Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

La Raza would never, never agree to any of the above and Norwood knows it. Good for him!

Love it!!!

If La Raza refuses to do those things (which they will), Norwood proves his point, and their agenda is out in the open.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!

California or ground zero of the invasion
    http://www.accessnorthga.com/news/ap_ne ... p?ID=80739

Georgia lawmaker offers conditional apology to Latino group

The Associated Press - WASHINGTON

A Georgia Republican says he'll apologize to a national Latino advocacy group he accused of supporting racism and illegal immigration, but only if the organization agrees to a list of conditions.

In a press release this week, Rep. Charlie Norwood called the National Council of La Raza a "radical," "anti-American" organization that "supports racist groups calling for the secession of the western United States as a Hispanic-only homeland."

The Washington-based group, which has regularly testified before Congress and is one of the leading Hispanic advocacy organizations in the country, emphatically denies those characterizations and says the lawmaker is spreading misinformation about its work.

"His accusations in his press release were patently false," said Cecilia Munoz, vice president of NCLR. "We've attempted to clarify the record multiple times and we've offered to meet with him and he continues to insist on a bizarre interpretation of our work. The record should be very clear by now."

Norwood, a six-term congressman from Augusta, acknowledges that the group itself does not promote racist or separatist policies. But it cites the council's association with a leftist student group called MEChA that has branches at college campuses across the country, some of which advocate for retaking U.S. land that once belonged to Mexico.

He particularly points to a $2,500 grant the council gave in 2003 to the Georgetown University MEChA branch, which calls for the political liberation of Latinos from repressive foreigners.

The donation represents a tiny portion of the millions of dollars in grants that NCLR gave to health clinics, housing organizations, community centers and local advocacy groups that year.

But John Stone, a spokesman for Norwood, said it is significant.

"If the Heritage Foundation gave one small donation to the Aryan Brotherhood, I think that would cause quite a stir," Stone said.

Norwood is simply asking the NCLR to renounce MEChA beliefs, he said.

In a press release offering a conditional apology, Norwood asked NCLR to sever all ties with MECha and its "racist doctrines," to repudiate all claims that any American territory belongs to Mexico, and to seek outside supervision to ensure that all NCLR-sponsored programs do not discriminate.

Munoz said its position on those issues is clear. The "subgrant" NCLR gave was for a college student group which she said was doing "very good leadership work and it had no relationship to this ideology that the congressman associates with MEChA."

"I don't think he understands much about the Latino community or organizations at all and I'm sorry he's avoiding opportunities to learn the truth," she said.

Norwood has feuded with NCLR for years over the organization's opposition to immigration measures that Norwood supports, such as a bill that passed the House this week affirming the authority of all U.S. law enforcement agencies to enforce immigration laws.

___

AP Writer Suzanne Gamboa contributed to this report.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

She probably has some relatives they are looking for.....that's the only logical reason for such irrational statements. I just can't wrap my head around how giving someone the authority to arrest violent criminals "compromises public safety." As far as the "untrained" officers understanding "complex???" immigration laws, I'm sure they are no more complex than "Do you have a ID?" I wouldn't worry about their ability to do their duty and btw their "normal duties" are arresting criminals, which includes all your illegal alien pals. That woman puts a whole new face on the word "disgusting."

Guess if La Raza has their way this country will become as corrupt as Mexico. Unbelievable they don't want criminals arrested.

Excellent work Rep. Norwood.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12