Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Protest Rumble At The Ranch Sat. May 6th 1pm

May 6, Sat, 1pm, football stadium parking lot (adjacent to the
    Community Center) Crawford TX
    ----- RUMBLE AT THE RANCH! Protest President's non-enforcement of our immigration laws!
    -----Protest arranged by Latino Americans for Immigration Reform (LAIR), Texas Minutemen, and The Lynn Woolley Show ---- Details Links
    ----- http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-22367.html
    ----- www.areckoning.com
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Directions to Rumble at the Ranch

From IH35 heading South (Dallas-Fort Worth, OK, AR and other points North)
    In Waco, take Hwy 6 West/North. Turn left at Cedar Rock Parkway (185). Stay on Cedar Rock Parkway until you see the Crawford City Limits sign then turn right on Jewell Patton Drive (it is not marked but there will be a sign on the left hand side of Cedar Rock Parkway indicating a right turn for the Community Center.) Once you cross the bridge, the rally will be on your right.

From IH35 heading North (Austin, San Antonio, Houston)
    In Temple take exit 299 (Loop 363). Turn left at the light and go approximately 2 miles to the intersection of Loop 363 and Hwy 36. Turn left onto Hwy 36 and go approximately 4 miles to Hwy 317. Turn right to get on Hwy 317 North. Once you reach Crawford, take the first right after the flashing light (4th Street). Go approximately ½ mile down 4th Street and the rally will be on the left next to the football field.

Parking
    Parking will be available adjacent to the rally site. Additional parking will be available at the corner of 4th Street and Ave L however this will require walking approximately ½ mile.

Last Official Press Release and Weather Report

Weather forecast for Saturday - Friday's thunderstorms and humidity will be a memory. Sunny and mild as a front moves in from the North. Temperatures in the mid to upper 70's. Windy.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    May 2, 2006
    254-778-8800/254-913-0615
    la@capitalmediagrp.com

Rumble at the Ranch Urges “Pathway to Enforcement Credibility”

TEMPLE, Texas – On Saturday, May 6, law abiding, taxpaying citizens and other legal residents will gather in Crawford, Texas for “Rumble at the Ranch,” a peaceful rally celebrating our country’s right to assembly while highlighting the Bush administration’s non-enforcement of immigration laws. The event, scheduled for 1 p.m. in the football stadium parking lot (adjacent to the Community Center) of President Bush’s adopted hometown of Crawford, Texas, is sponsored by Latino Americans for Immigration Reform (LAIR) and the Texas Minutemen and locally hosted by The Lynn Woolley Show (www.BeLogical.com).

Rumble at the Ranch will be a rally for Americans who support the rule of law and orderly immigration policies. Despite the Bush administration’s recent public attempts to appear serious regarding immigration law enforcement, many Americans remain skeptical. “The politicians regularly discuss the need to provide illegal aliens a ‘pathway to citizenship,’” Lynn Woolley, talk show host and Rumble at the Ranch emcee, said. “We want politicians to understand that until they embark upon a ‘pathway to enforcement credibility,’ a guest worker program, or amnesty as it is viewed by many, isn’t considered a reasonable course of action. This message is the primary focus of Rumble at the Ranch.”

Organizations and speakers from across the country will participate in Rumble at the Ranch. Minuteman Project founder Jim Gilchrist, American Patrol’s Glenn Spencer, Barbara Coe from California Coalition for Immigration Reform and radio talk show host Terry Anderson will address the crowd. Other speakers include LAIR President Lupe Moreno, Vice President Angie Morfin as well as Texas Minutemen President Shannon McGauley and event organizer Frank Jorge. Organizations such as Young Conservatives of Texas (YCT), Immigration Reform Coalition of Texas and U.S. Border Watch will be on hand with information regarding the impact of illegal immigration. The Baylor YCT chapter will also handle concessions. A complete speaker roster as well as a list of organizations supporting this event is posted at www.areckoning.com.

Another component of this event is a Homefrontal Assault campaign in which citizens can express their support of immigration enforcement by sending the president a postcard. As patriotic Americans are flooding their congressional officials with letters, faxes and e-mails, Rumble at the Ranch organizers are also working to keep a flow of cards and letters en route to President Bush. Organizers cite the Homefrontal Assault campaign as a great opportunity for those who cannot travel to Crawford on May 6, but would still like to participate in the effort. Postcards should be sent to Homefrontal Assault/P.O. Box 266/Crawford, TX 76638-0266.

Additional information and event updates are available at www.areckoning.com.

I'll post pics tomorrow and as they come in to me from our official photographer but here's the report. Friday night we had severe thunderstorms throughout the area. Worst hit was the section of Waco where several of our speakers were staying. Crawford was also hit pretty hard and our big tent was brought down. The tent company came out and put it back up first thing Saturday morning. (Shameless plug here for Special Event Rentals in Waco - These people were absolutely super.) Saturday started out cloudy, then cleared up about 9:00 a.m. We all worked feverishly to get the stage, signage, media sign in tent and speakers tents up. People were arriving even before I got there and they all pitched in to help. Big kudos to the Harringtons, these guys couldn't stay for the rally but they came out to help set up any way. Thanks Kenneth & Steve, you guys were just fantastic. As more people started coming in, we had to begin directing traffic. Mark Wallace, Robert Gavin and Arthur Loux worked their tails off directing people. Around 11:30 it started clouding up again. I went to direct traffic so Mark could enjoy the festivities. At noon the sky opened up and the full fledged down pour began. Robert, Arthur and I stood in the pouring rain for an hour and a half directing traffic because the cars were too numerous for us to stop and go get rain gear. (A word about Arthur Loux if I may digress for a moment. Arthur stayed out there in the pouring rain until I finally told him to stop. He was one of our speakers. THAT'S dedication. And for all of you Texans reading this, he's running against Kay Bailey Hutchison for US Senate so get your tails out there and support him. He's a good man.) About 1:00 the Minuteman Caravan arrived. What a sight. Vehicles as far down the street as I could see.
    I didn't get to hear the first few speakers but from the cheers they must have been good. (I think one guy somehow ended up on the list that shouldn't have been but other than that the speakers were great.) Around 1:30 the rain stopped and then the blazing sun came out. Vehicle traffic started to slow shortly after that so I had an opportunity to go listen to the speakers and do some head counting. Our estimates are that there were approximately 500 - 700 people at the height of the event. The tent held roughly 250 - 350 and there were as many people outside as there were inside.
    The Young Conservatives of Texas set up a table to sell drinks and get the word out about their organization. The head of YCT, Michele Conole, was one of our speakers and she was a little fireball. The Constitution Party of Texas had brought out the only remaining Liberty Bell replica that still works. (There's a long story about the history of these bells that I won't go into here. Let it suffice to say that it's not just some cheap knock off of the Liberty Bell) Every now and then someone would walk up and ring it.
    Jim Gilchrist was our last speaker. After he spoke, he walked over to the bell and rang it and the crowd formed a line behind him and rang it as well. While this was going on a gentleman travelling with the Minuteman Caravan got up and sang the national anthem. It was an experience to be singing the National Anthem and hearing that bell ringing at the same time. It just sent shivers down my spine. (Yea I know I sound like a dork but you had to be there.) Several people, whose names I didn't get, pitched in to help pick up trash and fold up the chairs. Thanks to all of you. These folks were great. Two other people that were instrumental in our success yesterday are Beverly and Curtis Collier of US Border Watch in Houston. Beverly and Curtis arrived Friday afternoon as the stage and chair rental company were leaving the chairs and the stage in the wrong place. They were also the first ones on site Saturday morning and probably the last ones to leave. They worked tirelessly and I can't thank them enough.
    We didn't get the media turn out that we had hoped for. Media that I know for certain were there - CBN, Aljazeera , and the Houston Chronicle. I think NBC and the Waco Tribune were there as well but I'm not positive.
    Things I learned from my first stab at organizing a rally:
    For every 100 people you expect - at least 1 port o john and bring extra toilet paper.
    People are eager to help, just tell them what you need done.
    Call the company that rents you chairs, tables, stages, podiums or whatever everyday, at least once a day for a week before your event. Make them write down everything...in triplicate.
    ALWAYS carry your rain gear with you. You just never know.
    Just because the police chief is supportive, that doesn't mean his officers are.
    If you are the point of contact, don't expect to get anything done because you will be on the phone all day.

Other than those minor items, it was a great rally. Many people came up and told me it was the best one they had been to and I was happy to oblige. There's talk of doing another one in the late summer or early fall. I can't wait!

Oh I almost forgot. ZERO GOONAGE. Not one masked marauder, reconquista Che wanna-be or drum-playing chicken dancer. Not even a drive-by one finger salute. Sweet.