Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Anchorage to get Mexican consulate

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/496370.html

Anchorage to get Mexican consulate
    C STREET: Providing ID's, birth certificates, visas among services.
    By JULIA O'MALLEY
    jomalley@adn.com
    Published: August 17th, 2008 12:30 AM
    Last Modified: August 17th, 2008 12:59 AM
    Mexico will open a full consulate office in Anchorage to provide services and promote trade, according to consul Jose Luis Cuevas.

Until now, Mexico has serviced its citizens living in Alaska largely through traveling consular officials who visit here.
    An office is under construction and will open this fall at 610 C St. In the meantime, the consulate is looking for temporary space, Cuevas said.
    It will have a total of 10 employees.
    A Mexican consulate provides a variety of services to people of Mexican descent and tourists, including visas, birth certificates and identification cards. American-born children with Mexican parents can be granted dual citizenship, Cuevas said.
    One of the consulate's first activities will be to host a celebration commemorating Mexico's independence from Spain from 7 to 10 p.m. Sept. 15 on the Delaney Park Strip.
    There are 50 Mexican consulates in the U.S.

Hispanics make up one of the fastest growing ethnic demographics in the state. Close to 40,000 Hispanics live in Alaska and about half are of Mexican descent, according to estimates from the U.S. Census and the consulate.
    Find Julia O'Malley online at adn.com/contact/jomalley or call 257-4591.

This is the first time I have seen Anchorage publish story on this; even though ALIPAC had article a few months ago. There are 4 comments posted as of now.

Alaska? Is there absolutely no place in the US where these people have not roamed and settled?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    Alaska? Is there absolutely no place in the US where these people have not roamed and settled?
    I think the word "invaded" is a more accurate description. And now they have the mexican government on Alaskan soil to further their efforts...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DEPORT - DEPORT SOME MORE!

SEAL THE BORDERS

INTERIOR CONTROL AND ENFORCEMENT OF THE EMPLOYMENT

Quote Originally Posted by vortex

Nope. The mad dash to Alaska was, just like everything else they do, to force Americans out of the well paying jobs to be had within the fishing industry. They've literally taken over on the processors and at the canneries, etc.

It's my understanding, from some folks I know connected to the industry, that there is some buzz about attempts, in the future, possibly being made to force them onto the boat captains as crew because they want the super big $$$ the actual fishermen bring in and find it "discriminatory" and "racist" that they are not employed on the boats.

Can't Americans see---

Can't Americans see---the heavy involvement of the Mexican government in the invasion??? For God's sake, it is as plain as can be. The Mexican government builds a consulate in Alaska?? Give me a break.

They are officially funding and fueling the invasion. They will own America from sea ti shining sea.

A country of 103 million has successfully invaded and semi-conquered one of the most powerful countries in the world. The only place that a shot has been fired is at the Mexican border and Bush and company will jail any Border Patrol agent that fires the shot.

I am sorry to say that violence will erupt in this country. The American spirit cannot continue to be spit upon. Our children need jobs. I do not need any GD misplaced compassion giving America to invaders at the expense of my children and their children's prosperity.

How could any American's spirit be so corrupted as to desire multiculturism and spending the money of fellow Americans on invaders.

and we only haev NINE in mexico.

something is clearly wrong with this picture....
    Just how many mexicans live in alaska anyways?

Sure doesn't seem like it.

This is a bit crazy but do Americans care that they are being sold out by their politicians ? No one seems to care as long as it doesn't interrupt their TV shows.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

It's my understanding, from some folks I know connected to the industry, that there is some buzz about attempts, in the future, possibly being made to force them onto the boat captains as crew because they want the super big $$$ the actual fishermen bring in and find it "discriminatory" and "racist" that they are not employed on the boats.
    Why doesn't that surprise me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast