Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the article tries to cover too much territory. But I can't say I don't like the passion it conveys. And I applaud the effort you make to keep plugging away at this.

The similarities between the invasion of the TX border towns and the NC coastal towns bears mentioning. I have lived in both places. I don't like the looks of things for NC if the trend is left unchecked.

It is my understanding that the drivers license issue is one of the things that makes NC attractive to illegals. If they can get a drivers license with that bogus matriculation card the Mexican gov't has agents on this side of the border passing out to illegal immigrants, that is the first issue that needs to be addressed, if you ask me. That matriculation card isn't proof of anything other than that the bearer of the card had a couple bucks to but it from some other illegal. How many terrorists bought them and are now posing as Mexican citizens?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

here is a web site for IRS 501 C 3 , probable they used Section B (4) & (5)

http://straylight.law.cornell.edu/uscod ... -000-.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WHO WOULD BE CONTRIBUTING TO EL PUEBLO WHOSE MISSION IS TO CREATE UNFAIR COMPETITION IN THE NC JOBS, EDUCATION, HOUSING, BENEFITS, AND PUBLIC SERVICES MARKETS THROUGH ITS LOBBYING EFFORTS ON BEHALF OF ILLEGAL ALIENS WHO ARE HERE IN NC IN VIOLATION OF US IMMIGRATION, LABOR AND CIVIL RIGHTS LAW? AND FOR WHAT PURPOSE?
    Judy,

I believe the answer to your question lies clearly in one of Bazan-Manson's affiliations .. as highlighted below.

From ... http://elpueblo.org/staffprofiles.html

Andrea Bazan-Manson - Executive Director & Chief Lobbyist

Andrea Bazan-Manson is El Pueblo's Executive Director and chief lobbyist at the state and federal levels. She is a founding member of El Pueblo and served on its board as Vice-President from 1995-1999. Previously, she was the Research Associate at the NC Office of Minority Health, Department of Health and Human Services.

Andrea is involved in several state and inter-agency committees and groups, including the Governor's Advisory Council on Hispanic/Latino Affairs. She also sits on the Boards of the John Rex Endowment, Community Reinvestment Association of NC, the NC Center for NonProfits, World View, and the Center for Community Self-Help.

Nationally, she is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights organization based in Washington DC, where she also serves on its Executive Committee.

Andrea has a strong record of public health service. She is a member of the National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health’s National Advisory Committee. a member of the NC Institute of Medicine (appointed by Gov Easley), serves on the Scientific Advisory Team of Quit Now NC, and the Advisory Board for UNC-Chapel Hill's A Su Salud. She also teaches at the UNC School of Public Health, Dept of Maternal and Child Health.

Andrea has received recognition for her work through various awards. She is a 1997-99 William C. Friday Fellow for Human Relations and holds a Master's degree in Social Work and a Master's degree in Public Health from UNC-Chapel Hill. Andrea and her husband Jim have three daughters, Carolina, Juliana and Victoria. She grew up in Argentina.

Here's more info on Bazan-Mason:

From .....http://www.meredith.edu/mcnews/spt-manson.htm

El Pueblo, Inc. Executive Director Shares Her Experience

When Andrea Bazan-Manson immigrated to New Orleans from Argentina with her family in 1981, she didn't consider herself a Latina or Hispanic. In fact, she had never heard these terms until she entered a Catholic high school. When she heard these names it made her feel set apart from her classmates.

Bazan-Manson said it was two years before she spoke out in class because of the language barrier she faced. Though she'd studied English in school in Argentina, she was taught British English, and found the New Orleans dialect to be much different.

Fast forward 15 years. Bazan-Manson asked her four-year-old daughter what she should tell Meredith students about Latinas before she was a guest speaker at a luncheon.

"Just talk about us," her daughter said simply. "We're Latinas."

A few hours later when Bazan-Manson began her talk at the Latin American Culture and the Roles of Women luncheon sponsored by the Meredith International Association (MIA), she first talked of her three daughters and how they identify themselves as Latinas. Then she talked about the process by which she came to identify herself the same way.

Bazan-Manson has spent her professional life in North Carolina trying to define the Latino community and advocate for it. Currently she is the executive director and chief lobbyist at El Pueblo, Inc., a North Carolina non-profit statewide advocacy and policy organization dedicated to strengthening the Latino community. Nationally, she is a member of the board of directors and executive committee of the National Council of La Raza, the nation's largest Hispanic civil rights organization based in Washington, D.C.

Bazan-Manson came to North Carolina to attend graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. She was surprised to see how many Spanish speakers were around her. "I did not know at that point that we had such a fast-growing Latino population," she said.

