Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

ACLU will keep an eye an Minutemen project

www.borderlandnews.com

Friday, August 5, 2005
    By Diana Washington Valdez
    El Paso Times

The American Civil Liberties Union plans to train volunteers to keep an eye on the Minuteman project along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas and New Mexico, and document any abuses of human rights or violence, said Claudia Guevara, a coordinator for the ACLU’s Legal Observers program in El Paso.

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps volunteers, and other groups like it, patrol the border to report undocumented immigrants who they encounter in the desert regions that appear to have entered the country illegally. Critics have called them vigilantes.

Guevara said, “The purpose (of the ACLU program) is to prevent any violence or abuses against anyone, but especially migrants. It is also intended to shed light on the conditions that exist on the border, such as the migrant deaths we have every year.

“We won’t be there to engage in dialogue or confront the Minuteman groups. We are a non-violent group.�

For the full story, read tomorrow’s El Paso Times.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

That's funny....the ACLU Prissies to the Rescue!!

What do they plan to do, hit someone on the head with their legal brief for standing the guard and preventing illegal entry of illegal aliens into the US?

ACLU--what a JOKE they've become, picking on Boy Scouts and the Minute Men while defending murdering pedophiles and illegal aliens.

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

ACLU will keep an eye on The Minutemen Project

GOOD MAYBE THEY WILL LEARN SOMETHING DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF....AND CONCENTRATE.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey!! Maybe the ACLU will LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT AMERICAN LAW while they're down there, eh?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: ACLU will keep an eye an Minutemen project

Quote Originally Posted by Brian503a
    www.borderlandnews.com

Friday, August 5, 2005
    By Diana Washington Valdez
    El Paso Times

The American Civil Liberties Union plans to train volunteers to keep an eye on the Minuteman project along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas and New Mexico, and document any abuses of human rights or violence, said Claudia Guevara, a coordinator for the ACLU’s Legal Observers program in El Paso.

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps volunteers, and other groups like it, patrol the border to report undocumented immigrants who they encounter in the desert regions that appear to have entered the country illegally. Critics have called them vigilantes.

Guevara said, “The purpose (of the ACLU program) is to prevent any violence or abuses against anyone, but especially migrants. It is also intended to shed light on the conditions that exist on the border, such as the migrant deaths we have every year.

“We won’t be there to engage in dialogue or confront the Minuteman groups. We are a non-violent group.�

For the full story, read tomorrow’s El Paso Times.
    The "ACLU" is one of the most ,if not the most hated groups in America.
    The "ACLU" say`s it wants to remove all crosses from Goverment Property.
    That`s not True.
    I`ve been standing here at the "Arlington National Cemetary" waiting for them to show up.
    The "ACLU" also wants to remove the "Ten Comandments" from "Government Buildings" so every now and them I walk over to the "Capital"and "Supreme Court Building" and make sure all of those are still there,thay are.
    Come on you spineless comi`s,get to work,I`m still waiting.OH Yeah!! So are thousands of Veterans,Locked and loaded,that want to see you start removing crosses from the "Arlington Site". We`re still waiting.
    I have also ask other countries if they would like the "ACLU" to come to thier country and make things better for them.Guess what? They all said thanks, but not thanks.
    Only America is stupid enough to have such "Two Face/Forked Tongue" useless union........Only in America.
    PS. I would not worry too much if I were you.Our Government will allow you to do anything you want to the "Citizens of America".You just can`t take anything from them,our Government.So! you still have alot of Americans you can take to court,IN ORDER TO MAKE YOUR MONEY. Money.

Who

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    ACLU will keep an eye on The Minutemen Project

GOOD MAYBE THEY WILL LEARN SOMETHING DON'T TAKE YOUR EYES OFF....AND CONCENTRATE.
    Who`s going to keep an eye on the "ACLU"?

Who's going to keep an eye on the ACLU???

Good point!!

I guess that'll be our job. I've been keeping my eye on this worthless bunch now for awhile.

I used to admire the ACLU....then they got goofy.....they they got silly.....then they got "prissy".... then they got their panties in a bunch over the Boy Scouts...then they got vindictive...then they got down-right rude, hateful, immoral, sinful, and lawless.

I'm quite certain that ALL these characteristics will reveal themselves in the Desert with the Minute Men!! It will be in all papers...MSM loves ACLU. They'll be on all the local TV stations....MSM loves ACLU.

The more they talk and have their pictures taken, THE BETTER.

ACLU
    I have one a couple of words for them that I can't say on here.

There worthless. That is because of my personal encounter with them a few years ago. When I was trying to get my wife here. In a desperate time and after about 6 months of separation from my wife. I called them to see if I could get any help from them. OK i admit that was dump.

They simply told me it my problem and they didn't care. So the only thing the ACLU is concerned with is letting criminals free to run around and kill and rape. There not in the least concerned for the American people.

My suggestion is to load them up on a plane and drop them all in Baghdad. But then again the world would never forgive us.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Right Scubayons...your wife wasn't from the right country, eh?

I like that idea of dropping them in Iraq. There is so much good work for them to do there. That would also get them a safe distance away from the Boy Scouts, our crosses, our ten commandments, our flags, etc.

Whew!! Damn Scuba....that's a BRILLIANT IDEA...and I wouldn't worry too much about the world hating us. I've got a feeling that when it comes to the ACLU.....Iraqis can handle them....as they should be handled.

I wonder what Iraqis would do to lawyers representing pedophiles who murdered their little victims? You know the ACLU represented two pedophiles convicted of murdering their victims after abusing them. When asked why, the ACLU said although they didn't support the actions of the clients, their clients were still entitled to Freedom of Speech and their First Amendment Rights.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    www.borderlandnews.com

ACLU seeks volunteers to keep an eye on Minutemen project
    Saturday, August 6, 2005
    Diana Washington Valdez
    El Paso Times

The American Civil Liberties Union will train volunteers to monitor the Minuteman project along the U.S.-Mexico border in Texas and New Mexico, and document any abuses of human rights or violence, said Claudia Guevara, a coordinator for the ACLU's Legal Observers program in El Paso.

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps volunteers, and other groups like it, patrol the border to report immigrants who appear to have entered the country illegally. Critics have called them vigilantes.

Guevara said the program is designed to prevent violence and abuses against migrants and shed light on border conditions that lead to migrant deaths. "We won't be there to engage in dialogue or confront the Minuteman groups. We are a nonviolent group," she said.

El Paso County Sheriff Leo Samaniego and other sheriff's officials met Friday with Minuteman organizers who requested the meeting, said Rick Glancey, spokesman for the Sheriff's Office.

"Sheriff Samaniego characterized the meeting as positive," Glancey said. He added that organizers were advised in writing of Texas laws they must observe, and were told to call 911 if they encounter situations that require law enforcement.

"The message they conveyed is that they believe the Border Patrol is doing a great job, but they don't have the resources they need to do what is required to secure the border," said Glancey, who did not know which Minuteman organization met with Samaniego.

Minuteman leaders in Arizona could not be reached for comment. Their patrols will begin in New Mexico and Texas in October.

Clifford Alford, an organizer for Border Watch in Las Cruces, formerly called New Mexico Minutemen, said he welcomed the ACLU. "It's going to make it look like we have more people out there," he said, adding that in one month, his group prevented 280 people from crossing the border just by their presence. They also reported more than 100 suspected undocumented immigrants to authorities. "We are for changing the immigration laws, and we use a humanitarian approach," he said.

Ramiro Cordero, a senior patrol agent for U.S. Customs and Border Protection-Border Patrol, said "We are not going to make any comments on the ACLU's issues or views." Previously, officials of the federal border security agency said only that they would monitor the Minutemen's activities.

Beginning in October, ACLU Legal Observers volunteers will go out to the desert in groups with two-way radios, cell phones and a video camera.

"Legal observers will position themselves alongside Minuteman volunteers, but will remain separate from them ... (and) at all times remain nonviolent and nonconfrontational with both Minutemen and law enforcement," according to a program flier.

To join

*American Civil Liberties Legal Observers program will train volunteers to watch Minuteman patrols at the border.

*The coordinators are Claudia Guevara in El Paso at 532-0921, and Kimberly Lavender in Albuquerque at (505) 266-5915; http://www.vigilantewatch.org.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast