Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member FedUpinFarmersBranch's Avatar

AZ- ACLU Questions Immigration Raids

Thursday, November 05, 2009Last Update: 11:38 AM PT
    ACLU Questions Immigration Raids
    By JAMIE ROSS

PHOENIX (CN) - Most undocumented immigrants arrested during the highly publicized "Return to Sender" raids in Northern Arizona had no criminal records, the ACLU says, citing documents it received in response to a FOIA request. More than 50 addresses agents used were more than 10 years old, which discomfited innocent families who were visited by the task force, the ACLU says.
    The raids were carried out in November 2008, seeking 125 specific immigrants, and the ACLU demanded documents on the operations conducted in Flagstaff, Sedona and Prescott. The documents show that only 14 of the 80 people who were arrested had previously been deported and only 2 of the 14 had criminal convictions.
    The documents also show that 23 of the 80 arrests were made at workplaces or homes and 18 arrests were the result of two smuggling loads stopped on Interstate 17. Twenty-four people were arrested on criminal arrest warrants at a trailer park in Sedona.
    The ACLU says the document show that Immigrations and Customs Enforcement the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office and Prescott Police Department relied on outdated addresses to look for fugitives.
    The ACLU says that ICE agents deceived some immigrants into believing that the only option they had was to sign a voluntary removal agreement.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/11/0 ... _Raids.htm
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Seems to me that if you are undocumented, that is the same as saying you are illegal and broke the law the minute you crossed the border??
    Why weren't they doucmented then in the first place. Oh ya, here to milk the system, I forgot!

ELE
    no criminal records..........what?

Anyone in OUR country illegally is a criminal, period.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just deport!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is a crime to enter this country with out the proper paper work, health screaning etc. they should ALL be deported.

The ACLU needs to go! they are worthless!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Wow,don't we have a major health pandemic underwat here in the USA

Them sneaking across is a health risk.....DUH
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou