Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Amnesty: Rebellion is a good thing

Amnesty: Rebellion is a good thing
    May 20, 2007 02:36 PM EST

by Steve Yuhas

During a time of war and deep division in America over both foreign policy and domestic political matters it is good to know that there is at least one issue where virtually all Americans come together. The issue is illegal immigration and securing our borders and the numbers speak for themselves. By a 3 to 1 margin Americans do not want amnesty for illegal aliens.

Many of us want the laws enforced to rid ourselves of the illegals that are already here.
    Yes - that means raids on farms and manufacturing plants to see if people working there are permitted to work or not. It means throwing the people who broke into America out and putting the people who hired them behind bars.

May 1st every year has become illegal in America day - wouldn't kill the ICE folks to send in a few thousand agents.

We know now how public bi-partisanship will be met by Washington, D.C. – we get flipped the bird from the President and his men along with our elected representatives and told that we're not smart enough to see the big picture.

President Bush and a "bi-partisan" group from the Senate couldn't care less about how the American people feel about the illegal alien issue.

Last week they unveiled a nearly 400 page bill that no legislator will read that does exactly the opposite of what so many people in America want.

It doesn't matter to me if an illegal is picking my strawberries or lettuce, cleaning my hotel room, washing my car or cutting my lawn. I'm concerned about the one in a million chance that someone comes across the border who wants to cut my throat or detonate a dirty bomb in my backyard.

There is but one remedy for leaders who ignore the will of the people in deference to a swift political decision in order to gain votes. That is the removal from office of any member of Congress that joins President Bush or the "bipartisan" group that drafted this amnesty boondoggle.

It must be made perfectly clear that whether you are liberal or conservative; Democrat or Republican - if you vote for this bill you vote yourself out of office.

People are incensed by this compromise because politicians decided that we do not matter. We must make ourselves relevant and one way to do it is to rebel. The American public is on a collision course with our elected leaders over illegal immigration and the security of our country.

Thomas Jefferson wrote his famous letter to James Madison in 1787 about Shays’ Rebellion that “a little rebellion every now and then is a good thingâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Thanks Jean,

Very good post.
    "When injustice become law, resistance becomes duty." Thomas Jefferson

You're most welcome Shad but if you really like the article perhaps you'd like to click on the source link which shows the author's email address and compliment him.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn