Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where our TAX $$$ are going

NEWS & VIEWS>>>!!!

It appears that we have too much money in our coffers.
    So, we just need to give some away.

http://www.cfif.org/htdocs/legislative_ ... illion.htm

You need to read this and see where our TAX $$$ are going.
    This is no longer a "WE THE PEOPLE COUNTRY" for our government has grown so big that they don't need to ask for our permission.

I say it is time to start voting those that support this type of nonsense out.
    AMERICA NEEDS TO WAKE UP!

Article provided by North Coast Republican Club **no link is available**
    Work together for the benefit of all mankind

You are so right bearpaw. This is just apaulling. If we cannot afford to build a fence across the entire 2,200 mile border, where does our government think we can come up with this kind of money?
    $126 billion over the next 10 years? Unbelievable!

Let's see. I put together some quick numbers. Remember these are just down and dirty.
    Just for reference, I used www.cheaptickets.com, a departing flight on 9/29/06 and returning 9/30/06 (i had to choose the return flight date just to get a dollar figure on the tickets. No way in hell is this a round trip for them!) Also, the departing airport was Atlanta, and final destination was Mexico city.

Anyway, using those numbers, i came up w/ a non-stop ticket fare (including taxes) at $515 a person. (adult figure)
    Multiply this by 20 million, gives us a figure of $10,300,000,000
    Throw in another $10 million to have their last cerveza for the way home brings the total to $10,310,000,000.
    Add in another $22,000,000,000 to build the fence across the entire southern border, gives us a total of $33,310,000,000...
    Last but not least, let's add in an additional $10,000,000,000 just to round them up and get them to Atlanta. (rough figure off the top of my head. We gotta make sure we get them all!)
    This brings the grand total to $44,310,000,000.
    Now divide this out over the next 5 years, only comes to $8.9 billion per year. Now consider, we spend over $1 billion a month to be in Iraq.
    So let's see, approx $45 billion compared to over $126 billion.

I vote we go for the $45 billion. Its a better bargain, and for once, I think we could feel like our tax dollars were well spent!!!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

sippy,

I agree. What I find even more appalling are friends and family members who turn a blind eye to what these numbers respresent. Why is it the we at Alipac get it and they don't?

Quote Originally Posted by bearpaw
    sippy,

I agree. What I find even more appalling are friends and family members who turn a blind eye to what these numbers respresent. Why is it the we at Alipac get it and they don't?
    Bearpaw, I wish I knew. It surprises me to see the lack of interest on some Americans when I bring this subject up. I'm bound and determined to wake up as many people as I can!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

I'm with you sippy. I talk and email as much as I can. I so much as asked a friend of mine why he was so blind to what is happening. However I'm afraid the situation is going to have to get much worse before sleeping Americans get a clue and wake up. When the racism and hatered affects them directly only then will they get a clue. It not a matter of if, but when. Not too long ago one of the SDMM members recieved a bomb threat. That's how the serious the situation is escalating.