Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Click here to see how your traitor voted on this issue.

link

Mikulski’s amendment increases the number of H-2B workers U.S. employers can import each year to as many as three times its current limit of 66,000. The five occupations for which employers import the most H-2B workers are: 1) landscape laborer, 2) forest worker, 3) maid/housekeeping, 4) stable attendant, and 5) construction worker. Yet, the three industries with the highest unemployment rates in the United States are: 1) agriculture, including landscape laborers and forest workers, (11.8 percent); 2) construction (10.3 percent); and 3) leisure/hospitality, including maids and housekeeping and stable attendants (employed by racetracks) (8.3 percent).

The unemployment rate among the 12 million American adults who do not have a high school diploma is almost 9 percent and the unemployment rate among Black Americans is 10.5 percent. Unskilled, American workers are the most vulnerable to unemployment. Increasing the number of H-2B workers will reduce the number of jobs available to these Americans, drive down wages, and drive up unemployment.

There is still a chance that the Mikulski Amendment can be stripped out in conference committee. More on that later.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Are these people temporarily here or does this mean they are here for life? I'm unaware of what the program is.

It figures the corporate puppets would pass this. I wouldn't count on the House stripping it out of the bill either. We really need to overthrow this government as they are destroying this country.

Yeah, this is totally irresponsible when we have workers here who don't have jobs. You really see what we are up against to get any immigration reform. These worthless politicans are as anti-American as it comes and only care about what big business wants. Who cares if it is destroying America or putting people out of a job?

"Yet, the three industries with the highest unemployment rates in the United States are: 1) agriculture, including landscape laborers and forest workers, (11.8 percent); 2) construction (10.3 percent); and 3) leisure/hospitality, including maids and housekeeping and stable attendants (employed by racetracks) (8.3 percent)."

What a surprise, these are the fields that the illegals have taken over. So much for them doing jobs Americans won't do...

Are these people temporarily here or does this mean they are here for life? I'm unaware of what the program is.
    Once they get here, they never leave. That is the problem. No one makes sure they leave.

If they stay and an American allows them to continue working as an illegal, the employer should have to pay for all their health care and be fined. That is the one way we can make sure this insanity stops.

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of INSANITY!
    -- Albert Einstein

2 Not Voting

Durbin (D-IL)
    Obama (D-IL)
    Can you guess what 2 fleabags represent me?

Chickens!! Too scared of their constituents to vote on this issue!!!!! Go figure!!!!!!!!!!!

"Once they get here, they never leave. That is the problem. No one makes sure they leave."

Lovely. So now in addition to the 1+ million legal immigrants, the 3+ million illegal immigrants, all the amnesty seekers, we'll now have over 200,000 more immigrants permanently here. Someone tell me where we draw the line because to any sane person, bringing in this many people is a horrible policy.

It seems we CITIZENS of the country are really 2nd class, applicable to the law but the illegals can get away with multiple offenses. Immigration violations, identity theft, driving without liscences etc. You name it and it isn't enforced. The big business, cheap labor lobby is out of control and it's killing our country.

People--don't freak. We had a victory today. But another one lays ahead. The bill we lost increasing the H2B from 66,000 to over 200,000 was passed by a Corrupt Congress not listening to the American People. That increase can be changed overnight with one introduction of a bill. All we have to do is get another bill in to over-turn it. What Congress giveth, the American People can take away. If employers think they can sneak around us to their pay boys and obviously pay girls, and circumvent the people of the United States, then they must think again. It's not over until its' over. Also, that bill has to be signed by the President. If he wants to remain in office to finish his term, then he should send it back to Congress.

That's the next step. Keep it from getting signed into Law. Lawsuit, March on White House, Something. These are the high paying white collar jobs....the ones your kids will need when they graduate from college.

PREVENT THE SIGNING OF THE BILL INTO LAW. WHATEVER IT TAKES.

This is the United States. We are the Americans.

We NOT only Decide What Happens Here, We Control What Happens Here.

GO MINUTEMEN!! GO ALIPAC!! God Bless Each and Every One of You Dear Souls Who Put Their Country First.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Cornyn (R-TX), Yea
    Hutchison (R-TX), Yea

Thanks, Cornyn and Hutchinson! Another reason why I want you both out of office come election day.

Cornyn has the nerve to act like he's on the side of Americans yet he hasn't got the guts to insist that the amnesty portion of this bill be struck out. Jerk! He will see what it means to double cross his constituents! His voting record has been shaky at best not it is blatantly against all Americans.

Hutchinson has never been interested in anything but her own hide. I hope she does try to run for governor and I hope Rick Perry stomps all over her like garbage! He's an arrogant SOB who doesn't even pretend he cares about the voters but she is a conniving witch.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I need some facts. I may be wrong about the H2B jobs. Are the H2B jobs the white collar professional jobs or are they the lower skilled agriculture, foresty, landscaping, cleaning, etc. jobs. If these are the H2B jobs, then what is the designation for the professional jobs?

Thanks.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast