Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    I was the head of a student organization representing 2500 foreign students at a major Northeastern University hint hint in the early '80s and the college only reported those students who stopped studying. They were legally entitled to work on campus but a sizable minority were working elsewhere. More recently I have met individuals on student status who were working.
    According to the standards now you need to prove financial hardship for an international student. At that point the university and immigration assess the situation and either allow or deny the request. If you are apporved then you are only allowed to work on campus and have a limited number of hours you can work. This is monitored by the university and immigration can ask to see it from both the international student office and the employer. Any employement off campus is not allowed and many times those caught were due to fellow students reporting them. The university took it seriously and acted upon it. They stressed it all the time and encouraged people to rat on those who disobeyed that rule.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The university took it seriously and acted upon it. They stressed it all the time and encouraged people to rat on those who disobeyed that rule.

GOOD for them! I'm surprised..
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    The university took it seriously and acted upon it. They stressed it all the time and encouraged people to rat on those who disobeyed that rule.

GOOD for them! I'm surprised..
    I personally think that they may have been in trouble in the past with immigration and were being watched more closely. They are very strict.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12