Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who I am voting for in 2008

Who I am voting for in 2008
    Ryan Driscoll, Ensuring Greatness
    September 11, 2008 at 8:19 pm

I have finally decided who I am voting for in 2008. Some of you probably have assumed I would vote for McCain. I have even argued a couple of my friends as to why McCain would be a better President than Obama. I still believe he will, but I don’t believe he will take this country in the right direction. Will he lead us closer to a conservative country than Obama? Probably, but I am not willing to take that chance - again. I urge you to read to the end to find out who I am voting for (or scroll to the bottom if you can’t stand details or the suspense).

Over the last couple of weeks the media has been in frenzy over John McCain’s VP selection, Sarah Palin. This frenzy has been great PR for the McCain campaign, but more importantly the conservative base of his party is showing signs of finally being excited about this race. This is great news for the McCain campaign, but what seems to be forgotten in all this hype is that Sarah Palin will not be the candidate being sworn in January ’09.

Before you read why I am not voting for McCain I want you to know I gave this decision a great deal of thought and believe that it is a decision based in principal. We were forced to vote for the lesser of two-evils (Bush/Gore) in 2000. A repeat happened in 2004 (Bush/Kerry), and now we are placed in the same position in 2008. When does it stop? It won’t stop until we the people stop voting for the same mediocre politicians the RNC and DNC give us year after year. For the record I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004. I stand by those votes.

The decision is based on three reasons.

Two Parties, same destination…
    As much as it pains me to make that statement it is true. Proof of this is how the current administration is responding, and has responded to the credit and financial crisis – most recently the Freddie and Fannie takeover.

The takeover of Freddie and Fannie will add a minimum $5.4 billion to the Federal Budget – this amount is equal to the entire publicly traded debt of the U.S. government. This huge amount is on top of the $300 billion the President and Congress provided to homeowners who defaulted on their loans (Click here for that story).

If this wasn’t enough billions we read yesterday, September 10, 2008, the Big 3 Automakers (GM, Ford and Chrysler) are lobbying for a low-interest (4.25%) loan for $25 billion.

The only remaining question is the next bail out going to be the Big 3 or Lehman Brothers? Lehman Brothers is expected to post a $3.9 billion loss, and spin off $30 billion to a separate company.

What would the response be for an Obama administration? Does anyone actually believe he would allow the market to correct the situation? I don’t think so. What about McCain?

Another example of two parties leading us in the same direction is how the Republican Congress increased the size of the federal budget, and deficit, during their majority in Congress. Many will say they didn’t increase it much more than in previous years, but keeping the status quo is nothing to brag about. When you get a chance check out some of the data here (I know its Wikipedia but most of the links are from government websites so it is reliable).

What about the programs that Bush administration is most proud of – No Child Left Behind, Prescription Drug Program, and the failed immigration reform? None of these programs are conservative ideas. All of them are based on the idea that government has the solution to our problems, or at least should take the charge in coming up with a solution. Government has a role, but conservatives must reaffirm that small government is the solution to our problems, and that most of these problems are the result of government action.

Obama and McCain will not sway from the very well defined policy path laid by the Bush-Clinton-Bush administrations.

Taxes
    If you haven’t notices up until this point economics is top on my list in this election. The next biggest subject is taxes. This, like the first problem, is an issue that affects everyone in the nation.

Where do the candidates stand on taxes? Obama wants to cut taxes on seniors less than $50,000 and let the Bush taxes cuts expire, but only on those making more than $250,000. Then, he is in favor of taxing private equity and hedge fund managers compensation known as “carried interest.â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is another small sign that Chuck Baldwin's campaign is picking up steam. He's all over the net and YouTube also. Just got a quickie spot on Lou Dobbs yesterday, hopefully other interviewers will follow so he gets more exposure. Him getting elected, might be the only way Ramos and Compeon get freed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    See Baldwins immigration record in my signature below!

He sounds GREAT to me!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is another small sign that Chuck Baldwin's campaign is picking up steam.
    Been getting e-mails from other anti- illegal sights that are going that way as well.

I agree with his article with one exception. My top issue is illegal immigration. Economy, jobs, education, taxes are ALL negatively impacted by illegal immigration. We MUST keep this this in the spotlight and push for more enforcement.

NO increases in visas until all illegal aliens and their families are expelled! No amnesty, no forgiveness, no path to anywhere but back to where they came from, no special legislation for illegals, no pandering. EVERYONE wanting to come to the US must be handled equally, no special circumstances for illegal aliens - ship em out NOW!
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    I agree with his article with one exception. My top issue is illegal immigration. Economy, jobs, education, taxes are ALL negatively impacted by illegal immigration. We MUST keep this this in the spotlight and push for more enforcement.

NO increases in visas until all illegal aliens and their families are expelled! No amnesty, no forgiveness, no path to anywhere but back to where they came from, no special legislation for illegals, no pandering. EVERYONE wanting to come to the US must be handled equally, no special circumstances for illegal aliens - ship em out NOW!
    What you said is also what Dr. Baldwin says.

Unfortunately Chuck Baldwin is not on the Ballet in NY so I will be doing a write in vote.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy