Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Judicial Watch Publishes Shocking Border Patrol Report

Judicial Watch Publishes Shocking Border Patrol Report

JW President Tom Fitton presents JW's border patrol report to Rep. Tancredo
    “I really want to thank Judicial Watch, I really do. This is not an easy task, believe me. When you take on the government of the United States, it’s costly. I want to make a pitch for people to send them money, give them some help, to support their endeavor. For if we didn’t have Judicial Watch, this would have never come to light.”

On June 28, 2005, in a jam-packed room overflowing with reporters and Capitol Hill staff, Judicial Watch presented to Colorado Congressman Tom Tancredo (R) its U.S. Border Patrol Survey Analysis. The report contained the results of a previously undisclosed Border Patrol survey of apprehended illegal immigrants that proved President Bush’s “temporary guest worker” proposal had actually lured greater numbers of illegal immigrants to cross the border, along with details of the government’s attempt to cover-up the unfavorable findings.

“The federal government stonewalled Judicial Watch in court for almost a year to make sure the negative repercussions of the president’s proposed amnesty program would remain a well-kept secret from the American people,” said JW President Tom Fitton at the press conference. “Well, the truth is out.”
    By damaging us, you damage yourselves!

http://www.siliconeer.com/past_issues/2 ... form_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vegasvic
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/borderpatrolreport.shtml
    article was quoted from above site where full Border Partrol report can be downloaded

Banned
    Analysis of the raw data from the survey forms indicates:

o 45% crossed illegally based on rumors of a Bush administration amnesty
    o 63% received Mexican government or media information supporting the notion of a Bush administration amnesty
    o 64% previously entered the United States illegally
    o 80% desired to apply for amnesty
    o 66% desired to petition for family members to join them in the U.S.

• Roughly 25% of those who stated rumors of a Bush administration amnesty had NO influence on their decision to cross said they were determined to come to the U.S. anyway.

Conclusions

President Bush’s proposed “temporary worker program” was broadly interpreted as an amnesty offer to illegal immigrants. A spike in illegal immigration following President Bush’s speech was surveyed as a priority intelligence requirement for a three-week period by the Border Patrol. Survey results were politically unfavorable to the Bush administration, who ordered the survey stopped. The White House directed public affairs officers to withhold information in order to mislead the public and stave off potential political embarrassment. The government only produced records material to the survey once Judicial Watch filed a FOIA lawsuit in federal court. The government continues to withhold additional records concerning this matter. Judicial Watch will continue to pursue this case and other illegal immigration matters, and report facts to the American people, as part of its mission as a public interest education foundation.

I picked up a copy of this when I was at CPAC 2006 in February. I highly recommend that everyone reads through it when they get a spare moment.