Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

{Sob}Family of roofer facing immigration charges booted from

Family of roofer facing immigration charges booted from house

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Photo by Mike Springer/Daily News staff
    The house at 21 Jefferson St. in Milford, owned by Daniel Tacuri who has been charged with numerous counts of hiring and harboring illegal immigrants, could be confiscated if he is found guilty.
    By Danielle Ameden/Daily News staff
    GHS
    Tue Jan 29, 2008, 10:21 PM EST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story Tools: Email This | Print This
    MILFORD -
    Health officials Monday ordered the family of an illegal immigrant facing federal charges temporarily out of their 21 Jefferson St. home after it was discovered they were living without heat, hot water and electricity.

"It was for their protection of their own health, especially where there were children involved - that would have been done in any case," said Public Health Director Paul Mazzuchelli. "Your basic essentials for healthy housing aren't there."

Roofer Daniel Tacuri, an immigrant from Ecuador, was arrested on a criminal warrant for harboring and employing illegal immigrants, during a predawn December raid of his home by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents.

He is being held without bail at a Rhode Island prison, and is scheduled to be arraigned today in Worcester's federal courthouse on the 39 charges from his recent indictment.

Advocates for the family say Tacuri's illegal immigrant wife Maria, the couple's 4-year-old son Jonathan, and four other residents of the Jefferson Street home are struggling to get by.

"They don't have any heat, they don't have any food," said Beatriz G. Almeida-Stein, Ecuadorean counsul in Boston, who has been working with Maria and the family. "She's in a very bad situation because she doesn't have the money. She doesn't have any income, nothing."

A grand jury charged Tacuri, 32, with 20 counts of harboring illegal immigrants, 18 counts of employing illegal immigrants and one count of making false statements.

The Fire Department called the Board of Health Monday after Maria Tacuri called to get help when frozen pipes burst in the family's basement.

Health Inspector Steven Garabedian and Assistant Health Inspector Loriann Braza-Pallaria, who translated for Spanish-speaking Maria, discovered the conditions and ordered the residents not to stay in the house until heat, hot water and electricity are restored.

"It was cold. How cold was it? Too cold to stay," Garabedian said.

Officials offered help to find a place for the family to stay until the problems are fixed, but they said they had somewhere to go, Garabedian said.

Maria Tacuri and the couple's son stayed with friends Monday night, but may not be able to stay there for long, Almeida-Stein said.

"Everybody in Milford is afraid, all the Ecuadoreans are very scared," Almeida-Stein said. "Nobody wants to help her, they don't want to get near to her with her husband in jail and all the problems."

Two of Daniel Tacuri's nephews - ages 13 and 16 - were living in the three-story Jefferson Street home, Almeida-Stein said. They are two of the 15 illegal immigrants, including Tacuri, who were arrested during the raid, she said.

"They just got back a couple days ago," Almeida-Stein said. "I tell (Maria), they should go to school, they should do something."

The teens could live with family in Brockton, she said.

Daniel's brother Antonio Tacuri, who is scheduled for a deportation hearing, has a Feb. 24 court hearing that he plans on making, Almeida-Stein said.

Daniel Tacuri, whom prosecutors say became an immigration fugitive after being caught entering the United States near Brownsville, Texas, in 1998, is also known as Daniel Tacuri Llivichuscha and Daniel Tacuri-Cila.

Almeida-Stein said an immigrant association she founded is meeting Saturday and "I'm going to propose to see if we can help," the family.

Danielle Ameden can be reached at 508-634-7521 or dameden@cnc.com.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/homepage/x167847929
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They don't have any heat, they don't have any food," said Beatriz G. Almeida-Stein, Ecuadorean counsul in Boston, who has been working with Maria and the family. "She's in a very bad situation because she doesn't have the money. She doesn't have any income, nothing."
    There are citizens in that same situation.....they take the children and put them in foster care and throw the parents in jail for neglect.

I feel for them but we have citizens suffering too. Until there's some compassion for them I'm tired of the sob stories while we are deemed "neglectful" and criminals.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This criminal has been putting American roofers out of work for years!

Where is the help for there families?

crazybird

"I feel for them but we have citizens suffering too. Until there's some compassion for them I'm tired of the sob stories while we are deemed "neglectful" and criminals."

I find myself becoming inured to the plight of those who are here illegally. I am sad to know of the deprived circumstances they sometimes encounter. Nonetheless, they should not have come here illegally. I have started saving my concern for the large number of our own citizens who have come on hard times. I was born in the early 30s and America was suffering then. The Dust Bowl, the loss of jobs, the Depression. I was sheltered in the sense that I was very young and , although my family was deprived, we did have some food and I do not recall being hungry. We had no money for clothes, etc.
    An informed and efficient government would manage the immigration process with an eye to, first, protect its citizens and only then to look at those who seek to come here.
    In closing, I sadly believe that many who come here do not care if they have a job, or money or heat, etc. They are all aware that America will aid them and that there are many Americans who will do so without regard to the harm they do to America.
    Loyalty and compassion are wonderful qualities. Blind loyalty and compassion are great dangers.

PS I am at the stage where I feel that those who knowingly hire illegal aliens should be removed from the country too. They put their personal greed and wealth before the well being of America.

First I would like to know what the family did with all the money this roofer must have made ? Yup I would guess they sent it back home.

I do however think it is unfair for him to be brought up on charges our Big Businesses are getting away with they ALL should be facing charges !! Not just the small business owners even if he is an IA.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Maria needs to go back to the country where she belongs and take the kiddies with her. Illegals have to learn their dream (our nightmare) has come to an end.

The Ecudcadorian consulate has the ability to pay for plane tickets for the family to return to Ecuador and should be doing that. The Consulate should be helping the famiy prepare for their trip back to ECUADOR as soon as possible. This woman is so irresponsible ...she should've listed that house for sale, and packed up and gone back to Ecuador.

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    The Ecudcadorian consulate has the ability to pay for plane tickets for the family to return to Ecuador and should be doing that. The Consulate should be helping the famiy prepare for their trip back to ECUADOR as soon as possible. This woman is so irresponsible ...she should've listed that house for sale, and packed up and gone back to Ecuador.
    You bet. According to Weather Underground it is 70-80 degrees in Ecuador today. Sending them all home will at least solve their heating bill problems. Between putting American roofers out of business and dropping anchor babies, I would say this couple had done enough damage to the US. Return to sender! Ecuador here we come!

Tacuri pleads not guilty to harboring, employing illegal immigrants

By Danielle Ameden/Daily News staff
    GHS
    Wed Jan 30, 2008, 10:52 PM EST

An illegal Ecuadorean immigrant pleaded not guilty through a Spanish interpreter yesterday to numerous counts of harboring and employing illegal immigrants.

Looking around as he entered the near-empty room in Worcester's federal courthouse, Daniel Tacuri had his handcuffs unshackled and sat quietly with his interpreter and lawyer, Matt Cameron of Boston's Ross & Associates.

"Not guilty," he answered through the interpreter when Magistrate Judge Timothy S. Hillman asked how Tacuri pleaded to 20 counts for harboring illegal aliens. "Not guilty," the interpreter repeated, to 18 counts of employing illegal aliens at his Milford roofing business.

Tacuri said, "I'm sorry, I didn't understand you," when Hillman asked how Tacuri pleaded to the one count of making false statements.

Hillman repeated the question and Tacuri pleaded "not guilty."

One of Tacuri's brothers sat in the back of the courtroom, looking at Daniel, 32, who wore a brown T-shirt under his beige prison jumpsuit.

The brief arraignment represented the first chance for Tacuri to officially hear the maximum penalties he could face if found guilty of the charges.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Christopher Bator told Tacuri he could face the following:

U A $250,000 fine, 10 years imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release and a $100 mandatory special court assessment for each of the 20 harboring charges

U A $3,000 fine, six months imprisonment followed by one year of supervised release and a $100 mandatory special court assessment for each of the 18 employing charges

U A $250,000 fine, five years imprisonment followed by three years of supervised release and a $100 mandatory special court assessment for the false statements charge

A judge has discretion over the penalties and whether sentences are served concurrently.

"This is something that is certainly not worth a life sentence," Cameron said after the hearing. "We obviously don't want that."

Tacuri was arrested on a criminal warrant during a predawn December raid of his home by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents.

Hillman scheduled a Feb. 15 hearing in Superior Court in Boston for the government's motion for forfeiture of Tacuri's half-million dollar home at 21 Jefferson St., four Chevy vans and a Ford F-150 pickup upon his conviction. Prosecutors allege the property is all related to the charges.

The motion asks for court permission for the attorney's office to file the property with the land registration office, notifying potential buyers of the pending forfeiture.

Hillman also scheduled a March 12 initial status conference for Tacuri's case.

"Mr. Tacuri, good luck to you, sir," Hillman said before Tacuri was cuffed and led out of the courtroom.

He is being held without bail at the Wyatt Detention Center in Central Falls, R.I.

While his brother was in the courtroom, other members of Tacuri's family waited in the courthouse lobby during the hearing, including two other men - one of them younger - his illegal immigrant wife, Maria, and the couple's 4-year-old son Jonathan.

The boy, who is a U.S. citizen, was bundled up and sucking on a blue Tootsie Roll lollipop while the others waited for Cameron.

Through an interpreter, the family declined to comment.

http://www.milforddailynews.com/homepage/x1668597814
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Health officials Monday ordered the family of an illegal immigrant facing federal charges temporarily out of their 21 Jefferson St. home after it was discovered they were living without heat, hot water and electricity.

"It was for their protection of their own health, especially where there were children involved - that would have been done in any case," said Public Health Director Paul Mazzuchelli. "Your basic essentials for healthy housing aren't there."

Roofer Daniel Tacuri, an immigrant from Ecuador, was arrested on a criminal warrant for harboring and employing illegal immigrants, during a predawn December raid of his home by Immigrations and Customs Enforcement agents.

He is being held without bail at a Rhode Island prison, and is scheduled to be arraigned today in Worcester's federal courthouse on the 39 charges from his recent indictment.

Advocates for the family say Tacuri's illegal immigrant wife Maria, the couple's 4-year-old son Jonathan, and four other residents of the Jefferson Street home are struggling to get by.

"They don't have any heat, they don't have any food," said Beatriz G. Almeida-Stein, Ecuadorean counsul in Boston, who has been working with Maria and the family. "She's in a very bad situation because she doesn't have the money. She doesn't have any income, nothing."
    Hillman scheduled a Feb. 15 hearing in Superior Court in Boston for the government's motion for forfeiture of Tacuri's half-million dollar home at 21 Jefferson St., four Chevy vans and a Ford F-150 pickup upon his conviction. Prosecutors allege the property is all related to the charges.

The motion asks for court permission for the attorney's office to file the property with the land registration office, notifying potential buyers of the pending forfeiture.

A half a million dollar home, 4 chevy vans and a Ford pick-up and no heat, water or electricity in the home. .....hmmmmmm Wonder where the cash is hidden.

"Evil unchecked grows. Evil tolerated poisons the whole system."
    Jawaharlal Nehru
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast