Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

4.1 Billion in Guatemalan remittances

Guatemalans send over 4.1 billion a year, and over 60% of Guatemalans in the U.S. are here ILLEGALLY. Deport them all and now.....ya es hora...si se puede (it's about time, yes we can).

Print | Close this window
    Guatemala remittances rise to record $4.1 bln
    Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:10pm EST

GUATEMALA CITY, Jan 10 (Reuters) - Guatemalans living abroad sent a record $4.1 billion back to their country last year, up 14 percent over the year before, the central bank said on Thursday.

Remittances expanded less than the year before, when they were up 21 percent, because of the downturn in the U.S. economy, the bank said.

About 1.6 million Guatemalans live in the United States, 60 percent of them illegally, according to the International Organization for Migration.

Remittances from abroad are equivalent to 9 percent of Guatemala's gross domestic product. (Reporting by Herbert Hernandez, editing by Richard Chang)

© Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.
    Reuters journalists are subject to the Reuters Editorial Handbook which requires fair presentation and disclosure of relevant interests.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    It's all about making "Mo Money; with Yo Money"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is there anyone left in Central America?

The other day, I called tech support at Microsoft and a gentleman from El Salvador took my call. He asked me where I was from...I told him...asked him where HE was from...he answered...El Salvador. Well, that started an interesting exchange!

He was an extemely polite, well spoken young guy. We started talking about MS13 and I asked him about the situation in Salvador. He said MS13 is the WORST problem in his country...and growing worse by the day. He lives with his parents in a 'gated community'. They live in fear 24/7 and rarely leave their neighborhood. He said their family's housekeeper of 15 years was forced to flee her home of 30 years because MS13 threatened to kill her if she didn't pay "rent" to them.

He also said that 60% of Salvador's population of 6M is living in the US. That's 3M from Salvador!!!

Ironically, he blamed the US for the MS13 problem in Salvador because we are deporting some of them back to Salvador. He said the corruption begins in L.A. wherre the gangs are trained!

His solution? Kill them all! (His words, not mine).

His solution? Kill them all! (His words, not mine).
    No......not all these wonderful people just looking for a better life! After all, we'll make them CITIZENS if all they do is say "I won't be a gang member anymore". LOL!!!!!!!! Most of these places are THRILLED to get rid of these people. They don't want them either.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

People like him need to talk to those that are here.....

People like him need to encourage their countrymen here to come home, especially those that ARE NOT in MS-13 and start helping to make things better. Also, for 4.1 billion a year, exactly what are these people doing with the money? It seems like they need to have some type of education about finances....most just buy consumer items instead of investing in businesses, even small ones or paying for their kids to go to better schools. 4.1 billion a year should go a long way in a country like Guatemala to build roads, better schools, lend money to entrepreneurs, etc. Why do they squander so much of the money buying TV's, cell phones, etc. when most of the families can't even read or write?