Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Arizona to get 1,000 more Border Patrol agents

by Erin Kelly - Jun. 23, 2010 01:38 PM
    Republic Washington Bureau

WASHINGTON - Arizona will get 1,000 additional Border Patrol agents, 100 more Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigators and two unmanned Predator drones to help battle Mexican drug cartels, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Wednesday.

The added Border Patrol agents will boost the total number of agents in Arizona by about 28 percent, to more than 4,600. Nationwide, there are now more than 20,000 border patrol agents, most stationed at the Southwest border.

Napolitano said the Tucson sector needs the additional help because it has become the favored corridor of drug smugglers, who shifted operations after security was tightened along the California and Texas borders.

"We need to close off Tucson," Napolitano said when she unveiled the plan at a meeting of the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a nonprofit research organization.

The two new drones for the Arizona-Mexico border will join a fleet of four drones that already fly along the Southwest border in Arizona and New Mexico.

Napolitano also announced that the Federal Aviation Administration has approved a request by Customs and Border Protection to operate drones along the Texas-Mexico border and throughout the Gulf Coast region. They would be based at the Corpus Christi Naval Air Station in Texas

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... gents.html

FINALLY!

Now I thought that the Governor was asking for 6 (thousand.) Then I heard she would settle for 3 thousand. Let's see how this plays out.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Uh Oh

I am betting that the ACLU, SPLC, ADL and all the other communist, open borders organizations are throwing a hissy fit...

All those that think even this would have happened without SB1070 please raise your hand.
    No amnesty until the border is secured... then no amnesty.

Don't hold your breath. We still haven't been told when those 1200 National Guard will arrive in AZ.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This will do absolutely squat against heavily armed Zetas operating inside our borders now. This is now a Military situation. As usual Obama is playing games.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ReggieMay
    Don't hold your breath. We still haven't been told when those 1200 National Guard will arrive in AZ.
    My thoughts almost exactly, I was thinking also "I'll believe it when I see it"!

they have to be trained first, and that usually takes 4-5 months from what i have heard in the past

Re: Arizona to get 1,000 more Border Patrol agents

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry

WASHINGTON - Arizona will get 1,000 additional Border Patrol agents, 100 more Immigration and Customs Enforcement investigators and two unmanned Predator drones to help battle Mexican drug cartels, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano announced Wednesday.
    Yet Washington cuts over time pay, has still not sent the 1200 soldiers and makes idle promises to give Arizona 1000 more BP agents? More lies.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Re: Arizona to get 1,000 more Border Patrol agents

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry

Yet Washington cuts over time pay, has still not sent the 1200 soldiers and makes idle promises to give Arizona 1000 more BP agents? More lies.
    you are probably right about this, lies lies and more lies,
    but ya know, this is one thing this administration KNOWS how to do