Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4,000 unfilled jobs at Microsoft?

4,000 unfilled jobs at Microsoft?
    Submitted by Micronet on Wed, 03/12/2008 - 3:30pm

So Gates wants immigration reform and threatens that the U.S. will somehow fall behind in "technological innovation" unless IT companies can lay their hands on unlimited H-1B visas. That's an old, old scare tactic.

Will congress really fall for that "we might not always be the biggest techno-bully on the block" thing? Meanwhile, Microsoft topped the list of S&P 500 companies with the most available positions with 4,005 job openings: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2008/0 ... -jobs.html as of January 2008, a researcher says. One IT worker summarized the situation well, "We've been fed this load of crap for years. The truth is, all high tech companies want is third world workers whom they can pay a lot less than Americans." But technology companies like Microsoft should also know the other golden rule -- you get what you pay for.

Comments:

Immigration reform drum
    Submitted by Anonymous on Wed, 03/12/2008 - 4:37pm.

When someone like Bill Gates comes with advice to nation, he/she is not beating a drum. It is an out cry that better be taken seriously. He is not talking in personal interest or company's interest (if MicroSoft wants, it can employ thousands in India without worrying about Visa), he, in my view, is genuinely talking about nation. Though I have much limited view of things than what Bill has, I share his concerns. US need to wake-up before the center of gravity shifts away.

report spam reply Email this page
    They want foriegn workers here rather than abroad because.....
    Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 03/17/2008 - 8:51am.

they want to keep their billions here safe from confisicatory taxes and political instability.

Bill Gates would ship Microsoft jobs to India in a hearbeat, except he is afraid of the political instability of foreign countries. Look at the trouble the Europeans are raising over monopolistic practices. Just as with the Robber Barons of the late 19th Century, foriegn labor can be brought in to keep wages low while keeping profits safe here in the US.

u.s.a competes
    Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 03/12/2008 - 8:51pm.

i agree with bill gates we have a chance to turn the country around. lets sell h1 visas to companies for two hundred thousand dollars a visa while we have the demand. this money can be used to pay for u.s. students to get the quality of education that we will need to compete with other countries.

Liar and traitor
    Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 03/14/2008 - 6:28am.

There is no shortage of domestic talent and there never was. Bill Gates should be deported to Canada.

Gates, sit down & shut up
    Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 03/14/2008 - 4:30pm.

I am so tired of Bill Gates whining. If he doesn't want to compete for American workers, then pack up MS and take it someplace else. If he hates American workers so much, why not just "leave"?

Overpopulation, congestion, urban sprawl, crumbling infrastructure, overcrowded schools and emergency rooms, crime, pollution, lack of affordable housing, diminished wages, increased tax burdens are just some of the problems visited on America's Citizens, workers and tax payers by unconstrained immigration.

Gates, rather than "employ (or should I say "minister") where the need is greatest, seeks to bring "lower cost easily manipulated alternative" to hiring American workers here, apparently so that his henchmen and scions can watch over them and still get back to their palatial estates in time for supper.

Gates recognizes the volatility of the dysfunctional governments and economies and rather than risk losing a dime somewhere else, he'd rather add to the misery of depressed wages and overcrowding here in the U.S.

Its obscene that all these little social engineering martinets never consider training or, as is increasingly the necessary scenario, retraining American Citizens to fill these jobs.

I've purchased my last Microsoft product. BG is a puke!

Gates has lost his mind!
    Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 03/14/2008 - 4:39pm.

"Evidence is mounting that we are failing to make the investments in our young people, our workers, our scientific research infrastructure, and our economy that will enable us to retain our global innovation leadership," he said.

So, its BG's assertion that because tax payers ahven't stepped up to provide his the "educated drones" he needs at the price he's willing to pay, his solution is simply too forego American workers in favor of "lower cost alternatives"? This is an outrage and any Legislators who fall for such crap should be run out of office and strung up by their mouse! I've had it with this arrogant, insulting little blow hard!

Visa's for degree's program
    Submitted by Anonymous on Fri, 03/14/2008 - 4:44pm.

How about this. For every verifiable student that Microsoft funds to attend college, and that successfully completes a 4 year degree in a computer science curriculum, Microsoft (or any other company for that matter) gets one additional HIb Visa. We eliminate the present 65000 giveaway and start at 0. Tech companies get the workers they say they need, and American workers get the education and training they need paid for so that future demands for foreign workers should not exists. Otherwise, Gates and his cronies in the Tech industry are just lieing, and this has always been abour undercutting American wages.
    http://www.networkworld.com/community/n ... y=wknd_wir
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's called capitalism. I, and most other people don't get exactly what we want, nor why should you BG. Get over it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If I apply, do I have to check the box, caucasin, American, and will that seal the deal for no offer Bill Gates should be ashamed of himself, guess he forgot where he came from.