Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I am getting so sick of hearing "growing Latino vote". The Hispanic Community, the Latino Community. No wonder they are becomming more arrogant and in our face.
    I so agree with that. They make it sound like they are the most important thing that has ever happened in this country.
    Well actually elpasoborn, they are. In the not-so-distant future they will become the majority voting bloc in this nation, thanks to flat-line US citizen population growth and the birthing boom in the Hispanic community.

Those stats are the driving force behind the otherwise nonsensical courtship by both parties. End birthright citizenship for children of two foreign parents and change the destiny of a nation headed down the road to ruin.

Perhaps establishing a Constitutional Amendment which also automatically assigns citizenship of a newborn to the country of origin or lawful residency of the mother is in order?

Would foreign consulates refuse to offer citizenship to such children because the mother was abroad when giving birth? Hardly.

Such legislation should be a priority for the 112th Congress, and a concerned nation should make that clear as soon as they are seated in January. Rest assured such a move would do more for border security and stemming illegal immigration than a full battalion of US military.

That is likely to be followed by attempts to force employers to use a still-developing web system, dubbed E-Verify, to check that all of their employees are in the U.S. legally.
    This implies that it's not finished and doesn't work. The truth is that most applications are still in "development". Loads of applications are constintanly worked on for enhancements and bug fixes. I have never heard that it doesn't work.
    I would never be so arrogant as to move to another country and expect them to change for me.

tiredofapathy wrote,
    Perhaps establishing a Constitutional Amendment which also automatically assigns citizenship of a newborn to the country of origin or lawful residency of the mother is in order?
    I agree with the rest of your post, but, on this issue here, should we not demand a reading of the 14th as it exists concerning birthright citizenship?

My understanding is that automatic birthright citizenship does not exist as written. Apathy and ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

Why ask for anything new when the law is already there? Seems dangerous.

The problem it seems to me is that existing laws are not enforced and there's WAY TOO MUCH over interpretation of those laws that is allowed. Anyone can nit pick the interpretation of such laws ...Ad nauseam and there seems to be absolutely no limitation to that. Even the Supreme Court isn't the "final word" on anything.

It is not enough to end birthright citizenship. We also need to end chain migration. Otherwise some will try to pay women to have their baby so the baby can give them legal status. There should be no chain migration. Each person who wants to come to this country should have to apply as an individual.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by roundabout
    tiredofapathy wrote,
    I agree with the rest of your post, but, on this issue here, should we not demand a reading of the 14th as it exists concerning birthright citizenship?

My understanding is that automatic birthright citizenship does not exist as written. Apathy and ignorance is no excuse for breaking the law.

While I am not a Constitutional scholar, I tend to think writing a new Amendment which clarifies the 14th will be superior to attempting reversal of the Supreme Court decision that misinterpreted it. A liberal tilt to the Judicial seems to me far more dangerous. What we are trying to undo is essentially "legislation from the bench". Had there been proper clarification to begin with the 14th could not have been subverted.

Of course, who knew at the time of writing that Marxists would invest a lifetime dedicating themselves to covert subversion of national policy and leverage millions of destitute invaders to accomplish their goals?

redpony353 wrote,
    It is not enough to end birthright citizenship. We also need to end chain migration. Otherwise some will try to pay women to have their baby so the baby can give them legal status. There should be no chain migration. Each person who wants to come to this country should have to apply as an individual.
    Good point redpony. It seems that people will always look for the weakness in the defense.

There just gots to be a hole!

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    tiredofapathy wrote,

While I am not a Constitutional scholar, I tend to think writing a new Amendment which clarifies the 14th will be superior to attempting reversal of the Supreme Court decision that misinterpreted it. A liberal tilt to the Judicial seems to me far more dangerous.
    But how would we be assured that any new Amendment would be the FINAL word?

Quote Originally Posted by elpasoborn
    Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    tiredofapathy wrote,

While I am not a Constitutional scholar, I tend to think writing a new Amendment which clarifies the 14th will be superior to attempting reversal of the Supreme Court decision that misinterpreted it. A liberal tilt to the Judicial seems to me far more dangerous.
    But how would we be assured that any new Amendment would be the FINAL word?
    As with any legalese, the power is in the wording.

If you want bullet-proof, get kevlar. Maybe a judge would be the best qualified to answer your question?

tiredofapathy wrote,
    While I am not a Constitutional scholar,
    Nor am I. But the Constitution was not written for scholars. It was written for the average citizen.

I have listened to, and read, and go along with the line of thought, that Congress has a duty to read and debate the 14th. Shed some light. The courts are not intended to be the last line of defense for Constitutional interpretations.

johnwk has posted here some interesting discussions concerning this very issue and I thought the line of reasoning was very easy to understand.

I would go so far as to say, if the courts cannot, or will not interpret the 14th as intended then we need to figure out how to try them for incompetentcy or traitors. JMO

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast