Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

Support Sheriff Arpaio

Support Sheriff Arpaio
    NEWSLETTER

Support Sheriff Arpaio

In modern day America we have few heroes in public office. With respect to the issue of immigration, elected officials all too often don’t represent their constituents. They cater to cheap labor interests and political agendas, and take no stand against illegal immigration. The rule of law they’re supposed to uphold simply goes by the wayside.

But there are some heroes in office. One is Sheriff Joe Arpaio of Maricopa County, Arizona. His community has a big problem with crime, one significantly caused by illegal immigration. According to a recent article in Human Events, more than 33 percent of jail inmates in the county are illegal aliens, and illegals commit 53 percent of violent crimes. In the face of this situation, Sheriff Arpaio decided to do his duty.

Acting under the 287 (g) federal law and state statutes, he has made every effort possible to apprehend illegal aliens, identify them among jail inmates, and arrange to have them deported. His good work has not gone unnoticed by the open borders lobbies, and they have attacked him vehemently and plotted to stop him.

Unfortunately, they have had some success. At their behest, the Department of Homeland Security has curtailed Arpaio’s powers under 287 (g), the federal law that allows states and localities to assist federal law enforcement. The open border interests have made no secret their desire to destroy 287 (g), which has shown its worth in many jurisdictions. To that end they hope to discredit Sheriff Arpaio’s extensive use of the law, and end his authority to use it.

Arpaio, however, refuses to be intimidated. He vowed that with or without 287 (g) he will continue pursuing illegal aliens under state law. Said the sheriff, “Let them all go brag that they took away the sheriff’s authority. Let them all do that. That doesn’t bother me. I don’t have an ego. I will continue doing the same thing.â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wish there were a million more men like Joe! And if anyone here wants to send a word of encouragement you can go here:
    http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetM...ct_Us&p=pubcom

this ia a public comment link.