Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

NumbersUSA: Prez hopeful Huntsman D-minus on immigration

Prez hopeful Huntsman earns D-minus on immigration

Date: Wednesday 22JUN2011 Noon EDT

New GOP Presidential Hopeful HUNTSMAN Starts With D-Minus Platform On Immigration

When it comes to immigration policy, former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman falls basically in the run of the pack of disappointing and unhelpful Republicans showing interest in the GOP nomination for President.

Our NumbersUSA staff has run an exhaustive research of public statements and actions by Huntsman on immigration and summarized them on our Presidential Hopefuls Grid.

As with all hopefuls, Huntsman can improve his ratings and grade at any time with new and improved policy promises.

Click on the Ratings box above to see all the quotes and sources that led to the ratings.

Or go to http://www.numbersusa.com/content/actio ... tsman.html

As you can see, the governor has some areas of great promise and also some areas where he really needs to step back and re-think everything.

Those of you who otherwise feel supportive of Gov. Huntsman should try to contact his staff and let them know the ways he needs to improve on immigration.

These are the contacts we have for now:

http://jon2012.com/contact
    (407) 674-2727

Join a discussion about Gov. Huntsman at:

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/node/12291

Roy Beck, President NumbersUSA

NumbersUSA - relies upon individuals like you to reach its goal of an environmentally sustainable and economically just America.

Numbers USA
    1601 N. Kent Street
    Suite 1100
    Arlington, VA 22209

received by e-mail from NumbersUSA on Wed, Jun 22, 2011 5:49 pm
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Out of all the GOP candidates only one has a B- and I gotta tell ya that is not very good odds! Come on Michelle lead us out of hell!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Huntsman=McCain=RINO"S/
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Yeah,isn't it Utah that is giving illegals a place to stay and work and play?

In other words SANCTUARY!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Just received this in my email from Newsmax:

Huntsman's Family Has Donated $25,000 to Reid:

Here is link, I knew what Huntsman was, never considered voting for him, I consider him much like McCain giving Obama a sure thing the press and liberals seem to love him so beware.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Hunt ... ode=C7D1-1

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy
    Here is link, I knew what Huntsman was, never considered voting for him, I consider him much like McCain giving Obama a sure thing the press and liberals seem to love him so beware.

http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/Hunt ... ode=C7D1-1
    Thanks oldguy. Sorry, you must have read my previous post asking for link. I deleted it when I reread yours and realized you had said it was from Newsmax. It scares me a bit that I didn't even notice that the first time! I could have looked it up on Newsmax website, but link is nice, sometimes it can take time to find a particular article.

I too am not surprised about Huntsman, and had no intention of supporting him. I did a little research about a month or so ago, when I first heard his name mentioned as a possible candidate. I already knew he is not good on issue of illegal immigration. I just wanted a source link, so I could pass the info along about his family supporting Scary Harry.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

No problem, I want folks to know about our candidates much as possible I believe the upcoming election to be the most important in my life time.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Jon Huntsman: McCain on Wheels

6/22/2011
    Michelle Malkin
    2217 Comments

Jon Huntsman wants you to know he rides a dirt bike. On real dirt! He's Salt of the Earth. Grease of the Garage. Dragster on the Dunes. Huntsman's runnin' and gunnin' for president. But underneath the Steve McQueen costumery, this made-for-cable-TV Moderate Speed Racer is a creaky old John McCain on Wheels.

The former Utah Republican governor and Obama ambassador to China is the answer to an election-year problem that doesn't exist. The quadrennial "problem," in the minds of Beltway GOP strategists and liberal media chin-pullers, is that the Republican Party isn't moderate, civil, self-critical or inclusive enough.

Huntsman is the latest no-labels flavor of the month, a straw man of the same people who have spent the past year smearing entitlement reformers as senior citizen-killers, budget hawks as Hitler's spawn, border-security activists as racists, and leading GOP women as sluts, nuts and bimbos.

Just like the failed 2008 GOP contender whose consultants are now fueling the Huntsman bid, McCain 2.0 is a big-spending accommodationist more in tune with the Democratic elite than with the conservative rank-and-file. In the shadow of the Statue of Liberty on Tuesday, Huntsman assailed the current economic crisis overseen by the Obama administration as "totally unacceptable" and "totally un-American." Yet, Huntsman retains nothing but "respect" for his former boss in the White House and laments the loss of "civility" wrought by "corrosive" political debates.

This is all you need to know about the manufacturing of the Huntsman candidacy: Swooning reporters far outnumbered supporters at the kickoff in Liberty Park and at a follow-up rally in New Hampshire. CNN's enamored anchor Wolf Blitzer gushed: "Here's what I especially liked about Jon Huntsman's presidential announcement in front of the Statue of Liberty. He called for some civility in the race for the White House. Unlike several of the other Republican candidates, he did not open with a blistering assault on President Obama."

Yeah. Who do all those uncivil Republicans running against Obama think they are -- opposing the opposition with oppositional rhetoric? Heaven forfend.

Former McCain mastermind John Weaver, now a key Huntsman strategist, said this week the campaign will be "mellow." More like "marshmallow." Instead of trashing enemies by name, they'll keep it vague and mushy. Huntsman has been buoyed by months of glowing coverage from left-leaning, dead-tree media, whose reporters have lapped up his trashing of the GOP as "devoid of ideas" and "a very narrow party of angry people." See? No names. No nasty. Embrace the civility!

While politely paying lip service to principles of tea party fiscal restraint, Huntsman hopes no one remembers how 2,000 Utah tea party activists booed him in April 2009 so corrosively it could have stripped the paint off a fleet of Harleys.

Utah conservatives raised their voices at the seminal tea party rally against Huntsman for championing $1.6 billion in Obama stimulus funds (Huntsman wanted even more money than that) -- and against GOP Sen. Orrin Hatch and then-GOP Sen. Bob Bennett for backing the Bush-Obama TARP bailout. The grassroots message: "Send them home!" A year later, voters ousted Bennett from the GOP primary after four profligate terms in office. And Hatch is in for the fight of his entrenched incumbent life.

While state governments across the country are rejecting or repealing onerous cap-and-trade environmental regulations, Huntsman is a climate-change Republican who backed radical emissions limits and green job fantasies. Just like McCain 1.0 did.

While state governments across the country follow Arizona's immigration enforcement model and Washington repeatedly rejects mass amnesty programs in the face of 9 percent unemployment, Huntsman supports the costly DREAM Act, an illegal alien bailout with a wider "path to citizenship." Just like McCain 1.0 did.

While state governments rein in middle-class entitlement spending and Washington turns to means-testing, Huntsman turned the SCHIP government-funded health plan for low-income children into a universal health insurance mandate. McCain 1.0 was for SCHIP before he was against it.

McCain's Straight Talk Express ran out of gas when his former media paramours inevitably turned against him -- and his gambit to out-big government the Democrats blew up in his two faces. So it will be with McHuntsman and his campaign wheels to nowhere.

http://townhall.com/columnists/michelle ... _on_wheels
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

quote(Former McCain mastermind John Weaver, now a key Huntsman strategist, said this week the campaign will be "mellow." More like "marshmallow." Instead of trashing enemies by name, they'll keep it vague and mushy. )quote

Yeah that worked real well for McCain,Huntsman makes the hair on the back of my neck rise much like when I see a far left winger.