Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Victory In The Senate Today!!

An email from FAIR:

The American Public has Beat the Special Interest Lobbies by Reaching Out to Their Senators!

But, the Fight for Immigration Enforcement Isn't Over

Today, the Senate yet again failed to gather enough votes to pass the latest amnesty proposal brought to the Senate floor. On Wednesday, the Senate took a vote to end debate on the Specter/Kennedy amnesty bill approved by the Senate Judiciary Committee. That bill proposed giving amnesty to the 12 million illegal aliens present in the United States while at the same time opening the door for a million more guest workers to come to the country. FAIR members over the past two weeks voiced their opposition to the Specter/Kennedy bill, and the bill was set aside after a procedural vote to end debate failed. With the Senate scheduled to recess at the end of this week, amnesty-supporters in the Senate had to scramble to find another alternative.

Senators spent much of this week meeting behind closed doors to reach a "compromise." In the rush to reach agreement and return home for the recess, Senators Hagel and Martinez magically appeared with a "compromise" that they believed would garner the support needed to pass the chamber. Unsurprisingly, once the "compromise" was reviewed, it was apparent the bill was virtually the same as the Specter/Kennedy amnesty bill. The only notable differences were the creation of a bifurcated amnesty path and the tremendous increase in employment-based visas.

FAIR reached out to its members yesterday to phone the Senate. And you responded by calling your Senators to tell them the American people cannot be fooled. Your calls produced a major victory! The cloture vote on the Hagel/Martinez "compromise" was defeated 38-60! Amnesty does not have enough support in the Senate to pass!

Not to be forgotten, the cloture vote on Senator Frist's bill also was defeated, 36-62. As you know, the Frist bill had border security provisions, but also included a doubling of legal immigration per year. We asked you to call in to voice your opposition to this bill-true enforcement first! Yet again, the tireless members of FAIR and others who support true immigration reform made your voices heard! Congratulations to all of you! We thank you for your dedication and support.

We have won this battle, friends, but the war is not over. Chairman Specter has said that when they return from recess, he intends to take up the issue of immigration again. Because Congress is in recess over the next two weeks (April 10-21) please call or stop by your Senators' district offices. See the list of offices at http://www.nomoreamnesty.com/offices.html This will reinforce where the American public stands. Now is not the time to rest! Demonstrations and rallies by the open borders lobby are planned for April 10. Don't let these demonstrations drown out your opinion. Let your Senators know your priorities are border security and enforcement first!

Congratulations!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

I called Senator Brownback's office this afternoon and showed my extreme joy that he voted no to this "compromise" I also asked his staff to tell him to start focusing on Enfocement first, then work with who is here.

It's my understanding, from comments made on Bill O'Reilly's show today, that the Democrats stopped it because they did not want to have to vote against two amendments. They had the votes to override the amendments, but they did not want to go on record as voting AGAINST them.

The amendmends were: No GW program be started until Homeland Security had certified the Border was secure and no felon could qualify for citizenship.

Also Senator Kolbe was on there and made some inane and stupid statements such as, Illegals actually cost the system $80,000 LESS than citizens over their lifetime, since they come here as ADULTS and we don't bear the cost of education.

My mouth dropped open. That's insane. He failed to mention all their kids and health care, crime, etc. That man is a SHAME to Arizona. I never heard so much "heart bleeding" from him and Judge Napolitano. The Judge actually snickered at some of the irate callers and told one man he needed to take a cold shower. Every caller, except one, was TOTALLY against it and he had some reservations. They kept spewing the same old garbage of "good hard-working people" doing jobs Americans won't do.

I don't know how much more I can take without blowing, especially when I sit here, in my apartment, and watch the contractors drop off all these illegals and they start cramming themselves into a one bedroom apt. raising hell over the weekend.

Lord help us all!!

we have a uniform rule of naturalization -- legal immigration. We don't need immigration reform, we need immigration enforcement and border security.
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Don't know if my phone calls helped. I was so spitting mad!!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Quote Originally Posted by DcSA
    Don't know if my phone calls helped. I was so spitting mad!!
    I know how you feel, I've been so mad lately I could SPIT!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Thank god Kolbe is done after this year because he claimed he's not seeking reelection. Hopefully he's replaced by Randy Graf.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn