Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Amnesty Protesters Crash Capitol Hill Switchboard

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty Protesters Crash Capitol Hill Switchboard

ALIPAC NOTE: Bypass the crashed switchboard numbers by using ALIPAC's directory of numbers for GOP lawmakers at...
    http://www.alipac.us/f8/call-list-sh...mnesty-315515/

Politics

Amnesty Protesters Crash Capitol Hill Switchboard

4:05 PM 12/11/2014

Neil Munro
    White House Correspondent

The Capitol Hill switchboard has been overwhelmed by calls to Congress.
    The 202 224-3121 number is jammed, likely by people protesting House Speaker John Boehner’s 2015 government funding bill, which allows funding for President Barack Obama’s unpopular decision to stop enforcing immigration law, and to award work-permits to at least 5 million illegal immigrants.
    Boehner’s effort to fund the $1.1 trillion bill and amnesty is being backed by President Barack Obama, whose deputies are pushing Democrats to support Boehner’s bill.
    The Daily Caller called the switchboard number at 3:28, and it was not answered for seven minutes. It is usually answered after a few seconds.
    When quizzed by TheDC, the switchboard operator merely said “there is high call volume.” She declined to describe the level of calls. “My job is to answer and transfer,” she said.
    TheDC called again at 3:50 and a second operator picked up the phone after nine minutes. When asked why there was a delay, the operator responded “apparently that is self-explanatory… there is more people in line than normal.”

TheDC asked her how many people were on the lines, and she responded “I’m not aware.” She declined to answer additional questions and disconnected TheDC.
    In 2006 and 2007,huge waves of phone calls jammed the switchboard and pressure legislators to stop passage of immigration legislation pushed by both Democratic and Republican leaders.
    The switchboard, however, isn’t needed any more by voters, who can use the internet to find the office numbers of their representatives and the offices of GOP leaders.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/12/11/am...l-switchboard/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I always call the offices direct, never go thru the switchboard anymore. At 5 approx. I got right thru to Pete Sessions ofc. with 3 rings.