Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Important for Friday March 24

From: Roy Beck <ImmigrationInfo@numbersusa.com> Date: 2006/03/24 Fri AM 04:04:43 EST
    Subject: Tailor your Friday phone calls ... and faxes

Date: Friday 24MAR06 2:30 a.m. EST

Tailor your phone calls Friday ... send the rest of those faxes ... full heat before next week votes

GOOD MORNING, FRIENDS,

It is so very important that you fax and phone your Senators today and try to force them to face the truth about the major immigration bills before the Senate next week.

When you have called the last two days, most offices are arguing that the bills don't do what NumbersUSA says they do. Fortunately, CNN tonight characterized the bills the same way that we do. (I'll tell you below the easy way to deal with skeptical staffers.)

You have a chance to change how your Senators end up voting next week if you can convince their staffers that the McCain/Kennedy and Specter bills really do give an amnesty to 12-20 million illegal aliens and that both those bills and the Frist bill would allow tens of millions more permanent foreign workers and dependents.

Those of you who saw me on CNN Thursday evening saw an episode that put our fight in perfect perspective: All major efforts on the Senate floor next week will be attempts to force tens of millions more foreign workers into competition with you -- and other American workers and communities over the next decade.

I have at least one thing in this email for each of you to do.

I apologize for lumping all these action items into one email to all of you instead of sending several Alerts to different groups of you. I am just too tired to stay up all night doing it. (I can't tell you how many all-nighters Rosemary has pulled the last few months in order to keep the best information flowing to you and to Hill staffers requesting it.) Please pick out the items that seem directed at you and pick out one you can do. Thanks.

1. All actions are related to phoning and faxing -- Here are links/numbers

Anne Manetas has posted dozens of fax messages for various of you to send this week.

Make sure you have sent all faxes with which you agree that are posted on your personalized Action Buffet at:
    http://www.numbersUSA.com/actionbuffet

Reach any Senator's DC office by phoning the Capitol switchboard at:

202-224-3121

Find phone numbers for offices back in the state by using our CONTACT CONGRESS page at:
    http://numbersusa.com/congressinfo/

Or go to your own customized page of all the phone numbers for just your own three Members of Congress at:
    http://numbersusa.com/myMembers

Keep up with the latest developments in the Senate on the NumbersUSA Hot Topics page and the Home page at:
    www.NumbersUSA.com
    in this email:
    1. All actions today are related to phoning and faxing -- Here are links/numbers

2. Call Frist and likely Republican supporters of Frist bill

3. Express outrage to all Democratic Senators for the Party's total identification with support for amnesty

4. Senators need to hear why YOU NEED lower overall immigration
    actions in brief:
    Check for your latest free faxes to send to Congress & the Administration at:
    NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet
    donate now:
    This faxing system is 100% financed by the voluntary generosity of the 120,000-
    plus Americans who use it.

Please click here to make any sized donation to keep this grassroots phenomenon strong and effective.

2. Call Frist and likely Republican supporters of Frist bill

Unless some of you put a full-court press on Majority Leader Frist's (R-TN) office, he and his staff may believe they put a big one over on the American people and take a terrible action.

"Hey guys, I just made my phone calls to the GA Senator’s offices. I was just talking with Johnnie Isackson’s office and was assured that Senator Frist's bill (S-2454) is nothing but a mirror of HR-4437 it is just coming from a different house on the hill. Can you guys shed any light on this? "
    ----------Jeff Bates

"I just wanted to let you know that I called Senator Frist's office to say that I was one of the people who called last week to congratulate Senator Frist on putting forth a strong border protection bill. I stated that I was dismayed to learn that instead the bill's primary effect would be to increase legal immigration by as much as 20 million over the next ten years. The staffer's response was to vehemently deny that that would be the effect and asked me if I got the information from NumbersUSA. I said yes, that you were an excellent organization, and that I trusted you. I asked her if she had been to your website to read your analysis, and she said she had, but that she had given the information to the legislative person there, and he said you were flat out wrong. She then went on to say that there would only be visas for some foreign tech workers that would allow them to come here for 3 years because there were no American tech workers available. I then asked why there were so many unemployed American tech workers. Anyway, we went around and around in a circle and agreed to disagree."
    ----------Michelle Goldstein

First, I want to assure everybody that Michelle's trust in our Capitol Hill Legislative Services Team is well-placed. It is always possible to make a mistake, but our record is that we don't make them.

