Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Congressman Steve King makes the case for official English at ProEnglish Panel

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Congressman Steve King makes the case for official English at ProEnglish Panel

Congressman Steve King makes the case for official English at ProEnglish Panel

This past February, ProEnglish hosted a panel entitled “The Failure of Multiculturalism” in Washington, D.C. Congressman Steve King (R-IA), made a special guest appearance at the panel to talk about his bill H.R. 997, the English Language Unity Act. Congressman King spoke eloquently on the need to make English our nation’s official language.

The entire speech is available on YouTube.
    Click the picture below to watch.

Rep. Steve King makes the case for official English - YouTube

A partial transcript from the speech:

"So there is no reason for us to back down and there is no reason to think that somehow all the names we get called are accurate. They are not. Many nations have a de facto official language and almost every nation has an official language.

We need to move on this H.R. 997. It has a 100 and something sponsors to it; and by the way, I think its something we need to get a hearing on in the Judiciary Committee and if any of you have leverage to help me out I’d appreciate it.

I’m going to continue to make the case myself and I think when you get to an issue that is up in the 80th percentile and an election coming and we’re talking about the future of the destiny of America and English should be up on the floor on the House of Representatives for a vote and then send that over to the Senate and see what Harry Reid does with that. If he doesn’t do something with that, send him back to search-light and put someone in there who will."

Other panelists included:
    Dr. Rosalie Porter, chair of the ProEnglish board.
    Dr. Serge Trifkovic, foreign affairs editor for Chronicles magazine.
    Peter Brimelow, author of Alien Nation and editor of Vdare.com
    John Derbyshire, contributing editor for National Review magazine.

The panel was moderated by ProEnglish executive director Robert Vandervoort.

ProEnglish | The Nation's Leading Advocates of Official English

Thank Bush,Clinton, Bush and Obama for the condition of our country.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn