Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchor Baby Cop Convicted

Jury convicts ex-cop accused of molesting women
    Web Posted: 05/21/2005 12:00 AM CDT
    http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/ ... 2a210.html
    Guillermo Contreras
    Express-News Staff Writer

To preserve, to protect and to defend.

Federal prosecutors said police officers take that oath when they don the uniform, but they said it was "nothing more than words" to former Balcones Heights Patrolman Rolando Rico Treviño, 28.

To Treviño, "the uniform is not a uniform. It's a costume," Assistant U.S. Attorney Bill Baumann said Friday in closing arguments at Treviño's trial. "The badge, the gun, the (patrol) car are just tools to get what he wants."

The jury agreed.

After deliberating about three hours, jurors convicted Treviño of conspiring with then-Officer Dwaun Jabbar Guidry, 30, to violate the civil rights of five young women the officers arrested on suspicion of public intoxication and then molested at the city's police station.

Treviño's guilty verdict followed Guidry's conviction after his January trial on the same charge for the same incident as well as other counts stemming from the rape of a woman in his patrol car.

Treviño sniffled and wiped away tears as the verdict was read, while some of his relatives a few rows behind him wept.

U.S. District Judge Xavier Rodriguez initially allowed Treviño to remain on bond pending his sentencing on Aug. 5, but the judge reversed course after prosecutors argued that federal law requires defendants convicted of a violent felony to be remanded to custody.
    Treviño faces up to 10 years in prison, and Guidry faces up to life when he's sentenced June 16.

"For now, we'll respect the jury's verdict, but we plan to appeal," Treviño's lead lawyer, Jimmy Parks, told reporters afterward.

Specifically, prosecutors convinced jurors that the officers took advantage of the women's drunkenness and used their positions to deprive the women â€â€
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Despicable....the girls were pretty young at the time one still in her teens. What garbage....their lawyer says "its despicable but not criminal". When did molesting women especially young women less able to defend themselves become NOT CRIMINAL???

Where is the part about the Anchor Baby? Is one of the police officers an anchor baby?
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This man is a disgrace to all who wear a badge.

Unrelated and im not saying hes an illegal, but is it possible for an illegal immigrant to become a LEO here in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Despicable....the girls were pretty young at the time one still in her teens. What garbage....their lawyer says "its despicable but not criminal". When did molesting women especially young women less able to defend themselves become NOT CRIMINAL???

Where is the part about the Anchor Baby? Is one of the police officers an anchor baby?
    Rolando Rico Treviño, 28. Balcones Heights is an anchor baby burb of S.A.
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

I don't know about Law Enforcement Officers, but I know the military accepts illegals....which I don't think they should, because it sends the wrong message. It doesn't take away from the service or sacrifice, it's just not wise policy to have foreign nationals in our US Armed Services.

LEO may be hiring illegals and making them cops for the language services. It's something to look into.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trefino "wept".....a cry baby too!!

Next time follow your rules of conduct while on duty; keeps your hands to yourself; leave women ALONE unless you are doing your job and helping them as part of enforcing the law.

A cop in prison....no wonder he's crying!!

I wonder why the other guy got Life? How bad was this? Pretty bad, I would think to get Life.

IMHO

I don't know about Law Enforcement Officers, but I know the military accepts illegals....which I don't think they should, because it sends the wrong message. It doesn't take away from the service or sacrifice, it's just not wise policy to have foreign nationals in our US Armed Services.

LEO may be hiring illegals and making them cops for the language services. It's something to look into.
    I totally agree. Just because they "say" they are willing to fight for our country doesn't mean they "all" do fight for our country. I'm not saying some of them don't now. I'm just saying there is a possibility some don't. Seems to me that is a chance we cannot afford to take.

Make them become LEGAL and then join.