This is why I do not agree with the higher taxes the socialcrats want to impose on the higher wage and profit earners. The way I see it, to make up for the lost profits that over taxing will do, will cause a repercussion in higher prices and will create more unemployment and create more unrest and disolutsion than already exists.

Nationwide, if I remember correctly 50% of the taxes collected are collected from the top 1% of the wealthiest people as it is. This is why I do not agree with the higher taxes the socialcrats want to impose on the higher wage and profit earners. The way I see it, to make up for the lost profits that over taxing will do, will cause a repercussion in higher prices and will create more unemployment and create more unrest and disolutsion than already exists.
    I totally agree. It sounds good to some people to tax the rich. Nobody needs that much money, right? But that is where most investment comes from, both in small businesses and large; existing businesses and start-ups; established products/services and innovations. And this is what creates opportunities and jobs.

What we all have to be aware of is where our economy comes from; how jobs are created; and what impacts on the economy occur when the government sticks its nose into this process, either through taxes, affirmative action, arbitrary quotas, social engineering, etc. As noted in the earlier posts, people are leaving California in droves, and so are businesses.

So who will create the new jobs and pay the taxes in California now? Apply this model to the nation. More and more corporations want to move their headquarters out of the US, as well as manufacturing because of excessive taxation. Add on other inhibitors such as over-reaching environmental laws and so-called equal opportunity laws (which don't seem to apply to companies using the visa programs to get employees--US citizens need not apply). Couple this with the threat of future government intervention, such as mandating that small businesses provide health insurance to all employees and we will eventually destroy everything that makes our economic system work.

We have the choice of telling our representatives that we will not tolerate the government undermining our foundations until the whole nation looks like California, Michigan, and Illinois, or we can learn to live with the nation being exactly like those states.
    "We have met the enemy, and they is us." - POGO

Hey here's an idea; listen,

Um, instead of increasing taxes, how about cutting the spending? A revolutionary idea? I think not. Reduce public office salaries to 60k a year max. And the the president's salary for four years to a maximum of 80k a year.

There is no better way to get them to understand the plight of the people until they know how it feels to be sqeezed in a crusher.

Actually the top 1% pays 70% of the taxes. 40% don't pay taxes at all. Why is the stock market going down? The hedge fund investors are pulling their money out which affects your and mine 401 (k) accounts. They are taking their money off shore. They don't trust Obama or the Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Actually the top 1% pays 70% of the taxes. 40% don't pay taxes at all. Why is the stock market going down? The hedge fund investors are pulling their money out which affects your and mine 401 (k) accounts. They are taking their money off shore. They don't trust Obama or the Democrats.
    Can't say I blame them Gogo. If I had the funds to take offshore, that's exactly where I'ld be going.

Oh, and thankyou for the correction. I thought I was off a bit there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hylander_1314
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    Can't say I blame them Gogo. If I had the funds to take offshore, that's exactly where I'ld be going.

Oh, and thankyou for the correction. I thought I was off a bit there.
    No problem. Ya, let that lottery hit and its outtahere.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12