Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Tell Major League Baseball to Ignore Boycott Calls!

Tell Major League Baseball to Ignore Boycott Calls!

Please CALL Major League Baseball and Tell Them You Hope They Will Keep the All-Star Game in Phoenix!

Dear NumbersUSA Activist,

As you are aware, several pro-amnesty cities and organizations are supporting boycotts of Arizona due to the state's passage of SB 1070 -- the state's immigration enforcement legislation. These states and locales include California, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Oakland, Washington, D.C., New York City, and St. Paul, Minnesota. The newest target for the boycott advocates is Major League Baseball (MLB).

Next year, MLB is planning on holding its annual All-Star Game in Phoenix and pro-illegal alien activists are urging them to move the game. This movement was started by Rep. Jose Serrano (D-NY), who, in a letter to MLB Commissioner Bud Selig, said, "This anti-immigrant law is unjust, wrongheaded, mean-spirited and unconstitutional.... It is important that everyone who believes in justice and our national spirit of decency speak out against this measure.... MLB has a very loud megaphone, and their rejection of Arizona's action would be an important demonstration to Arizona that we do not tolerate such displays of intolerance in our nation." Clearly, Rep. Serrano is not familiar with the law and is simply trying to help illegal aliens.

Sadly, the calls for a boycott do not end there. Michael Weiner, the executive director of the Major League Baseball Players Association, has made it clear that his organization opposes Arizona's bill because of the "international players" who live in Arizona and travel through Arizona. He neglected to mention that MLB's international players are not affected by the law because they are here legally.

What you can do:

1) Please call Major League Baseball at (212) 931-7800 and urge them to ignore the calls for a boycott. Talking Points are below.

2) Please call the Major League Baseball Players Association at (212) 826-0808 and ask them to ignore calls to join the boycott. Be sure to remind them that MLB's international players are not affected by Arizona's law because they are in this country legally. Additional talking points are below.

3) Please call your favorite and/or local MLB teams and urge them to oppose the calls for a boycott. You may click here to see a list of all teams and their phone numbers. http://www.numbersusa.com/hub?action=ro ... 4574&lid=9 Additional talking points are below.

Suggested talking points:

Most media reports suggest that almost everyone involved in Major League Baseball believe the Arizona law is racist. This is far from the truth. Indeed, former Puerto Rican MLB great and current Cleveland coach Sandy Alomar has said, "Certainly I am against profiling any race and having stereotypes, but at the same time my feeling is what does baseball have to do with politics? Let the politicians stay in politics and the baseball players play baseball." I agree with his question: what does baseball have to do with politics? The answer is nothing!

Arizona's immigration enforcement law is not racist because it does not target a specific race; it only targets those who have already broken the law by coming to and residing in the United States illegally. This is clearly not something Major League Baseball needs to get involved in.

Arizona's new immigration enforcement law is not racist and will help put unemployed Americans back to work -- principally Black and Hispanic Americans because these Americans have the highest unemployment rates and compete against illegal aliens for jobs.

Please do not believe the lies being spread about Arizona's immigration enforcement law. Anti-American worker, pro-illegal alien activists are using race-baiting scare tactics to bully people into avoiding Arizona. Please do not join that list and do not support moving the 2011 All-Star game from Phoenix

More than two-thirds of the American people support the Arizona immigration enforcement law and most of these Americans are fans of Major League Baseball. If the 2011 All-Star game is moved away from Phoenix, it would set a dangerous precedent. Sport is supposed to rise above petty partisan politics. Please don't give in to the small group of vocal, lying pro-illegal alien, anti-American worker activists!

If Major League Baseball decides to boycott Arizona, I and millions more Americans will boycott Major League Baseball. We want nothing to do with an organization that would work to subvert the rule of law and and the wishes of the American people.

What to do after calling:

Please use this email submission form to let us know which organization(s) and team(s) you called and what they said. It's very important for us to receive feedback so we know how to proceed in the coming days, weeks, and months. http://www.numbersusa.com/hub?action=ro ... 4574&lid=9

Thank you for making these calls and please continue to support and fight for the rule of law and America's less fortunate!

Sincerely,

The ENTIRE NumbersUSA Team

received by e-mail from
    Action Alert - NumbersUSA.com immigrationinfo@numbersusa.com
    Mon, May 3, 2010 12:44 am

Numbers USA
    1601 N. Kent Street
    Suite 1100
    Arlington, VA 22209
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been trying to figure out how to e-mail the baseball comissioner

Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    good luck with that. ive tried calling the MLB office and they wont give out his email.
    you can try things like Commish or commissioner @mlb.com
    ive done both of those before and the email has never bounced back

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrit68
    good luck with that. ive tried calling the MLB office and they wont give out his email.
    you can try things like Commish or commissioner @mlb.com
    ive done both of those before and the email has never bounced back
    I spent 3 hours doing online searches today

If Major League Baseball decides to boycott Arizona, I and millions more Americans will boycott Major League Baseball. We want nothing to do with an organization that would work to subvert the rule of law and and the wishes of the American people.
    I've already decided that if MLB moves its All-Star Game out of Arizona, I'll boycott baseball until every illegal alien is out of the United States. Either baseball is our American Past-Time or it's a globalist political tool. I'll not support a globalist political tool using our American Past-Time to interfere in our political system. Period.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thank you for posting this information; I made all of these calls.

MLB office was very courteous and has set up special operators to take these calls. The person I spoke with thanked me for calling.

MLB Player's Association has set up Voice Mails to take these calls, I presume because they're receiving a lot of them.

The Texas Ranger's operator told me the organization was "neutral" on the issue.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)