Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Activists target Minutemen

http://www.straight.com/content.cfm?id=13173

Activists target Minutemen
    By harsha walia

Publish Date: 29-Sep-2005

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps, a right-wing U.S. paramilitary group, is bringing its binoculars and armed, border-watching volunteers to the B.C.–Washington border on October 1. Activists and community residents across the country, including groups from Vancouver, are gearing up to counter its message.

The Minuteman project has been steeped in controversy, including claims of racism and vigilantism, since its announcement in October 2004 by Tombstone Tumbleweed newspaper owner and editor Chris Simcox, along with Vietnam War vet James Gilchrist. It formally began on April Fools’ Day this year with a 30-day patrol of a 36-kilometre stretch of the Arizona-Mexico border, for which Gilchrist and Simcox claimed to have 1,300 recruits. However, fewer than 150 volunteers came and were outnumbered by a swarm of reporters, camera crews, protesters, and American Civil Liberties Union legal observers.

The Minuteman northern project is scheduled to dispatch patrols to a 32-kilometre stretch of the border, from Blaine to Sumas. Gilchrist has said that criticsâ€â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yeah eh, we are very concerned for the FTAA and NAFTA treaties that we are involved in eh. We have lots of wood pulp that needs to be disseminated to everyone south of us eh. We won the war on hemp eh so this can not defeat us.

Who are the Canucks to tell US what to do in our country? They need to go build a fire and thaw their brain, quit jumping in on the fascist bandwagon a day late and a buck short. I wonder what "protestors" are against the minutemen? La Raza of a free Canada, or something of that nature?

According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, a group tracking hate crimes, an FBI official denied that the agency was screening Gilchrist’s members.
    It may be my ignorance but would this department have any clue as to whether or not the F.B.I is involved in background checks? Besides we all know that the left-hand never knows what the right is doing anyhow.

“The Minutemen represent a disturbing approach to border issues that does not take into account basic human rights,�
    What are they basing this accusation on? I didn't know that Canadians were quotable on American laws when it came to rights; also, you have to be a citizen of America for the American rights to be applicable to you; otherwise international human rights are what you are subject too, right?

“The real solution is comprehensive immigration transformation, including civil and workers’ rights, and a path to legal residency and citizenship.�
    This sounds like his objective header in his application to head the HLS Immigration department, boosh stuck-up.

According to the religious-based No More Deaths campaign in Arizona, more than 2,000 people have lost their lives since 1998 while attempting to cross the border. The U.S. Bureau of Customs and Border Protection confirmed that last year in Arizona alone, more than 200 people died.
    Okay, I'm going to go out on a limb here, maybe they shouldn’t be trying to come here illegally!
    If our border was secure and enforced then they wouldn't be in the situation in the first place. It may be a good idea to bring water with you and not Coronas or Tequila.

A Border Action Network report entitled Hate or Heroism recommends that the attorney general investigate whether such groups have violated the USA PATRIOT Act
    Now that is an OXY Moron there.

which holds that committing or threatening violence for the purpose of changing government policy is an act of terrorism.
    So what would a REVOLUTION mean? Civil War?
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

I note the hyperbolic use of "homocidal" that is just like calling the third rail of a
    subway track "homocidal". If ignorant or idiotic people die by stepping on the track are we supposed to stop the existance of the trains. In both cases somebody who is not supposed to be there dies despite the fact that it is they who should know better.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The real solution is comprehensive immigration transformation, including civil and workers’ rights, and a path to legal residency and citizenship.�
    He is absolutely right, we do need a comprehensive immigration transformation. And the minutemen are doing the job until the socalled immigration transformation is in place. The Minutemen have been saying we need an immigration reform since it started watching the borders!
    The thing is we do have a path to legal residency and it is not inforced!

And by the way, I am married to a man of Mexican Heritage (politicly correct term). My children are all of Mexican heritage. When a person comes accross the border and takes a job illegaly, he/she is lessoning the chance or our children of getting a job. My son can't even get on at McDonalds because they are already taken. And guess who has taken them! That's right they are all illegal. I feel like picketing in front of the place but in my town I would probabley get shot!

We may need immigrants but not at the rate we are getting them now.

Forgive me for being rude, but this is one of the most rediculous and a waste of time articles I've ever read!! Thank you, Harsha Walia for more of nothing.

Anyway, more importantly, Jewl123, welcome to ALIPAC
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen

Anyway, more importantly, Jewl123, welcome to ALIPAC
    Doh... I second that!
    "I can because I will, I will because I can" ME

Welcome Jewl123. Harsha Walia obviously doesnt get it.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Now about this Southern Poverty Law Center, the more I read on there site, the more I truly think there a communist group. They say racist racist racist, well. I was always taught, that usually a person that calls another person a racist is the racist.

As for this Southern Poverty Law. Maybe they should check there selfs out as being a Hate Group.
    There site sure looks like a hate group to me.

Well now i should have been polite or they might want to put me on there list. LOL
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

Forgive me JEWLI123

I should have welcomed you first.

JEWLI123

WELCOME ABOARD, NICE TO HAVE YOU WITH US. WE ARE HONORED.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06