Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC: 'Illegal Alien' Costume Goes Viral

This Land Blog
    News and ideas on immigration

'Illegal Alien' Costume Goes Viral

Oct 22, 2009

by Franco Ordonez of the Charlotte Observer

By now, you've probably seen one of the many stories about the controversial 'illegal alien' costume that has drawn the ire of immigrant rights groups. The story has been covered in most major news outlets, including the Washington Post, USA Today, CNN, MSNBC, among others.

The costume is an orange jumpsuit with the words "ILLEGAL ALIEN" on the front, a space alien mask and a plastic green card. There is also an alternative mask of a space alien with a droopy black mustache.

Target was one of many retailers that pulled the costume from its website and apologized following complaints. [b]The NC-based Americans for Legal Immigration PAC, which advocates for greater immigration enforcement, meanwhile called on supporters to go out and buy the costume as a statement to “stand up to censorship.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm no fan of the Charlotte Observer. In fact, I no longer send them press releases and would refuse to interview with them.

However, Franco Ordoñez has been very fair and balanced in this article he has written on the topic.

William
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

added to the homepage with a note

ALIPAC NOTE: Online and shop sales of this costume are very strong now that copies are getting out to the public despite the attempted political blockade by illegal alien supporting groups! ALIPAC Activists are encouraged to spread the word about and links to online sales locations of this costume. We are also encouraging our supporters to buy the costume and ask your local Halloween shops if they have the costume. If the local shops say no when you speak with them in person or on the phone, encourage them to get some of them and remind them that copies of this costume were trading for over three times the sales price on Ebay before Ebay censored sales! If enough copies of this costume reaches the stores it will become the most popular Halloween costume of 2009 and the censorship attempt by illegal alien groups will have backfired on them!

http://www.alipac.us/article4616.html

Franco has done good in the article, and I am sure the Observer is starting to realize that Charlotte is overrun by the non-English speaking from all over the world, as is the rest of the state. Many illegal, and many not.
    Franco's previous blogs were how unfair life was to the Latinos in this country (immigrants, legal or not) and I have hope the editors have given him a good talking-to.

I did a search for "illegal alien costume" and hit 770,00 results!

As having been painted a red-neck for so long and always enjoyed the chuckle as well, I find this animosity from the left to be interesting.

Better still is that Americans are being forced into discourse concerning an issue that has for too long been ignored by many. Yee-Haw!

As an Agnostic I am reminded of the separation of Church and State. While I do not subscribe to any religion I would never demand any mention of or display of a religious concept be banned.

"distasteful, mean-spirited, and ignorant of social stigmas and current debate on immigration reform."

How about ignorant of my rights to free expression and speech. I wish the card was in Spanish too! "immigration reform" thats stupid! How about, unenforced laws and liberal politicians is more like it.
    America <div>Home of the free</div><div>Home of the brave</div><div>Home of 20 million illegal*alien villagers*and counting!*</div>

And what's really funny is that most people would have never seen this costume if the illegals advocacy groups hadn't brought our attention to it.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow