Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Oregon In-state tuition bill gets a hearing next Monday

I have a great idea, let's reward the children of illegal aliens who don't pay taxes with reduced tuition, while we stick it to taxpayers. Please support your fellow countrymen who are under assault in Oregon.

April 8, 2009

Oregonians For Immigration Reform members and supporters:

House Bill 2939, the bill that would give in-state tuition to illegal aliens, is scheduled for a hearing Monday at 1:00 in Hearing Room E in the State Capitol building in Salem. The House Education Committee will hear the bill.

The difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition is about $13,000 dollars a year.

At a time in which higher education is facing severe cuts in programs and tuition and fees are being raised for American students, HB 2939 is counter intuitive. If HB 2939 passes American college students and their parents are going to have to pay higher tuition rates to make up for the difference.

There are over 60 bills in the Oregon House that would raise existing taxes or create new taxes and fees. You are likely to see higher gas taxes, vehicle registration fees, new taxes on beer, cigarettes, airplane fuel, fire insurance, hospital and physician services and even birdseed. Yet there is a bill (HB 2939) that would give illegal alien college students a $13,000 reduction in tuition.

We urge you to call and/or e-mail your state representative as well as members of the House Education Committee.

To find the phone number of your state representative call: (800) 332-2313 or

(503) 986-1187.

To call members of the House Education Committee:

Sara Gelser, Chair (503) 986-1416

Michael Dembrow, Vice Chair (503) 986-1445

Sherrie Sprenger, Vice Chair (503) 986-1417

Chris Harker (503) 986-1434

John Huffman (503) 986-1459

Betty Komp (503) 986-1422

Ron Maurer (503) 986-1403

Arnie Roblan (503) 986-1409

Kim Thatcher (503) 986-1425

Suzanne Van Orman (503) 986-1452

Dave Hunt Speaker of the Oregon House (503) 986-1200

HB 2939 is a violation of federal law and an affront to Americans who believe in the concept of the rule of law. Illegal aliens should not get in-state tuition rates.
    Check your credit report regularly, an illegal may be using your Social Security number.

AE

Thanks jecg, I just got this message from OFIR in my email box.

My daughter (who is 26) is in college right now, and a single mother. She does get financial aid, and it covers her as she is at Mt. Hood, but when she decided to go further, this could mean, should it pass, that her space could be taken by someone who does not even have a right to be here.

You can bet I will be calling. However, we have Kim Thatcher on that board and she has backed other bills to take benefits from illegal aliens. I have hope.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€