Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member ShockedinCalifornia's Avatar

ABQ NM: Billboard Slams Mayor for Sanctuary City

http://kob.com/article/stories/S193117.shtml?cat=500

Republican billboard slams ABQ mayor

Thousands of Albuquerque drivers will soon see a Republican sponsored billboard accusing Mayor Martin Chavez of running a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants.

Republicans are hauling a trailer-mounted billboard on major roads between the Sunport and downtown Albuquerque, chastising the mayor for the new police rules.

Cops may not enforce federal immigration laws, and in most cases may not ask people’s immigration status.

“We’re talking about public safety, and in the area of public safety, my view and our view is it’s a non-negotiable item, we’re all in this together, we all live in this city, we all live in this state, and our families should be safe,â€

"And I will not have the police stopping Americans based on the color of their skin, so they need to get off it and help our congressional delegation find meaningful solutions to our immigration dilemma," said Mayor Martin Chavez."

"And I will not have the police stopping Americans"

Chavez, GET OVER YOURSELF! They DON'T STOP them to ask.........they ARREST THEM FOR BREAKING THE LAW AND THEN ASK. Apparently you stick up for latinos whether they are criminals or not! Your name is indicative of your attitude! How about sticking up for CITIZENS AND LEGAL IMMIGRANTS for a change?

YOU ARE NOT FIT TO BE MAYOR OF A DOG POUND!