Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Illegal Immigration and The Fair Tax Plan HR25

Does anyone know what politicians support our fight against Illegal Immigration and The Fair Tax Plan listed as HR25 in the House?

Thanks!

Libertybell

Sponsor is Rep John Linder and there are 54 co-sponsors.

Go to http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d108:h.r.00025:

Click on CO-SPONSORS for list....
    Click on TEXT OF LEGISLATION for contents

MW
    LibertyBell wrote:

Does anyone know what politicians support our fight against Illegal Immigration and The Fair Tax Plan listed as HR25 in the House?
    Presidential candidate Duncan Hunter for one.

You may be interested in Hunter's Fair Tax speech:

http://kilosparksitup.blogspot.com/2007 ... peech.html

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't know nearly enough about the Fair Tax, but am willing to learn.

The idea of a sales tax is attractive. But the figure I have seen is something like 25%. That's troublesome.

Somehow, though, I can't quite believe that corporations moved offshore to avoid taxes. That may have had something to do with it, since I truly don't know much about the taxes they were paying.

Of course, sweatshop wages was a draw, lack of workplace safety rules was a draw, lack of environmental regulations was a draw, no healthcare costs, no workman's comp, and others that don't come to mind. In other words, going offshore these corporations could operate in whatever manner they choose. Our government pays the despotic rulers to allow them to operate that way. Of course, it is called 'foreign aid', but it is palm greasing.

So why, if corporations were paying that much in taxes, would our government use tax dollars to help them move offshore and to help them stay offshore?

Why, since we all can surely agree that corporations own our government, would the politicians pass some law that hurt corporations?
    Somehow, I think the corporations are just fine with their offshore operations and would not want to come back to America.

Also, there will be some exceptions made for low income, etc., etc., - there just will. That concerns me. There will be items that are exempted - everyone's pet industry, etc.

I am willing to be educated on this matter.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It wouldn't be an additional 25% on goods, prices would stay the same. All of the embedded taxes would be removed.

You should read the Fair Tax Book by Neal Boortz and Rep. John Linder. It's short, sweet, and very entertaining.

http://www.amazon.com/FairTax-Book-N.../dp/0060875410

By embedded taxes,you mean???????
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Say for example, a can of beans is produced. The beans are grown,and the farmer adds a tax onto the price when he sells them to the canning company.

The canning company adds another small tax onto the can of beans when they sell it to the grocery store.

Then you come along to the store to buy the can of beans, and lo and behold, the grocery store charges a tax on you as well. Everyone charges a tax, because everyone is required to pay taxes. And you end up basically getting taxed three times, because you are covering everyone else's taxes.

By making a tax that was paid solely at purchase, it would no longer be necessary for everyone else to charge a tax. You would not be charged 25% more for the can of beans, because the taxes previous, or embedded taxes would be eliminated.

You would also have more money in your pocket because the money would no longer be withheld from your check.

You would pay taxes on ONLY what you purchase.

And taxes paid on food/necessity items would be given back to you on a monthly or quarterly basis. Luxury items would be taxed. Houses would only be taxed once at purchase. Taxes would only be charged on NEW items. If it's used, than someone else already paid that tax.

I hope that helps a little. I'm terrible at explaining things.

I can't recommend the book enough, though.

I understand what you meant now. You explained very well.

The part of not taxing used items sounds good.

So many questions, maybe I should see if the library has a copy.

Thanks.

speaking of taxes --- maybe they're trying to head off a

a tax disaster:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=56855

THE POWER TO DESTROY
    IRS loses challenge to prove tax liability
    Lawyer is acquitted after arguing income levy lacks legal foundation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: July 26, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Bob Unruh
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

The Internal Revenue Service has lost a lawyer's challenge in front of a jury to prove a constitutional foundation for the nation's income tax, and the victorious attorney now is setting his sights higher.

"I think now people are beginning to realize that this has got to be the largest fraud, backed up by intimidation and extortion and by the sheer force of taking peoples property and hard-earned money without any lawful authorization whatsoever," lawyer Tom Cryer told WND just days after a jury in Louisiana acquitted him of two criminal tax counts.

And before you consign him to the legions of "tin foil hat brigades" who argue against paying taxes, and then want payment to explain how to do that, he addresses the issue up front.

(Story continues below)

"These snake oil peddlers have conned millions of dollars out of many well-intended patriots and left a trail of broken lives in their wake. … These charlatans should be avoided, not only because they will lead you to bankruptcy and prison, but because by association they discredit those who are telling the truth," he said.