Our staff provided Sen. Frist's staff with our analysis of his bill early in the week.

Despite what many staffers are telling many of you about Frist analysts saying NumbersUSA is wrong, not a single Frist staffer has called us to try to make that case.

We suspect none would want to because the gigantic increases in foreign workers are quite plainly in the langugage of the bill.

Rosemary Jenks -- our Director of Government Relations -- analyzed the bill and found that enforcement appears to be the last priority of this bill. Clearly, its first priority is to open the floodgates to even higher waves of foreign workers and their dependents.

To look at Rosemary's entire detailed analysis of the Frist bill, click here.

To see Rosemary's numerical calculations of the effect of the Frist bill, click here.

When you talk to any Frist office or to that of a Republican Senator who may support the Frist bill (and not the amnesties of the other major bills), tell them CNN is reporting NumbersUSA's figures and that NumbersUSA has told you that we have received no complaint from any Frist staff.

More than 20 million permanent immigrants would be allowed into the U.S. over the next decade alone, under the bill Frist introduced!

That's on top of the nearly 50 million foreign workers, immigrants and their children already packed into our communities. Neither the immigrants nor the native-born in those communities will find their quality of life enhanced with the addition of another 20 million (plus all the children they will have once here).

REPUBLICANS: Especially if you have leaned toward Sen. Frist in the presidential possibilities campaign, you need to call Frist offices and urge that the Senator never put into play on the Senate floor his bill with the giant increases in foreign worker importation.

Try to help the staffers understand that if that bill gets put into play on the Senate floor, Sen. Frist will lose any ability to attract large percentages of the Republican core base of supporters. They need to understand that Sen. McCain (R-AZ) pretty much has locked up the votes of Republicans who favor open borders. Frist can only lose politically by standing with the big corporation lobbyists and their desire to drive down the wages of American workers and flood communities with people they can't afford to handle.

SEN. FRIST'S PHONE NUMBERS:

202-224-3344 SH-509 Washington, DC 20510

423-323-1252 Kingsport, TN 37663
    865-637-4180 Knoxville, TN 37919
    901-683-1910 Memphis, TN 38137

423-756-2757 Chattanooga, TN 37402
    615-352-9411 Nashville, TN 37205
    731-424-9655 Jackson, TN 38301

To examine the claim that the Frist bill is a mirror image of H.R. 4437, just use the link above to the detailed anlaysis of the Frist bill -- it contains section-by-section comparisons of the Frist bill the H.R. 4437 (and to the McCain/Kennedy and Specter bills).

3. Express outrage to all Democratic Senators for the Party's total identification with support for amnesty

This is for all of you who have Democratic Senators, and especially for those of you who are Democrats.

Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) incredibly has tied Democrats to the belief that nearly all illegal aliens deserve to stay in the U.S. forever.

I can't think of a much more negative thing to say about a Party.

Most Democratic Senators continue to just become more and more radical.

I really believe that they believe that nobody will punish them for this.

Would all of you give these Senators a heavy dose today of what you think of their preference for illegal alien workers?

Two Democratic (Good) Exceptions:

Sen. Byrd (D-West Virginia)
    Sen. Ben Nelson (D-Nebraska)

When you call these two, tell them you are hearing that they are working for American workers and that you are counting on them to oppose all the giant bills with their amnesties, guestworker and massive green card increases. But also tell them that the Democrat leaders are dragging them down with them; let them know how outraged you are about the Democratic abandonment of America's vulnerable workers.

4. URGENT: Senators need to hear why YOU NEED lower overall immigration

Senate staffers tell us that although you are winning the battle of phone calls and faxes, the other side is sending groups of people into Senate offices in person.

The open borders lobby buses folks in every day to tell Senators that they NEED more foreign workers, that they NEED more immigrants of their ethnic group, that they NEED these immigrants to reinvigorate their churches.

What Senate staffers tell us is that Senate offices need a really heavy dose of our side calling up and talking selfishly. That is, when you call, tell them how immigration has made your life less pleasant or how it threatens you now. If traffic is driving you crazy, then talk about what the Senate bills would do to worsen traffic.

Right now, hold any calls to Sen. Vitter (R-LA), Sen. Sessions (R-AL) and Sen. Coburn (R-OK).

We are counting on these three to really help us in trying to do the right thing. Don't tie up their phone lines, please.

5. Our analysis delivers the numbers -- painful numbers

Here is what is at stake in the three main bills being discussed for next week.

Our analysis finds that the minimum number of permanent immigrants that would be allowed over the next 10 years under the three main proposals would be:

20 million under Sen. Frist's bill (S. 2454)
    25 million under the McCain/Kennedy bill (S. 1033)
    30 million under the Specter proposal (no bill number)

The McCain/Kennedy bill will certainly add even more than that because it allows at least 400,000 foreign "guest" workers each year. And after four years of work here, they would be allowed to get permanent green cards. But we decided not to make all the many guesses involved with that one when figuring out the overall 10-year effect. But it would be reasonable to estimate that the McCain/Kennedy numbers could go as high as 30 million.

If Congress becomes stalemated and passes no legislation, past recklessness by Congress will still result in another 10 million foreign workers and dependents permanently settling over the next decade.

H.R. 4437 which the House passed overwhelmingly on a bi-partisan vote in December would reduce that to 9.5 million over the next decade.

That is still far too high (we advocate cutting it to at most 3 million), but H.R. 4437 would also lead to a steady decrease in the overall illegal population.

But to any Senate office that claims that the House bill is far too restrictive, point out that even it would allow to stand laws that would force 9.5 million more permanent immigrants into our communities.

Majority Leader Frist (R-TN) had hoped to have his bill characterized as an "enforcement-only bill" in contrast to the Specter and McCain/Kennedy guestworker/amnesty bills.

But NumbersUSA first broke the news after reading the bill that Frist has included gigantic increases in permanent foreign workers and dependents -- far more than any reductions in illegal foreign workers that would be achieved from his enforcement measures.

6. What else to say to Senate offices

We have to spend the rest of the week of activism focusing on getting one point across to every Senate office:

All of the major immigration bills under consideration in the Senate will result in specific amounts of additional foreign workers and their descendants entering our communities. The actual number matters. No matter how much of a good thing your Senators believe immigration to be, it is always true that there can be too much of a good thing. Force your Senators' offices to focus on how many more immigrants their actions could bring in -- and how the communities in your state will cope with that.

With Democratic Senators, ask them if they know that Sen. Kennedy's bill would add 25 million more foreign workers and dependents the next 10 years.

With Republican Senators, I would focus on the effects of Frist's bill.

With both groups, tell them that 50 million immigrants and dependents already in this country ought to be enough.

Tell these Senators that you can't believe they would consider voting for any of these three bills after finding out how many people they would allow to be imported.

Especially all day Wednesday -- but for all week -- we want all Senate staffers to be constantly thinking about numbers like 20 million and 25 million.

We want people to start to think that the issue is about THE NUMBERS.

Point out that the House bill (H.R. 4437) allows 9.5 million permanent immigrants the next decade and that ought to be the maximum -- that there is no excuse for the Senate to double and triple that number.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've made all my phone calls this morning and had trouble getting through to Senator Burr's office, the line was constantly busy. I finally got the call through. When I called to leave my comment for the President, the lady was nice and I was short, but to the point. All my calls have been made for today Boy, I dread seeing my next phone bill, I have called almost everyday the last 2 weeks
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"