Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Action Alert - CAFTA Now In The US House

http://www.rense.com/general66/action.htm

Action Alert - CAFTA
    Now In The US House
    By Kent Snyder
    The Liberty Committee
    7-7-5

Although the U.S. Senate approved the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) on June 30th, we still have a real chance to defeat this anti-American swindle in the U.S. House next week. The vote is expected to be extremely close. We must effectively use the limited time we have to convince House members to say "no" to CAFTA.

But it won't be easy. The upcoming vote on CAFTA promises a replay of the mafia-style tactics used to coerce votes from reluctant House members on the Medicare prescription-drug bill. Already, arms are being twisted; deals and pork payoffs are being made (with your tax dollars); political threats have been issued -- and that's only the beginning.

When the 15-minute vote on CAFTA finally takes place, expect the House leadership to hold the vote open for hours if necessary. Remember, the vote on the Medicare bill wasn't even begun until 3:00 a.m. on a Saturday morning, and after the usual 15-minute time limit, the House had rejected the Medicare bill! So the leadership held the vote open for nearly three hours more until a few sleep-deprived, bleary-eyed members could be pressured into changing their votes from "no" to "yes."

We saw our elected "public servants" in action during the Medicare battle. We must be prepared for the same ugly tactics during the CAFTA vote.

Every credible source in Washington agrees: CAFTA will be decided by as little as three or four votes -- just like the Medicare bill was. That means every single member's vote counts and now is a good time for you to act. Why? Because your House member is away from the Washington pressure cooker, back home with you in the district for a week-long recess.

Instead of calling your U.S. representative's D.C. office, call his district office. Press him to publicly announce his opposition to the sovereignty-busting, bogus "free trade" agreement, CAFTA. Better yet, attend a function in your congressional district and speak with him in person.

Remember, CAFTA is NAFTA on steroids. We've had over a decade of costly anti-American decisions made by NAFTA tribunals to know what to expect from CAFTA tribunals. CAFTA will create another layer of unaccountable world elites who will tell America what we can and cannot do.

We will issue more alerts/updates in the precious few days we have before the upcoming vote. For now, take advantage of your representative being at home and urge him to commit to a "no" vote on CAFTA. To find the telephone number of your representative's local district office, go to
    http://capwiz.com/liberty/dbq/officials/ .

To re-read our first informative alert on the hidden dangers of CAFTA, go to
    http://www.thelibertycommittee.org/update06.29.05.htm .

Remember, what you do matters. Your elected representative wants your vote on election day. Offices keep tallies of "for" and "against" comments from constituents -- even if elected representatives don't fully understand the issue, they count the comments. Make your voice heard!

Kent Snyder
    The Liberty Committee
    http://www.thelibertycommittee.org
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

It's going to be a LONG DAY between CAFTA, terrorist attack, and hurricane strengthening and moving wnw or nw.
    Good day to paint kids room and just wait for updates on everything.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just another crazy day in the US. The rain is hitting us hard right now. I am on the look out for landslides and falling trees while calling members of the house. Last time hurricane weather we had more than forty trees down around us. They came close to the house and our vehicle by inches. God was definitely watching over us. Yes I sad the G word....
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Jp, where are you? Are you dealing with Cindy? Aren't you in California?

Dennis is coming up but we think it will miss us, but it will be close.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am in Western NC. I haven’t checked the weather lately. I guess the leftovers of Cindy hitting us with all of this rain. We have flood wathces out right now.