The truth, he said, is where he comes in, with the launch of a new Truth Attack website that is intended to build on his victory, and create a coalition of resources to defeat – ultimately – the income tax in the United States.

The logo for the new Truth Attack campaign against income taxes

Although the legal citations in the case tend to run the length of paragraphs, Cryer told WND the underlying issue is not that complicated. Essentially, he argued that income is not necessarily any money that comes to a person, but rather categories such as profit and interest.

He said the free exchange of labor for compensation has been upheld as a right by the Supreme Court, but that doesn't necessarily make the compensation income.

If ever such an argument were to be presented widely, Cryer said, the income to the federal government would plummet. But not to worry, he said, the expenses could be reduced equally by eliminating programs, departments and agencies that also have no foundation in the Constitution.

"The Founding Fathers intentionally restricted the taxing powers of the new federal government as a measure of restraint on its size. By exceeding that limited taxing authority the federal government has been able to obtain resources beyond its intended reach, and that money has enabled the federal government to exceed its authority," he said.

For example, he said, the Constitution does not empower the federal government to regulate education, or employment, and agriculture, yet it does so.

The jury in U.S. District Court in Louisiana voted 12-0 to find Cryer, of Shreveport, not guilty of failure to file income taxes for two years. He had been indicted in 2006 on charges of failing to pay $73,000 to the IRS in 2000 and 2001. The next step in his personal case will be up to the IRS and prosecutors, if they choose to continue the issue, he said.

But for the rest of the nation, he's working with Save-a-Patriot, the Free Enterprise Society, Live Free Now and his own Lie Free Zone to spread the message of the truth.

"There are three points that are important," he told WND. "There's no law making the average working man liable [for income taxes], there's no law or regulation that allows the IRS to contend that earnings are 100 percent profit received in exchange for nothing, and the right to earn a living through any lawful occupation is a constitutionally protected fundamental right, and it is exempt from taxation."

Spokesman Robert Marvin in Washington's IRS office told WND the Internal Revenue Code provides for taxation on salaries or wages, but when pressed for a specific citation, or constitutional provision, he said, "I can't comment."

Cryer's encounter with tax law began more than a decade ago when a friend told him the income tax was sham. Cryer started researching, hoping to keep his friend out of trouble. But his conclusions, after years of research, were exactly what his friend told him.

He researched not only tax laws, but also the documents pertaining to the drafting of the U.S. Constitution as well as the first income tax.

He said throughout his battle, he's offered at every turn to pay taxes if the IRS could show him the authorization, and that never has happened.

"The Criminal Investigation Division and Department of Justice both responded only with 'your position is frivolous.' I had never stated a position, so how could they know whether it was frivolous?" he said. "Imagine my sending you a bill for $1,000 and when you call me and ask what the bill was for I simply said, 'that position is frivolous, just write the check and send it in.'"

His acquittal, he said, was a precedent because it means "people can see and recognize the truth."

He said multiple Supreme Court opinions have affirmed an individual's ownership of his or her own labor, and "exercising your fundamental rights" is not taxable. "It is definitely a trade. What most people receive in the form of wages, salaries or in my case fees that they personally earned for their labor is not received in exchange for nothing."

He said there might be a profit that should be taxable, but there might not.

"The IRS lets Wal-Mart sell a trillion dollars worth of goods, but they can back out their cost of goods [before being taxed,]" he said. "The IRS considers, in the case of a Wal-Mart wage earner, 100 percent of what he takes in is profit."

"But he's using his life, energy and work lifespan, and depleting it as he goes," Cryer told WND. "[Working] is a God-given fundamental right that is protected under the Constitution and can't be taxed any more than exercising freedom of speech."

While he waits to see what, if anything, the IRS and Justice Department will do next in his case, he's working to coordinate the groups that are battling taxation as unconstitutional.

"I have started a campaign to unify [the work] and we've got a number of organizations that are sponsoring and supporting this campaign," he said. The goal is to get everyone "who is aware of the truth" organized so they can spread the word.

He warned without a restoration of constitutional basics, the nation is lost.

"Read your Constitution and you will see that the federal role does not include ANY authority to regulate or tax any citizen directly and that WE expressly reserved the right to rule and govern ourselves as States, not as mere political subdivisions," his website says.

"The Constitution does not allow the government to run your lives, but the money it is stealing from millions of Americans is the fuel for its over-reaching and kibitzing. Take the money back and we and our states and communities can again be free," he said.

The fight is over "our FREEDOM from rule by a DISTANT RULER, just as we fought to free ourselves of a distant England over 200 years ago," he said.

alexz,

That's the best news I've heard in a long time. Thanks for the article!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast