Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ALIPAC: Thousands in Charlotte join nationwide immigrant ral

Thousands in Charlotte join nationwide immigrant rallies

Associated Press
    CHARLOTTE, N.C.

- Thousands of Hispanics from across the Carolinas marched in Charlotte on Saturday as hundreds of thousands of Latinos demonstrated across the country against proposals to crack down on illegal immigrants.

Organizers and police said 5,000 to 7,000 people rallied in Marshall Park, wearing white shirts, chanting in Spanish and English, and carrying signs with slogans such as "Am I Not a Human Being?"

Norma Ramirez, who left Veracruz, Mexico, for South Carolina 12 years ago, said she canceled plans for a family visit in Atlanta, instead driving her children nearly three hours north to Charlotte.

"As soon as I heard, we were coming," said Ramirez, an undocumented immigrant who lives in Batesburg, S.C. "Our voices must be heard. People need to see that we're united against these laws that say we're criminals to be here."

The demonstration was one of half dozen around the nation in recent days as President Bush prodded Republican congressional leaders to give some illegal immigrants a chance to work legally in the U.S. under certain conditions.

The largest was in downtown Los Angeles, where more than 500,000 people marched to demand that Congress abandon attempts to make helping illegal immigrants a crime and to build more walls along the border.

The U.S. House of Representatives has passed legislation that would make it a felony to be in the U.S. illegally, impose new penalties on employers who hire illegal immigrants and erect fences along one-third of the U.S.-Mexican border.

The Senate is to begin debating the proposals on Tuesday.
    Some 700 people rallied in Kernersville, marching from Holy Cross Catholic Church across town to the municipal building, carrying a banner of Our Lady of Guadalupe, the patron saint of the Americas. The rallies have been endorced by the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops.

"We tried to ask the community to call the Congress ... and to let them know that we're concerned about what's going on down there," said Martin Mata, director of Hispanic Ministry at Holy Cross Catholic Church.
    Heather MacKenzie, an immigration lawyer in Winston-Salem, urged the crowd to organize and lobby Congress themselves, whether they are legal residents or not.

"My message for you is to be strong and unite. Understand the power of the Hispanic immigrant community," she said. "This is the week that is going to make or break immigration laws."

In Charlotte, rally leaders said Americans cannot ignore the large segment of the community that cooks their food, builds their homes and cares for their children.

"Enough is enough," Mauricio Castro, director of the Durham-based N.C. Latino Coalition, chanted as the crowd cheered. "We're not criminals. We're here. And we will be part of this community in the good times and the bad ones."

Mayor Pro Tem Susan Burgess, one of two Charlotte-Mecklenburg elected officials who attended the Charlotte rally, said the city must welcome people from all over the world to compete in a global economy.

"We all agree our immigration policy is broken and must be fixed," she said. "We must work together for a just resolution."

William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration PAC in Raleigh, said he believes the rallies will backfire by energizing U.S. citizens who seek stricter immigration policies.

"They're taking to the street because they're getting desperate," he said. "They realize that America's public sentiments have awoken to the scale of this problem and they're leaning toward enforcement."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: ALIPAC: Thousands in Charlotte join nationwide immigrant

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

"They're taking to the street because they're getting desperate," he said. "They realize that America's public sentiments have awoken to the scale of this problem and they're leaning toward enforcement."
    Yes, I say they definitely showed their true colors today. Finally.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just a note: I was just over at Black voices. Looks like some of the ones that used to argue in favor of a Hispanic/Black coalition have now turned against the "Mexicans".

Just one of the first of such turnings I expect these marches to provoke. They really couldn't have thought of a better way to help us!
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Topics: Charlotte Protests, rally, march, illegal immigrants, immigration enforcment, security, Congress, laws

added to homepage

http://www.alipac.us/article-1121-thread-1-0.html

While flipping through the Sunday news circuit this morning I happened to catch a promo about the rally in LA on fox news. Figured I would watch it to see what they said, they had one of the organizers on TV, and this idiot came right out on national TV and said they will except nothing else except immediate citizenship for all illegals in this country.

After I calmed down a bit, did not want to have to buy another TV, I realized this POS traitor just did more to wake up Americans then anything we could have done. The fact that the organizer for this rally would come on national TV and demand immediate citizenship for illegals shows just what their intentions really are. We already knew what they were, the sheep however did not.

Quote Originally Posted by Justanamerican
    While flipping through the Sunday news circuit this morning I happened to catch a promo about the rally in LA on fox news. Figured I would watch it to see what they said, they had one of the organizers on TV, and this idiot came right out on national TV and said they will except nothing else except immediate citizenship for all illegals in this country.

After I calmed down a bit, did not want to have to buy another TV, I realized this POS traitor just did more to wake up Americans then anything we could have done. The fact that the organizer for this rally would come on national TV and demand immediate citizenship for illegals shows just what their intentions really are. We already knew what they were, the sheep however did not.
    Yes, JustanAmerican, people are seeing the truth about what's happening to our country, thanks to those protests. I just had a man call me today,after he he saw the protest on TV last night, and ask me what he could do to help. I, of course, gave him the ALIPAC link. That march will backfire, people are angry!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

BTT
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

"REVENGE VOTING"

Any Senator who votes for ANY type of "Amnesty/ Guestworker" stands a very good chance of being thrown out of office for not LISTENING to their Constituents.
    And how about "RE-CALL ELECTIONS?"
    They got Gov. Gray Davis out that way.
    I have neighbors here who still own property in Penn. and they tell me that they will make a special trip to Penn. just to vote against Senator Spector if he tries to run again!
    Also here in S. Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham will not be re-elected if he votes for ANY of this stuff!
    The PEOPLE are getting VERY *ANGRY!!!*

Start calling your Senators offices both in state and in Washington and tell them in no uncertain terms that they will be thrown out of office if they vote for anything other than the Bill that ***The People*** have already chosen through our elected Representatives HR-4437!!!
    Hiya!

I Don't Think So!!!!!!!

In Charlotte, rally leaders said Americans cannot ignore the large segment of the community that cooks their food, builds their homes and cares for their children.
    Beleive me I have not been ignoring the fact that our government has refused to keep them out of this country.
    Also the the truth is none of them do any of this for me. In fact what they are saying is not only are they here illegally, but there are people also breaking the law by hiring them to do these jobs?
    It's been said more than once if you want to get the illegals out of this country, and keep more from comming in, take away thier jobs and thier benefits and they will all go back on thier own. We don't need "immigration reform" what we need is "immigration enforcement" and that means not only at the border but also at the workplace. Personally I'd like to see what the governement would say if Americans started doing the job that our governement won't? hmmmm......

Banned
    Personally I'd like to see what the governement would say if Americans started doing the job that our governement won't? hmmmm......
    Probably something like 'vigilante', 'white supremacist', 'racist', 'xenophobe' or 'bigot'. The same names they call the Minutemen.