Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

19 out of 20 DAILY readers answered yes arrest illegals

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdail ... poll.shtml

Online poll: DAILY readers want police to arrest illegals

By Steve Stewart
    DAILY Weekend Editor
    steve@decaturdaily.com · 340-2444

A lot of people seem to agree with Debbra Perce of Hartselle about whether to arrest illegal immigrants.

In an online poll, 19 out of 20 DAILY readers answered yes to the question "Should police arrest all of the illegal immigrants they encounter, whether or not they are accused of serious crimes?"

Perce was one of about two dozen readers who e-mailed comments.

"Let's see," she wrote. "I believe being here illegally is a crime (serious or not). So why would the police have to look for something else to arrest them?! Those who are here without going through the legal process are actually thieves because they're stealing citizenship rights."

The unscientific poll began Thursday, when THE DAILY ran an Associated Press story saying Huntsville police don't take illegal immigrants into custody after routine encounters. Huntsville Police Chief Rex Reynolds was quoted as saying that federal immigration authorities "will not respond to individual misdemeanor violations for custody and deportations."

Out of 999 readers responding to the poll by 5 p.m. Friday, 950 (95.1 percent) answered yes and 49 answered no. People could vote from anywhere. About three-fourths of the e-mails came from out of state.

"Why shouldn't they be arrested?" wrote Lyle Greenwood of Arab. "We have laws on our books, and they need to be enforced. If I do something wrong, I would be. I pay taxes."

Similarly, Nita Looney of Decatur wrote, "Of course they should be arrested! If I should happen to do something illegal, I would be arrested."

Jerry Puckett of Decatur wrote, "I don't understand the problem. If I, a native-born citizen, broke the law, I would be arrested and punished. When a person illegally enters the country, are they then automatically pardoned for any and all crimes they commit while they are here?"

Pam Welch of Decatur said illegal immigrants who don't commit a crime should not be arrested, but deported.

"If we go to another country, we have to go through the process of getting a visa and such," she wrote. "It is only right if someone wants to come into our country they should go through the same process."

But Joan W. Cox of Decatur quoted the inscription on the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. ... I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

She commented: "When I think of all the different circumstances under which our ancestors came to America, I wonder what has happened to 'Christian' forgiveness, acceptance and understanding. That 'Christians' in Huntsville would call for support of measures against undocumented immigrants is horrifying to me.

"How many of your own forebears came here because they were criminals, or persecuted, or hungry? ... How do we forget, become so selfish, when we have so much and others so little? Can we no longer share?"

Joseph A. Crawford of Prospect, Tenn., acknowledged that "this is a country of immigrants, but the ones who came here years ago made sure they were legal so they didn't have to go back."

Bill Strong of Freetown, Ind., wrote, "We are a nation of laws, and laws need to be enforced or anarchy will take over."

Karen Harper of Huntington, Ore., wrote that illegal immigrants break the law when they enter the U.S. or stay longer than their visas permit, and some use false IDs and overload medical facilities, jails and schools. "Perhaps our politicians encouraging this behavior should follow them to jail!"

Rhue Guyant of Temple City, Calif., said illegal immigrants should be cut off from support systems, employment and social services.

Robbie Ferguson of Ball Ground, Ga., said his wife was in an automobile accident with an illegal immigrant who had no license or insurance and drove off. A police officer hesitated to jail the offender, saying she was not working for U.S. immigration authorities.

"If she was not on the drug task force, would she impound a car full of cocaine after making a traffic stop if all they violated were traffic offenses?" Ferguson asked.
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

Karen Harper of Huntington, Ore., wrote that illegal immigrants break the law when they enter the U.S. or stay longer than their visas permit, and some use false IDs and overload medical facilities, jails and schools. "Perhaps our politicians encouraging this behavior should follow them to jail!"
    I agree with this one! Let's see how long Kennedy, Specter, BOOSH, McCain and all the other S. 2611 losers last in a little clay cell in tim buk too Mexico prison.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Bill Strong of Freetown, Ind., wrote, "We are a nation of laws, and laws need to be enforced or anarchy will take over."
    May be closer to this than we realize.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

But Joan W. Cox of Decatur quoted the inscription on the Statue of Liberty: "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free. ... I lift my lamp beside the golden door."
    Someone should tell this lady that the Golden Door was sold a long time ago, probably to China.

Re: 19 out of 20 DAILY readers answered yes arrest illegals

Quote Originally Posted by Virginiamama
    http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/060812/poll.shtml

Online poll: DAILY readers want police to arrest illegals

By Steve Stewart
    DAILY Weekend Editor
    steve@decaturdaily.com · 340-2444

A lot of people seem to agree with Debbra Perce of Hartselle about whether to arrest illegal immigrants.

In an online poll, 19 out of 20 DAILY readers answered yes to the question "Should police arrest all of the illegal immigrants they encounter, whether or not they are accused of serious crimes?"

Perce was one of about two dozen readers who e-mailed comments.

"Let's see," she wrote. "I believe being here illegally is a crime (serious or not). So why would the police have to look for something else to arrest them?! Those who are here without going through the legal process are actually thieves because they're stealing citizenship rights."

The unscientific poll began Thursday, when THE DAILY ran an Associated Press story saying Huntsville police don't take illegal immigrants into custody after routine encounters. Huntsville Police Chief Rex Reynolds was quoted as saying that federal immigration authorities "will not respond to individual misdemeanor violations for custody and deportations."

Out of 999 readers responding to the poll by 5 p.m. Friday, 950 (95.1 percent) answered yes and 49 answered no. People could vote from anywhere. About three-fourths of the e-mails came from out of state.

"Why shouldn't they be arrested?" wrote Lyle Greenwood of Arab. "We have laws on our books, and they need to be enforced. If I do something wrong, I would be. I pay taxes."

Similarly, Nita Looney of Decatur wrote, "Of course they should be arrested! If I should happen to do something illegal, I would be arrested."

Jerry Puckett of Decatur wrote, "I don't understand the problem. If I, a native-born citizen, broke the law, I would be arrested and punished. When a person illegally enters the country, are they then automatically pardoned for any and all crimes they commit while they are here?"

Pam Welch of Decatur said illegal immigrants who don't commit a crime should not be arrested, but deported.

"If we go to another country, we have to go through the process of getting a visa and such," she wrote. "It is only right if someone wants to come into our country they should go through the same process."

She commented: "When I think of all the different circumstances under which our ancestors came to America, I wonder what has happened to 'Christian' forgiveness, acceptance and understanding. That 'Christians' in Huntsville would call for support of measures against undocumented immigrants is horrifying to me.

"How many of your own forebears came here because they were criminals, or persecuted, or hungry? ... How do we forget, become so selfish, when we have so much and others so little? Can we no longer share?"

Joseph A. Crawford of Prospect, Tenn., acknowledged that "this is a country of immigrants, but the ones who came here years ago made sure they were legal so they didn't have to go back."

Rhue Guyant of Temple City, Calif., said illegal immigrants should be cut off from support systems, employment and social services.

Robbie Ferguson of Ball Ground, Ga., said his wife was in an automobile accident with an illegal immigrant who had no license or insurance and drove off. A police officer hesitated to jail the offender, saying she was not working for U.S. immigration authorities.

"If she was not on the drug task force, would she impound a car full of cocaine after making a traffic stop if all they violated were traffic offenses?" Ferguson asked.
    Who`s telling the Police what they can and cannot do? And,where are those Bastards that are telling the police what and what not to do?
    When I here the name"g bush" it makes me think of a "warm Bucket Of Spit.Who are we kidding? We know who`s behind all of these COMI LIES.
    It`s that piece of crap from Tex that now lives in Washington.He is just a Two Faced Lying piece of whale shi*.One can`t get much lower than that.
    Everytime I see that sorry bastard I want to puke.How much longer will we put up with his lies?You can take all of those "Lap Dog`s" with Mexican Sir Names and DEPORT those COMI`S right along with KING bush. Counting the number of Americans at the courthouse where two Boarder Agents stand,to spend up to 20 YRS in PRISON for Protecting America,will tell you how much Americans care about other Americans.....NOT MUCH.I bet you don`t see enough Americans there to fill a "Greyhound Bus"? You would be foolish to take that bet,and you know it.george bush is willing to do anything to run America into the ditch,and he`s doing a good job of it because Americans don`t have the Bal#@ to put a stop to it.As a Matter of fact,most Americans don`t care as long as it dosn`t bother them.
    No wonder the Mexicans are having an easy time of it.Who`s to stop them?Not Americans,no way.g bush could walk right out of the whitehouse and crap on an Americans head and the American would just stand there and do nothing at all.....nothing at all.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)