Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FLIMEN Avon Park Ordinance Fails 3-2

Date: 2006/07/25 Tue PM 03:24:13 EDT
    Subject: Avon Park Ordinance Fails 3-2

Floridians for Immigration Enforcement

www.FLIMEN.org

Avon Park Ordinance Fails 3-2

The City of Avon Park, Florida's Illegal Immigration Relieve Ordinance was defeated last night, July 24, 2006, by a vote of 3-2. The ordinance would have denied permits to companies that knowingly hire illegal aliens and to the landlords who rent to them, as well as making English the town's official language. Commissioner Brenda Gray was the swing vote that defeated the ordinance.

FLIMEN will be sending a letter to Mayor Macklin thanking him for his effort.

Here are some pictures from Avon Park protesters showing what Florida's citizens are up against in the fight against illegal immigration:

Here are some comments on the outcome of the vote by leaders of Florida organizations that spoke at the hearing:

Citizens Against Illegal Aliens:

Unfortunately America lost the Avon Park battle 3-2. I honestly believe, that in a very short time (months), their vote will come back to haunt them. By defeating this ordinance, Avon Park has effectively opened their doors, welcoming illegals into their city. NOW they will reap the "rewards" of their efforts, and soon those persons who cried for sympathy for the illegals will be breaking down the doors of City Hall demanding protection from the hordes.

All was not lost though! Citizens Against Illegal Aliens (C.A.I.A.) enthusiastically embraces the bonds formed last night. We look forward to working side by side with FSP & FLIMEN. We are now on record as standing together. We will continue our fight, knowing that our organizations stand ready to assist each other at a moment's call. When we held our July 1st rally, here in Ft. Myers, we issued a call for assistance & FLIMEN, FSP, Florida Minutemen, F.I.R.E. Coalition, F.A.I.R. & many others answered the call. Two of us from C.A.I.A. traveled to Tallahassee in support of the 21st Century Paul Revere Riders, we have made two trips to Avon Park, and we stand ready for ANY "call to arms" we receive from our friends & colleagues.

It is our hope that again we can make a united stand against the current invasion. Yesterday we lost a battle. Today we prepare for the next encounter. Tomorrow we fight again! To us - the war is just beginning. Once we are able to fully educate the American people to "their" plan - well, you are aware of the strength of a single elephant. By himself/herself they are fairly docile creatures, but get them angry & the entire herd reacts as one, with nothing left standing in their path.

C.A.I.A. is looking forward to working/fighting by your side.

Harold Poole
    President, Citizens Against Illegal Aliens (C.A.I.A.)

Floridians for Immigration Enforcement:

Basically we were just grossly out-numbered. To hear the illogical, greedy and silly arguments of the opponents to the ordinance was maddening. The economic interests were there in full force decrying the financial impact to them and fully admitting that they flaunt the law by hiring illegal aliens. The religious representatives spoke as if illegal invasion is a human right. The ethnic advocates pulled the race card, equated the ordinance to Hitler and spoke as if the rule of law is meaningless. Especially maddening was the aggressive lobbying against the ordinance by the Florida Commission on Human Relations that should not have a) lobbied against pending municipal ordinances, b) lobbied based on immigration status which is not within their jurisdiction, nor c) lobbied on any perceived discrimination regardless if it is within their jurisdiction. FLIMEN will investigate and will likely formally complain about their over-reaching and inappropriate actions.

We must continue to educate Floridians and stir more citizens into action.

David Caulkett - VP FLIMEN
    Floridians for Sustainable Population (FSP):
    I think Gray may have been intimidated or maybe she was lobbied with some slanted information by the distorters. That said, I do not think the Mayor will back off. He may regroup and rewrite but it will be a tough effort given the businessmen who are first and foremost looking after their own profit motives.

The aiding and abetting threat to business licenses was an Achilles heel in this ordinance and needs to be corrected. The rest of it was defensible.

If more communities make a similar effort, as in Palm Bay, the publicity and the awareness that it generates will help future efforts and hopefully will galvanize the pro-reform citizens.

I thought some of the speakers supporting the ordinance were very good.

I think two of the black speakers might be used for black community discussions via the Terry Anderson Show and the ChooseBlackAmerica.com group that FAIR helped to form with Frank Morris. (I noted that the NAACP has joined ranks with the Latino groups in support of Bush/Senate immigration reform. The NAACP smells a lot like Sierra National.)

Joyce Tarnow, President, Floridians for Sustainable Population

More Information:

http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 50399/1039

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... ines-state

http://www.tbo.com/news/metro/MGBM2MUP1QE.html

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/ ... 114340.htm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

All was not lost though! Citizens Against Illegal Aliens (C.A.I.A.) enthusiastically embraces the bonds formed last night. We look forward to working side by side with FSP & FLIMEN. We are now on record as standing together. We will continue our fight, knowing that our organizations stand ready to assist each other at a moment's call. When we held our July 1st rally, here in Ft. Myers, we issued a call for assistance & FLIMEN, FSP, Florida Minutemen, F.I.R.E. Coalition, F.A.I.R. & many others answered the call. Two of us from C.A.I.A. traveled to Tallahassee in support of the 21st Century Paul Revere Riders, we have made two trips to Avon Park, and we stand ready for ANY "call to arms" we receive from our friends & colleagues.
    This is good! and I don't think it will take us 60 years (La Raza Unida 1965) to get these groups organized into one powerful Lobby. (Man I hate that word but you gotta fight fire with fire I guess)
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)