Because she could speak Spanish she was constantly asked to help out with events where bilingual people were needed. "Pretty soon my entire life was dedicated to helping the Latino community," Bazan-Manson said.

In graduate school and in the few years after she and a few others continued to work with the Latino community. "We realized that the Latino community in North Carolina had tremendous needs," she said.

Bazan-Manson talked more about how Latinos are forming their own communities in North Carolina. She discussed challenges they face and how El Pueblo, Inc., is working to effect change. "I know that the work I'm doing has a direct impact," she said.

As a celebration of International Women's Month, attendants at the luncheon were served a variety of foods from Central and South American countries, all provided by MIA.
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

Analysis

Well the article very clearly shows what we are up against. A class of people benefitting, and those who are paying the price. our leaders pandering only to money. I could get historical, but I'm tired. It also points out the coming backlash and the imability of our leaders to move quickly enough on this issue due to not wanting to, or just plain apathy.

I can see it now. A representative after a hard day of answering calls from outraged constituents saying,

"damn, why did the public have to notice the illegals, they are just doing jobs Americans won't do?"

Well the illegal immigration is one part, the movement to rectify the problem is another.

Immovable object, meets irresistable force.

Something has to give, or there is the liklihood of mutual destruction. This goes to, who knows where, from there? Either way, let's hope somebody swerves in this game of chicken, or we decide to quit playing this deadly game.

Watchman--"I know my work is having a direct impact." Quote from Manson. She's right about that. A negative impact on Americans. I do not believe promoting or advocating violations of US Immigration, Labor and Civil Rights Laws of the US fall into "charitable" work.

Perhaps when she started her work, she intended to assist Legal Hispanics, but obviously pursuing advocacy on behalf of Illegal Aliens and their benefactors would have clearly crossed that line.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Hispanic political and economic power is on the rise here in America.Should either of the 2 Latin American candidates for Pope get the vote you will see even more of an effort to soften our southern border.

charlesokisland--I do not see the section that would allow for lobbying activities for foreign interests in the 501 C 3 guidelines. Help me to find the B 4 & 5 sections you reference.

Also, there are two types of tax exempt organizations. One, where the entity does not pay income tax on surpluses AND the contributions are tax deductible for contributors and two, others where the entity does not pay income tax on surpluses BUT the contributions are NOT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.

The latter is the most difficult and high standard to achieve and reserved almost exclusively for the true "religious and charitable organizations".

Civic clubs, leagues, chambers of commerce, etc. are not tax deductible constributions in most cases for contributors, BUT the entity does not have to pay income tax on surpluses.

Lobbying is not a tax exempt activity for the contributor.

Also, is it possible that this organization El Pueblo receives "grants" from public institutions like the state of North Carolina and UNC and so forth?

Is it possible that this organization promoting illegal aliens in NC is using North Carolina state and/or university grants, i. e. Public Funds to operate?

I wonder how we can find out?

El Pueblo needs to stand back and down on changing North Carolina law to accommodate illegal aliens in any regard. That is creating unfair competition in our jobs, education, housing, benefits, and services markets for Citizens of the United States in favor of criminals who have entered our country illegally and violate American law many times thereafter in order to remain and function here.

The El Pueblo organization chart clearly shows they have a full-time paid Lobbyist on Staff. I believe that alone disqualifies the organization from 501 C 3 Status under IRS Guidelines for such organizations.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Judy,

Do you know about La Raza? If not, do a little reading. That will tell you lots of who and what is behind this in EVERY state.

La Raza means "The Race" ... and they're certainly not referring to the Anglos or any other ethnic group but the Hispanics/Latinos ..
    "This country has lost control of its borders. And no country can sustain that kind of position." .... Ronald Reagan

watchman-la raza pertains ONLY to the mexicans;the other latins don't consider themselves la raza (unless they've been around mexicans).Truth is different latinos such as mexicans,salvadorians,guatemalens,nicaraguans,hond urans,etc.-hate each other.which is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by rickesteves
    watchman-la raza pertains ONLY to the mexicans;the other latins don't consider themselves la raza (unless they've been around mexicans).Truth is different latinos such as mexicans,salvadorians,guatemalens,nicaraguans,hond urans,etc.-hate each other.which is fine by me.
    Thanks for the info .. I was referring Judy to La Raza since the woman from El Pueblo sits on the National Council of La Raza. She refers to herself as Latina and her bio states she grew up in Argentina.

Regardless, she is trying to push legislation to turn NC into another CA.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast