Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OK, GRAM.........you sound as crazy angry as I am.

Calm down and save your strength for the fight - let's see what we can do to help. When is the meeting?

Might do well to see if there's any teachers with first hand info about "no child left behind unless you're American" program. I've spoken to some who absolutely believe it's a money sink hole with no benefits to academics.

Any teachers here?

DIX might have some good info also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

OH LORD THAAAAANKS FOR ANSWERIN ME. ITS THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER. IT IS ACCUALLY A CANADATE MEETING FOR A SEAT THERE.
    THATS HOW I FOUND OUT. THERE IS A LADY THAT IS RUNNING THAT IS CRAZY MAD ABOUT THEM BEING ABLE TO MEDICATE OUR KIDS WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE. SO SHE TOLD ME ABOUT C A B E AND THEN I READ THE SITE. IF THATS NOT LA RAZA BRANCH I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. AN FEINSTEIN CO AUTHORED THE DREAM ACT LORD....

I
    AM A SIMPLE WOMEN WITH A FIRE IN MY HEART TO HELP.
    LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WHERE.
    LETS ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by GrammyPatriot
    OH LORD THAAAAANKS FOR ANSWERIN ME. ITS THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER. IT IS ACCUALLY A CANADATE MEETING FOR A SEAT THERE.
    THATS HOW I FOUND OUT. THERE IS A LADY THAT IS RUNNING THAT IS CRAZY MAD ABOUT THEM BEING ABLE TO MEDICATE OUR KIDS WITHOUT OUR KNOWLEDGE. SO SHE TOLD ME ABOUT C A B E AND THEN I READ THE SITE. IF THATS NOT LA RAZA BRANCH I DONT KNOW WHAT IS. AN FEINSTEIN CO AUTHORED THE DREAM ACT LORD....

Oh SHOOT........I just saw that you're in Cali

> Do you know any teachers, as I mentioned?

Nov 1?.......nothing like a crunch have heart, let's see who might have info.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELL, I DO

I BELONG TO THE MM PROJECT. WILLIAM MM IS RUNNING FOR MAJOR IN CARLSBAD CA. I DID SHOT HIM A MESSAGE BUT I KNOW HE HAS HIS HANDS FULL.
    I WROTE ALL MY ASSEMBLY AND SENATORS. I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THEY STAND AND WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS.

I SO DONT TRUST ANY OF THEM.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD ONE THING AND ANOTHER DONE TO MANY TIMES.

I HAVE WORKED THE LABOR SITES AND CITY HALLS ABOUT THAT SITUATION I JUST LET THIS ONE SLIP BY.

THEY WILL BE HEARING FROM ME MONDAY FOR SURE. I CAN GET ALL THE MM TO WRITE IN CALLY FOR STARTERS I GUESS.

BUT AS FAR AS THIS MEETING, I THINK THAT I WILL START BY ASKING SINCE OUR STATE IS 4TH FROM THE WORST IN THE COUNTRY IF THEY HAVE EVER DONE A STUDY ON THE EFFECTS IT IS HAVING ON OUR CITIZENS? AND IF NOT WHY. IF THEY HAVE NOT DONE STUDY I THINK I WILL DEMAND ONE DONE. THE DROP OUT RATE OF THE ILLEGALS IS SO HIGH BECAUSE OF THE PARENTS NOT BEING EDUCATED AND FALLOWING SUIT. THEY USE ALL OF OUR SCHOOL LUNCH MONEYS AND THROW MOST OF IT IN THE TRASH THEN NOT EVEN GRADUATE!

ONE OF MY MM SISTERS IN SAN DIEGO, HER TOWN IS 80% MEXICAN.
    HER CHILD IS SUFFERING AND FEELS OUT OF PLACE IN HIS OWN COUNTRY'S SCHOOL.

SO WE ARE TRYING TO BRAIN STORM THANKS FOR YOUR INTREST AND ANY INPUT YOU HAVE.
    I
    LETS ROLL!

Look at the No Child Left Behind BS George Bush pushed in Texas before he became President. Go to the Texas teacher for help. They can tell you all about how the ESL Classes receive more money than the football team. How the test scores are dummied down. The great TASS exit exams that Bush was so proud of are 5th grade level. Harvard did a study on the Texas Assesment Test that Bush pushed on us. We are becoming 3rd world idiots. We have been dummied down so the non-English speakers can pass the test! No kidding. We have to make sure they can get out of high school since we dumped so much money into educating foreign students.

I'm so mad and I've been out of the education loop for a while. Find some Texas Educators to back you up.

Dixie

TEXAS SCHOOL TEACHERS ASSOC? MAYBE?

I'LL PUT AN EMAIL OUT TONIGHT, THANKS SO MUCH

GOD BLESS
    CHERIE
    I
    LETS ROLL!

DIX

do you have any links to the Texas info?

I STRUCK GOLD!!

Home | District Locator | Index A-Z | Divisions | School Directory

Advanced Search

OFFICE for
    Planning,
    Grants and Evaluation
    Homepage

Program Evaluation Unit

Division of
    Discretionary Grants

Division of
    Formula Funding

Division of Planning
    and
    Grant Reporting

Funding Opportunities
    and
    Grants Management

Contact Us

Program Evaluation
    LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
    More than 700,000 of the state’s 4.5 million public school students are non-native English speakers, referred to in the school system as Limited English Proficient (LEP), and this population continues to grow. Spanish is the dominant language of this group, though there are 127 different languages spoken in the homes of these children. Recent performance results on the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills (TAKS) standardized state exam suggest that additional assistance focused on the needs of students with limited English language proficiency is warranted. TEA has developed and implemented a number of different programs designed to address the unique needs of this important student population in Texas.

Limited English Proficient - Student Success Initiative
    The Limited English Proficient - Student Success Initiative (LEP - SSI) grant program provides funding for intensive instruction programs for students with limited English language proficiency, as well as for training materials and other resources to assist teachers in developing the expertise required to enable these students to meet state performance expectations. Evaluation of the LEP - SSI grant program includes evaluation of technical assistance provided to grantees by Texas A&M University, as well as an assessment of the impact the program has on student achievement results and other teacher-level program outcomes.

Published Reports:
    Evaluation of Texas A&M University System's Support Activities Related to Limited English Proficient Student Success Initiative, Cycle 1 Grants - (April 2006)
    Ongoing Research:
    TEA has continued its partnership with the Southwest Educational Development Laboratory (SEDL) to assess the effectiveness of Texas A&M System’s support activities and professional development provided to teachers at grantee campuses funded through Cycle 2 and Cycle 3 of the LEP - SSI grant. The final report is due from SEDL on August 31, 2007.
    TEA program evaluation staff is currently conducting an evaluation of the LEP - SSI grant program’s effects on student outcomes. The evaluation will include analysis of campuses funded through the first two cycles of the grant program, in addition to preliminary information on the third cycle of grantees. The evaluation will be based on periodic grantee progress reports and administrative data (e.g., student demographic data, standardized test data) collected by the agency. This evaluation will seek to determine if LEP students at grantee campuses are advancing in their English proficiency at a greater rate than comparable LEP students at non-grantee campuses, as well as investigating other achievement-related outcomes. It is anticipated that an interim report will be published in Spring 2007, with a final report (which will include all three cycles) published in Spring 2008.
    Campus-Wide Reform Projects | Charter Schools | Early Start Programs | High School/College Preparation Initiatives | Initiatives for Students with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) | Out-of-School Learning Opportunities | Professional Development for Educators and Teacher Incentive Programs | Reading, Math, Science, and Technology Initiatives

THIS INFORMATION IS WHAT I CAN USE! THE STUDY IS NOT DUE UNTIL AUGUST 07 SO IF THEY DONT KNOW HOW WELL IT IS WORKING HOW CAN THEY PUT MORE MONEYS IN IT RIGHT NOW TODAY RIGHT?
    THATS WHAT I THINK

I'M GOING TO ASK THAT THEY USE THE MONEY AS INTENDED FOR SMALLER CLASSES PERIOD WE HAVE DONE ENOUGH AND THATS THE BOTTEM LINE.
    I HOPE I CAN FIND MORE INFO ON WHAT THE DROP OUT RATE IS NOW ETC.
    WE ARE POURING OUR TAX DOLLARS IN A HOLE OF MEXICO! B S
    Last Updated August 8, 2006

ESCs | Educator Certification (SBEC) | TRAIL | State of Texas | Contact/Comments | TEA Jobs | Texas Legislature | Web Policy and Accessibility | Public Information | Compact With Texans | Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities | Assistance for Military Families
    By using this site and its products, you agree to the Copyright and terms of service.
    I
    LETS ROLL!

THIS INFORMATION IS WHAT I CAN USE! THE STUDY IS NOT DUE UNTIL AUGUST 07 SO IF THEY DONT KNOW HOW WELL IT IS WORKING HOW CAN THEY PUT MORE MONEYS IN IT RIGHT NOW TODAY RIGHT?
    THATS WHAT I THINK
    Great start, GRAM!

Yeah

Yeah and if you dig a bit you will find that no child left behind is another UN agenda.

http://www.newswithviews.com/DeWeese/tom6.htm

"NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND" AND UNESCO

By Tom DeWeese
    April 12, 2004
    NewsWithViews.com

My monthly newsletter, The DeWeese Report, has reported many times that President Bush’s “No Child Left Behind” education reform act was not an instrument with which to improve America’s schools. The Bush program strengthens the behavior modification programs of Goals 2000. We have warned that “No Child Left Behind” continues the School-to-Work program by driving curriculum away from teaching basic academics and toward job training programs in all public schools.

In recent issues we reported that the Bush Administration is issuing grants through the Department of Education for the UN’s International Baccalaureate program which provides a curriculum that teaches our children to be global citizens rather than Americans.

In the November 2003 issue (DeWeese Report, Vol. 9, Issue 11), we noted that, “The New Civics teaches that American classrooms would be doing a disservice to students by suggesting that America’s recognition of inalienable rights deserves any superior place in the spectrum of world politics. Instead they pack the genius of our Founding Fathers with every run of the mill democracy on the globe. American students are now to learn that we’re nothing special.”

We’ve issued the warnings, but many don’t want to believe that a Republican president or his Republican Congress would be responsible for such an anti-American curriculum.

The DeWeese report is just the messenger. We don’t make the policy. Perhaps it would be easier to believe if it came directly from the Bush Administration that it’s more interested in teaching about the UN’s Universal Declaration of Human Rights than America’s precious and unique Declaration of Independence?

Well, here it is. On October 3, 2003, just three months after the Bush Administration put the United States back into the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), after Ronald Reagan had removed us twenty years ago, Education Secretary Rod Paige addressed the UNESCO Round Table of Ministers on Quality Education.

Said Paige, “The United States is pleased to return to UNESCO and to participate in meetings like this. I am very pleased to see many friends from the Third Inter-American Education Ministerial in Mexico City.

“There and here, we agree that we must make education a universal reality. Our governments have entrusted us with the responsibility of preparing our children to become citizens of the world. We are here to share and learn.

“When President Bush took office, he saw these problems and decided to tackle them head on through a program called ‘No Child Left Behind.’ UNESCO, through the great leadership of Director General Matsuura, knows the importance of education on a global level by coordinating the “Education for All” initiative.

‘Education For All’ is consistent with our recent education legislation, the “No Child Left Behind Act.”

There you have it. UNESCO’s global education curriculum is “consistent” with the Bush Administration’s education policies. Those policies are now storming into classrooms across the nation.

For example, from the Idaho Department of Education comes a curriculum called “Human Rights in Education.” Listed below are four classes taught to four separate grade levels.

Grade Six (Geography and Cultures - Western Hemisphere): Introduction to Our World; Focus on Canada; Focus on Latin America; Global Citizenship

Grade Seven (Geography and Cultures - Eastern Hemisphere): Global Citizenship

Grade Eight (Social Science Exploratory - A Case Study of Idaho): Universe of Obligation

Grade Nine (World History &Humanities): Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Yes, your child may have courses called math, science, literature, geography and civics, but those courses are full of globalist myth and its source is UN programs like UNESCO’s “Education for All” curriculum. It starts there and is filtered into American classrooms through “consistent” programs like “No Child Left Behind.”

This behavior modification of your child’s attitudes, values and beliefs won’t end until the American people stop allowing the federal government to invade their local schools. It can be stopped, but not until the American people stop swallowing this drivel about “world class education.” The above list is just a sample of what that phrase means.

Remember, U.S. Secretary of Education Rod Paige just told you that it starts with the United Nations and ends in your child’s brain.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123