Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

McCain tells Hispanic group of his commitment to immigration

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/...ca/09immig.php This is no secret but McCain doesn't even hide it anymore; he will be speaking to the La Raza convention in San Diego, next week; so will Obama....this is all getting more like a living nightmare, every minute.
    Please consider signing up for NumbersUSA before the next "immigration" legislation is unleashed against the American public. http://www.numbersusa.com/index
    It's free and they will pre-prepare a

Americas

McCain tells Hispanic group of his commitment to immigration*reform

By Michael Cooper
    Published: July 8, 2008

WASHINGTON: Senator John McCain told a major Hispanic group here Tuesday that he remained committed to passing the kind of immigration legislation that angered many Republican voters last year, but he underscored that he intended to first secure U.S.*borders.

Speaking to the convention of the League of United Latin American Citizens, McCain noted his efforts to pass comprehensive immigration legislation, which was supported by President George W. Bush and such Democrats as Senator Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts but which fell apart last year after an angry grass-roots movement that viewed it as tantamount to amnesty rose up to oppose its*passage.

"I and many other colleagues twice attempted to pass comprehensive immigration legislation to fix our broken borders, ensure respect for the laws of this country, recognize the important economic necessity of immigrant laborers, apprehend those who came here illegally to commit crimes and deal practically and humanely with those who came here, as my distant ancestors did, to build a better, safer life for their families," McCain said, "without excusing the fact they came here illegally or granting them privileges before those who have been waiting their turn outside the*country."

He added: "Many Americans, with good cause, didn't believe us when we said we would secure our borders, and so we failed in our efforts. We must prove to them that we can and will secure our borders first, while respecting the dignity and rights of citizens and legal residents of the United States of America.

But we must not make the mistake of thinking that our responsibility to meet this challenge will end with that accomplishment. We have economic and humanitarian responsibilities as well, and they require no less dedication from us in meeting*them."

McCain's support of the failed immigration bill, which many Republican primary voters vigorously opposed, threatened to doom his candidacy last year.

He was regularly attacked on the issue by Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and Republican contender, who spoke of it as the McCain-Kennedy bill. Voters opposed to the bill often brought it up to him in town hall-style meetings in Iowa, New Hampshire and South*Carolina.

U.S. Senate backs wiretap bill to shield phone companies
    Kennedy casts key vote as Medicare bill passes
    As America learns about Obama, he returns the favor

Then, during the primaries, McCain shifted his emphasis and began speaking of first securing the borders before trying to pass other components of the legislation, like its provision for a guest worker program, and he was able to win the nomination in a crowded*field.

When McCain was taking the most heat about the subject, he sometimes warned that Republicans risked alienating Hispanic voters, just when the party had been making gains in attracting them. Bush drew 40 percent of the Hispanic vote in 2004, exit surveys*showed.

But since the immigration debate has roiled the country, polls have shown that Republicans have been losing the support of Hispanics. Indeed, some recent surveys have shown McCain losing to Senator Barack Obama, who planned to address the convention later Tuesday, by large margins. A recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News Poll showed McCain losing the Hispanic vote to Obama by a two-to-one*margin.

McCain devoted most of his speech at the convention to what he described as the "slowing" economy, laying out his plans for tax cuts and saying that they would benefit small business owners. He also spoke of one of his fellow prisoners of war in Vietnam, a Mexican-American, of the many Hispanic names etched on the Vietnam War memorial and of the many Hispanic troops now serving in Iraq and Afghanistan who are not yet American*citizens.

"Those men and women are my brothers and sisters, my fellow Americans," he said, "an association that means more to me than any*other."
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

McCain's globalist buddy, Osama Obama, expects America's kids to learn Spanish.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZprtPat1Vk
    This came out on the Rush Limbaugh show today.

Remember the Kennedy-McCain Amnesty bill?

Champions of Illegals, Champions of the MS-13 Street Gang
    There's no damn difference!

Same organizations control both,
    Council on Foreign Relations
    Trilateral Commission
    The Bilderbergs
    The Illuminati

Where's my Preparation H?

Folks, buy it now, before they run out!!!
    We're gonna need it.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

It is a nightmare. We now have 5 more years of fighting left. At least. Don't give up on the states though. It is the states that are getting it inthe shorts. I have heard more complaintsl from strangers on the street about illegals then ever before.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Americas

McCain tells Hispanic group of his commitment to immigration*reform

By Michael Cooper
    Published: July 8, 2008

WASHINGTON: Senator John McCain told a major Hispanic group here Tuesday that he remained committed to passing the kind of immigration legislation that angered many Republican voters last year, but he underscored that he intended to first secure U.S.*borders.

Speaking to the convention of the League of United Latin American Citizens, McCain noted his efforts to pass comprehensive immigration legislation, which was supported by President George W. Bush and such Democrats as Senator Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts but which fell apart last year after an angry grass-roots movement that viewed it as tantamount to amnesty rose up to oppose its*passage.

"I and many other colleagues twice attempted to pass comprehensive immigration legislation to fix our broken borders, ensure respect for the laws of this country, recognize the important economic necessity of immigrant laborers, apprehend those who came here illegally to commit crimes and deal practically and humanely with those who came here, as my distant ancestors did, to build a better, safer life for their families," McCain said, "without excusing the fact they came here illegally or granting them privileges before those who have been waiting their turn outside the*country."

He added: "Many Americans, with good cause, didn't believe us when we said we would secure our borders, and so we failed in our efforts. We must prove to them that we can and will secure our borders first, while respecting the dignity and rights of citizens and legal residents of the United States of America.

But we must not make the mistake of thinking that our responsibility to meet this challenge will end with that accomplishment. We have economic and humanitarian responsibilities as well, and they require no less dedication from us in meeting*them."

McCain's support of the failed immigration bill, which many Republican primary voters vigorously opposed, threatened to doom his candidacy last year.

He was regularly attacked on the issue by Mitt Romney, the former Massachusetts governor and Republican contender, who spoke of it as the McCain-Kennedy bill. Voters opposed to the bill often brought it up to him in town hall-style meetings in Iowa, New Hampshire and South*Carolina.

U.S. Senate backs wiretap bill to shield phone companies
    Kennedy casts key vote as Medicare bill passes
    As America learns about Obama, he returns the favor

Then, during the primaries, McCain shifted his emphasis and began speaking of first securing the borders before trying to pass other components of the legislation, like its provision for a guest worker program, and he was able to win the nomination in a crowded*field.

When McCain was taking the most heat about the subject, he sometimes warned that Republicans risked alienating Hispanic voters, just when the party had been making gains in attracting them. Bush drew 40 percent of the Hispanic vote in 2004, exit surveys*showed.

But since the immigration debate has roiled the country, polls have shown that Republicans have been losing the support of Hispanics. Indeed, some recent surveys have shown McCain losing to Senator Barack Obama, who planned to address the convention later Tuesday, by large margins. A recent Wall Street Journal/NBC News Poll showed McCain losing the Hispanic vote to Obama by a two-to-one*margin.

McCain devoted most of his speech at the convention to what he described as the "slowing" economy, laying out his plans for tax cuts and saying that they would benefit small business owners. He also spoke of one of his fellow prisoners of war in Vietnam, a Mexican-American, of the many Hispanic names etched on the Vietnam War memorial and of the many Hispanic troops now serving in Iraq and Afghanistan who are not yet American*citizens.

"Those men and women are my brothers and sisters, my fellow Americans," he said, "an association that means more to me than any*other."
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)