Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NUMERSUSA URGENT ACTION NEEDED TOMORROW MORNING

DEAR FRIENDS,

Our Team on Capitol Hill has just learned that major immigration amendments are expected to come up for votes on the House floor tomorrow (Wednesday).

Your U.S. Representatives desperately needs many calls from you Wednesday (Tomorrow) morning to make sure these votes go the right way!

This is the first time in years that Representatives will be forced to take several open stands on these issues.

I am coming to you now just to WARN YOU that we need all of you to be ready to act tomorrow morning!!!!

ACTION -- We need you to check your inbox first thing Wednesday morning and look for my next Alert to you.

It will have the link to a Phone Action Note on your customized NumbersUSA Action Board. There you will find the phone number for your Representative and talking points, as well as background information.

If you have never called Congress, please make this your first time. It is easy. You just talk to a House staffer and calmly state your request. You don't have to argue or debate. Quick in, quick out.

A CHANCE FOR A MORATORIUM ON THE VISA LOTTERY . . .
    . . . AND ON THE FEDS SUING ARIZONA!

We're told the Rules Committee has approved these amendments to come up for a vote in consideration of the Continuing Resolution to keep the government funded the next several months:

Amendment No. 225 by Rep. Goodlatte (R-Va.) would ban the State Department from using funds to carry out the Visa Lottery.

This would effectively put a moratorium on the lottery for the next year. Unemployed Americans would no longer be insulted by their federal government raffling off 50,000 permanent work permits to citizens of other countries.

Amendment No. 199 by Rep. Poe (R-Texas) would ban the Justice Department from using funds to sue Arizona to stop it from enforcing immigration laws.

2 BAD AMENDMENTS TO CURTAIL ENFORCEMENT AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

The new more open process of allowing a lot of amendments from all parties presents us with a couple of amendments that could really hurt immigration enforcement.

Amendment No. 277 by Rep. Price (D-N.C.) would ban funding for REAL ID. This would slow down the move nationwide for secure drivers licenses that are kept out of the hands of illegal aliens.

Price has used his seniority for years to slow down and stop deportations of illegal aliens and to make life easier for illegal aliens. This amendment would make it easier for illegal aliens to get state drivers licenses and to use them to remain in the U.S. illegally.

Amendment No. 188 by Rep. Polis (D-Colo.) would cap the number of beds for illegal aliens in detention. This would limit the number of arrests, detentions and deportations of illegal aliens.

Of the 4, I consider No. 225 on the lottery to be far and away the most important. It would be a chance for the first time to reduce the importation of foreign workers during this Jobs Depression in the U.S.

We'll give you instructions on how to register opinion and constituent pressure any -- or all four -- of these amendments.

CHECK BACK ON YOUR ACTION BOARD OR MY NEW EMAIL ALERT FIRST THING TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) MORNING!!

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... esday.html

This is good news!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Its a great bill but very little hope in the senate and Obama wouldn't sign it for sure. I really hope it makes it but I'm not getting my hopes up but hopefully in 2013 we can revisit it if it fails as a quick fix.