Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty for Illegals Would Bankrupt Social Security System

National Center for Policy Analysis

Immigration Issues
    May 31, 2007

AMNESTY FOR ILLEGALS WOULD BANKRUPT SOCIAL SECURITY SYSTEM

A domestic policy scholar says the U.S. Social Security system will surely go bankrupt if President Bush and members of Congress who are pushing amnesty for millions of illegal immigrants have their way.

According to Robert Rector, a senior research fellow in domestic policy at the Heritage Foundation:

The so-called "comprehensive immigration reform plan" making its way through Congress would add millions of additional workers to the Social Security rolls.

With $18,000 in annual Social Security benefits over a 20-year retirement period, each new amnestied worker would receive over $300,000 in retirement benefits.

If an estimated nine million adults join the system, that would result in a total cost of $2.5 trillion for all the new beneficiaries.

"And that cost is going to come crashing into the Social Security System at exactly the time that Social Security is already going bankrupt," he emphasizes.

Rector contends the president and members of Congress really do not care because those costs will not hit for another 10 to 15 years.

Source: Chad Groening, "Amnesty for illegals would bankrupt Social Security system, says analyst," OneNewsNow.com, May 30, 2007; based upon: Robert E. Rector, "The Fiscal Cost of Low-Skill Immigrants to State and Local Taxpayers," Statement Before the Subcommittee on Immigration of the Committee on the Judiciary of the United States House of Representatives, May 17, 2007.

http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=14609
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amnesty...

Dixie,

I have already been busy contacting our congressmen about what I think about the predicted crash of the SS system. For decades I have been witnessing rampant abuse of our revenue system, state and federal. Working in construction since the seventies, I have gradually and sickeningly become apalled at how much cheating is going on, aside from that connected with illegal immigration. I even attended IRS Citizens Advisory Panel hearings to bring it up. This nation has a huge blackmarket and tolerates a lot of offshore havens.

So if there is $200 billion uncollected revenue per year, this could easily solve the SS crunch. And it would have saved a lot of debating in Congress. For years I suffered abuse, discrimination and hardship--at the hands of people who are basically greedy and figure they can get away with it. These were mostly "redneck" types. I always was honest and paid tax on side earnings, state and federal, but not having much in the first place. Then, to make matters worse, I got hit by consecutive white collar fraud, costing bookoo bucks, and many wasted years.

Now, I don't declare income I make from renting out my home and a second aparment. Robert Rector is doing a good job. (As a Christian I have had some disagreement with the Heritage Foundation since they are part of the Council on National Policy, which has been partly funded by Coors Beer profits. How can Christians oppose alcoholism and then depend on alcohol profits?)

I've read so much evidence, my mind is made up. But how, then, do we craft a policy, in the face of intense opposition, that actually works and doesn't place a greater strain on taxpayers? This is where we need to put our heads together. The American taxpayer is too burdened already. At least the ucollected fed. revenue is supposed to be cost effective to get, via improved audit techniques.

Yeah we need to stop these indiscriminate handouts, like totalization agreements with third world countries.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well what the hell they are taking everything else from us, or destroying it.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

good pts Captainron.

Note what Senator Hutchsion from Texas says about social security and illegal immigrants on her website. I just want her, though, to oppose this entire terrible Senate AMNESTY BILL! Our country doesn't really need "immigration reform" as she says, we need to enforce existing laws and build the fence!

http://hutchison.senate.gov/cc052507immigration.html

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Does anyone know at what point in the amnesty process illegal aliens get a valid social security number? Is it when they get a Z visa? Because that will be the point when they start costing us trillions of dollars. Actually a lot of this impact will be immediate, because when they get that SSN then they can start collecting the $4400 annual earned income credit.