Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

AmericansContinue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration

American Workers Continue to Pick up Jobs Left Vacant by Immigration Raids

Tuesday, September 15, 2009, 12:25 PM EDT

A new report in USA Today finds that unemployed U.S. citizens continue to fill up jobs left vacant by immigration raids, particularly at meatpacking and poultry plants. The reports says that plants impacted by the raids were back up and running at full capacity within months of the raids.

Vanderbilt University professor Carol Swain said the raids were beneficial to the American workforce.

"Whenever there's an immigration raid, you find white, black and legal immigrant labor lining up to do those jobs that Americans will supposedly not do," Prof. Swain said in the USA Today article.

The USA Today report cites a study conducted by Steven Camarota at the Center for Immigration Studies that found Americans holding the majority of positions in fields that many claim are dominated by illegal aliens.

For more on this story, see USA Today.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... tid=254574
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Americans would start back working in construction and landscaping if these small businesses presently hiring illegals would be held accountable.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by hattiecat
    Americans would start back working in construction and landscaping if these small businesses presently hiring illegals would be held accountable.
    I was laid off last week and put my name on our hiring list. I'm at 426. My Union heavily recruited about 1000 new members from non-union shops in the last 10 years raising our membership from 2000 to 3000. Many of our 'new members' are IAs. The question of immigration status was brought up at a meeting and soundly shouted down by the Dias as 'out of order' and the question was banned from discussion! Without these new members my Union would be enjoying full employment.